System Requirements for TT

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

System Requirements for TT

Post by HyperFlexed »

Greetings TTphiles. New here, hope to be around A LOT more.

Question...

What are the specific system requirements for TT?

I'm asking because I hate the TTD patch and TTD, and I have found a way to run TT without the patch. (I hate the patch because it just isn't the same with it). I'm using DOSBox

I want the system reqs. because I need to have them set up to run the game properly and it is running slow, so if someone knows the system requirements, that would be great to have so I can make sure that my emulator is not the problem.

thanks.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

TT should run on standard 386 class PC ... for fluent play I suggest to set it to 486, but I doubt it will run on dosbox anyway

as for TTD you can run it 'nearly without Patch' (just turn on only win2k switch for playing on XP), as for TTO there is no patch to play XP

but I think you don't the Patch well ... it is great ... and you are the first of whole TT community here who regret using TTDPatch ... most people never back to TT(D) after playing TTDPatch ... it makes game very diffirent but all features makes game more nice, not worse ... I suggest to try yourself TTDPatch a bit more
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

A few years ago now, I didn't really want to play with TTDPatch. Then, one day, I tried it, and it was actually really good. Go on, try it, once you get used to the TTDPatch way, you'll never look back. ;)

As for TTO, it's nice, but I couldn't really play it now... too limited. Plus, it doesn't work on XP directly. ;)
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

I did try the TTD patch.

I gave it a week.

I didn't like it because by default it put on all these cheats that I didn't want. I hate cheating. I enjoy the old TT.

differences set aside, I need those requirements. Maybe a scan off the back of the box would help...

I need things like RAM, display type etc...

btw, like my new sig? (see below)
Attachments
ttsig.jpg
ttsig.jpg (20.9 KiB) Viewed 8209 times
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Yeah wonderful sig.
If you try to read the Manual, you will find that you can disable all "cheats", and play the unpatched version, with only the win2k switch on to get TTD working on winXP. :wink:
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

Rob wrote:Yeah wonderful sig.
If you try to read the Manual, you will find that you can disable all "cheats", and play the unpatched version, with only the win2k switch on to get TTD working on winXP. :wink:
hmmm, a small sacrafice... I love the original more than the deluxe version.

Know what would be cool? a version of TTD for multiple resolutions... can't remember if the TTDpatch does that. Does it?
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

No, sadly not.
But OpenTTD does just that.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

hehe, I got DOSBox to run TT and it is running superbly. Screw patches, I gotz DOSBox!
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

screw grammar, i gotz z's!
<_<
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

Lilman424 wrote:screw grammar, i gotz z's!
<_<
do you mean ghrammar? :P
Lilman424
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lilman424 »

....no
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

HyperFlexed wrote:I did try the TTD patch.
I gave it a week.
I didn't like it because by default it put on all these cheats that I didn't want. I hate cheating. I enjoy the old TT.
I wonder what do you mean by 'cheats' ?? new graphic and vehicles ?? or maybe pre-signals ?? or multi-heading trains ?? everythign is adjusted to be more similar to real life, also build on slopes/coasts ... road vehicles queueing force road vehicle to strop and wait instead of travelling crazy and generalfixes patch TTD bugs ... those cheats you meant are easly turnable off ... but most of patches aren't cheats ... try yourself
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

i dislike ttdpatch.... i like tto A LOT more for its nice grass and farm...plus the 1930 startdate with A LOT of vehicles.... i wanna have thoose 2 things in open ttd then we get that ultimate game.

well i anyway like tto more for theese things.... i hate ttd farms because thye just fill the landscape with farm thingies... it dosetn in tto... in tto grass is better...u start earlier more vehicles etc... i miss tto... if sumone makes a ttd -tto hybrid it wud be the best game ever... as for now i prefer tto.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Maybe you should talk to GoneWacko about his work on
Transport Tycoon Original Deluxe
Gurluas2000
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gurluas2000 »

ty this rulez...
its awesome.... gonewacko u rule...
still openttd shud include that too.
HyperFlexed
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HyperFlexed »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:
HyperFlexed wrote:I did try the TTD patch.
I gave it a week.
I wonder what do you mean by 'cheats' ?? new graphic and vehicles ?? or maybe pre-signals ?? or multi-heading trains ?? everythign is adjusted to be more similar to real life, also build on slopes/coasts ... road vehicles queueing force road vehicle to strop and wait instead of travelling crazy and generalfixes patch TTD bugs ... those cheats you meant are easly turnable off ... but most of patches aren't cheats ... try yourself
I did try turning them off. Still, like the other guy said, you start with less vehicles. I don't care if it is more realistic. It isn't TTO.
ConiKost
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ConiKost »

TTO & TTD are running fine on my Compaq Contura 430CX (DX4-100) Laptop!