Purno's New Bridge Graphics

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
alpha 26 patch allows higher bridges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let's celebrate! With new graphics this could be soooooo cooooool!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, well, we may wait a while for new graphics to be really practical. The original bridge graphic handler that came with the game is a real mess, and will be rather difficult for the Patch to reprogram. I'm not sure even that anybody is working on that at the moment. But even as they are, higher bridges are very cool.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

after so much time waiting for higher bridges I've realised I don't feel anything special for them, at least with the original ones, too ugly.
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I agree that the higher bridges don't look that great using the original TTD bridges. But then the original bridges didn't look that great even as they were. And the ability to have higher bridges makes a MAJOR operational difference - the Arctic climate is so much better now! I do think that eventually we'll be able to have better-looking bridges, in a future Patch. So be patient I guess.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raven
Director
Director

Post by Raven »

I think I've changed my mind, one of the most beautiful (hmmm, at least impressive) images of railroads are those old high(very) wooden bridges of the american railways.
HOw could they stand together?, magic
6th Member of the Reciox - The Inner Circle

pak96 Simutrans Depot
http://www.raven.simutrans.com
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, yes, the very high wooden trestles are interesting alright. I'd still like to see better graphics for them. I don't know of any bridge ever designed like the wooden ones in TTD. Either all the wood was underneath (there weren't any beams over the track level), or it was a covered bridge and the bridge was fully covered over (and the structure was an arch inside the bridge, hence the supports were much farther apart).
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

Is this project dead? :cry:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Kruz wrote:Is this project dead? :cry:
As far as I know my bridges will be used in OpenTTD. TTDPatch can't (and won't) support them.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Purno wrote:
Kruz wrote:Is this project dead? :cry:
As far as I know my bridges will be used in OpenTTD. TTDPatch can't (and won't) support them.
Well... You are wrong (mainly).
I'm trying to implement them in a grf, and the ones that are supportable (many of them) will be in there, but the progress is reeeeally slow, because I don't have much time.
I don't understand NFOs, and the tools (NFOeditor mainly) keeps crashing...

FYI I have already done the bridge 1, and corrected some misalignments for the on/off ramps for mono/maglev. Also corrected the suspension bridges' supports over a large valley (too many/few being drawn).

Screenshots will follow...
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

Keep up the good work!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy, that's great!!!

I didn't know you were doing that. Keep up the good work! (And I'd love to see some screenies!)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

The screens...
Attachments
Suspension supports before...
Suspension supports before...
Supp2.png (34.04 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
Suspension supports corrected
Suspension supports corrected
Supp1.png (33.81 KiB) Viewed 5447 times
New bridge type 1, replaces girder steel. Also replaced the constuction icon, and corrected the ramps.
New bridge type 1, replaces girder steel. Also replaced the constuction icon, and corrected the ramps.
Bridge1.png (61.07 KiB) Viewed 861 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is there no way to change the little pyon filler that extends the bridge supports, so they look like one continuous piece?
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Sorry, I don't know what's a "pyon filler"...
If it was intended to be "pylon filler", I still don't know what it is.
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

I think he means that two supports look like two supports in the one direction, and like one bigger support in the other (better).

But the whole bridge looks really cool :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Could these perhaps be used in OpenTTD? Of course, you will get full credit if we decide to use them. :)
Anything decided yet?
Image Image
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Yes, check the graphics sticky at the top of the OTTD development forum
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Born Acorn wrote:Yes, check the graphics sticky at the top of the OTTD development forum
All I can find is a topic with a list of all graphics which OTTD has permission to use. I can't find anything about OTTD using my bridges or not. Could you link me to where I should've found it?
Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The graphics haven't been integrated yet, but I imagine they will be soon. I might do that, actually. I'll see how it goes.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Szappy: How you fixed the support stuff?
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...

Return to “Graphics Development”