Patches & Difficulty

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Do you like the idea of putting patches into difficult settings window ?

Yes
50%
Dunno
13%
No
38%

Total votes: 32

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Patches & Difficulty

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

well ... I think you should merge those two windows into one ...

instead of Patches window, make DIFFICULT SETTINGS bigger adding there those patches ...

for example putting stationspread switch into that window:
EASY: 50, MEDIUM: 30, HARD: 15, and CUSTOM: here user can set what he want
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Patches & Difficulty

Post by Wolf01 »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:well ... I think you should merge those two windows into one ...

instead of Patches window, make DIFFICULT SETTINGS bigger adding there those patches ...

for example putting stationspread switch into that window:
EASY: 50, MEDIUM: 30, HARD: 15, and CUSTOM: here user can set what he want
yes, i like it, i play always custom so this won't be a problem for me :twisted:
but only certain options shouldn't be moved... or the switches, like build on coasts, long bridges have to be set with intelligence: hard all deactivated, like a normal TTD, medium one yes and one not, easy all active
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

buildoncoasts also can be moved ... ion EASY and MEDIUM can be ON and in HARD can be OFF ... in CUSTOM user will be able to choose between ON/OFF
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:buildoncoasts also can be moved ... ion EASY and MEDIUM can be ON and in HARD can be OFF ... in CUSTOM user will be able to choose between ON/OFF
I don't like that. Build on slopes should be useable for everybody, not only for people, who uses custom settings or newbies
Mad Dog McKill
President
President

Post by Mad Dog McKill »

I think buildoncoastes was never made to be as a difficulty setting..
OT: By FIREMARK: "Limitation disturbs me very sprites. Goes it throw out limitation?"
My Last.fm Profile
My Facebook Profile
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

Bjarni wrote:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:buildoncoasts also can be moved ... ion EASY and MEDIUM can be ON and in HARD can be OFF ... in CUSTOM user will be able to choose between ON/OFF
I don't like that. Build on slopes should be useable for everybody, not only for people, who uses custom settings or newbies
use "custom" and set all to hard but active buildoncoasts
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

but well ... to be hones look at both patches and difficulty settings ... they job is the same :!: .... so I think they should be the one, of corse we could discuss all settings,
like Bjarni, buildonslopes could be enabled in all difficulties and turning it off would be in custom
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:but well ... to be hones look at both patches and difficulty settings ... they job is the same :!: .... so I think they should be the one, of corse we could discuss all settings,
like Bjarni, buildonslopes could be enabled in all difficulties and turning it off would be in custom
i don't think so, buildonslopes was developed to make the game easier building tracks and stations where before was impossible to build something... same thing for higherbridges, longbridges, stationspread etc...
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

How about the ability to lock all settings to savegames/scenarios?

Would allow people to post 'challenge' scenarios without having to explicitly specify what settings should be used.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”