JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 01 Jan 2024 18:43 Which industrial set is this? I'd rather pay attention to the update.
Temporal8's Real Industries 32bpp Beta
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Thanks. Well, it's beta after all, hopefully it will be reported to temporal as well.
BubuSK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BubuSK »

Oh wow!
Now I know why it placed some random text next to the station name sometimes on random occasions.
Thanks!
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Is there somewhere to set how much money the company will have at start-up? I noticed in some scenarios that there was a lot of money available from the start, but one for example paid for canals from the start to make rivers and lakes, so I'm wondering if it was more of a save game converted to a scenario.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Quast65 wrote: 24 Dec 2023 11:07 As Santa is on his way, I want to start a new yearly tradition for me by summing up my wishlist for OpenTTD :tongue:
(...)
- No Overhang Penalty For Long (PAX)Trains (Possibly As A Cheat)
Good news, this has now been merged into OpenTTD :D
https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/11682
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Emperor Jake wrote: 05 Jan 2024 01:23 Good news, this has now been merged into OpenTTD :D
Oh, wow!!! :shock: This has been on my wishlist for ages!! :D
Many thanks to everybody involved!! :bow: :bow:

EDIT:
I got a notification yesterday that I was tagged on Discord, but I couldnt find the message.
Found it now ;-)
Cheers Jake!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Well, glory, finally, this penalty sometimes turned me on, especially when it was only a measly half of the field and the train immediately waited for an unnecessarily long time. :)
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

JGR wrote: 31 Dec 2023 20:31
BubuSK wrote: 31 Dec 2023 10:17 Hello,

I'd like to report I tried loading the savegame from 0.56.1 (which had the "Assertion failed at line 100 of /src/core/span_type.hpp: offset + count <= size()" error when trying to place a railway station) in the 0.56.2. Now the game throws the same error when attempting to load that savegame. I am running English (UK) localization.

Bubu
If you could post the savegame causing the issue I'll take a look at it.

i too encountered this error on a new game further i'd like to point out once the ingame date gets to 79455 the clock in the bottom left gets all screwed up if you reload the save or set date after 79455
first i thought my openttd.cfg was corrupt but no even no grf's and vanilla config file does it.
EDIT1:
crash-20240108T183630Z.png
(1.01 MiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20240108T183630Z.sav
(176.46 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
crash-20240108T183630Z.txt
(25.79 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
EDIT2: i rolled back to 0.56.1 and the issue is gone.
LoneBlackWolf
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Maddog45353 wrote: 08 Jan 2024 19:57
BubuSK wrote: 31 Dec 2023 10:17 Hello,

I'd like to report I tried loading the savegame from 0.56.1 (which had the "Assertion failed at line 100 of /src/core/span_type.hpp: offset + count <= size()" error when trying to place a railway station) in the 0.56.2. Now the game throws the same error when attempting to load that savegame. I am running English (UK) localization.

Bubu

i too encountered this error on a new game further i'd like to point out once the ingame date gets to 79455 the clock in the bottom left gets all screwed up if you reload the save or set date after 79455
first i thought my openttd.cfg was corrupt but no even no grf's and vanilla config file does it.
EDIT1:

The issue with the date is fixed now, it'll be in the next release. Have you really been playing the game for that long? :P
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

V56.1

If starting a new game, the AI scripts (which had been set to specific scripts) are now set to random.
If I add specific AI player scripts then reload the game they revert to random. It didn't use to do this.
Has something changed that I've missed?
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

JGR wrote: 08 Jan 2024 23:38
Maddog45353 wrote: 08 Jan 2024 19:57

EDIT1:

The issue with the date is fixed now, it'll be in the next release. Have you really been playing the game for that long? :P

no i was testing out grfs with dates far into the future to see what they all add and do and noticed that bug
LoneBlackWolf
Tommy88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tommy88 »

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I was playing TTD on may trusty PS1 and then OpenTTD for many years, but I've never bothered with the patch packs, boy I was sooooo wrong... So many quality of life improvements caused me to stay with the game much longer than usual.

Nevertheless, the whole patch pack is absolutely great, the only function that is missing for my experience is automation of some options regarding the Local Authorities. I'm playing with the town growth disabled and only allowing the growth after the buildings are funded - clicking on 15 towns "Fund New Buidlings" every 3 months is getting cumbersome, I've found that CityMania has those options implemented, and it's pretty vanilla comparing to the JGR's Patch pack, I was wondering if it's even possible to combine those two? Or is there a gamescript that allows me to automate local authorities actions?

I've looked into the gamescripts creation, but it's way over my head currently, and I'd spent 20 days working on it and probably still getting nowhere :P

I could play the CityMania fork, but this patch is so much better and I couldn't go back to the world without the signals on bridges and tunnels under the see :)

This is how it looks on the CityMania build:
Local Authority window.png
(214.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AdmiralEllis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdmiralEllis »

I think a bug cropped up in 0.56.2; I went from 0.56.1 to 0.56.2 and upon generating a new map certain cars (narrow gauge rolling stock) either don't appear or expire way too early.
I'm using a bunch of newgrfs but nothing changed other than the versions of JGR's; the rolling stock in question is from the NARS 2CC pack.

I'm also running a daylengthfactor of 40 but I don't think that affects anything.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

AdmiralEllis wrote: 12 Jan 2024 20:05 I think a bug cropped up in 0.56.2; I went from 0.56.1 to 0.56.2 and upon generating a new map certain cars (narrow gauge rolling stock) either don't appear or expire way too early.
I'm using a bunch of newgrfs but nothing changed other than the versions of JGR's; the rolling stock in question is from the NARS 2CC pack.

I'm also running a daylengthfactor of 40 but I don't think that affects anything.
This is a known issue with NARS, it is not compliant with the specification: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/11635.
Tommy88 wrote: 11 Jan 2024 15:39 Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. I was playing TTD on may trusty PS1 and then OpenTTD for many years, but I've never bothered with the patch packs, boy I was sooooo wrong... So many quality of life improvements caused me to stay with the game much longer than usual.

Nevertheless, the whole patch pack is absolutely great, the only function that is missing for my experience is automation of some options regarding the Local Authorities. I'm playing with the town growth disabled and only allowing the growth after the buildings are funded - clicking on 15 towns "Fund New Buidlings" every 3 months is getting cumbersome, I've found that CityMania has those options implemented, and it's pretty vanilla comparing to the JGR's Patch pack, I was wondering if it's even possible to combine those two? Or is there a gamescript that allows me to automate local authorities actions?

I've looked into the gamescripts creation, but it's way over my head currently, and I'd spent 20 days working on it and probably still getting nowhere :P

I could play the CityMania fork, but this patch is so much better and I couldn't go back to the world without the signals on bridges and tunnels under the see :)

This is how it looks on the CityMania build:
Local Authority window.png
Thanks. I'm not aware of a game script which does this in this way, but there may be one.
I don't have any plans at the moment to add this sort of functionality, the city-builder play style and player base is quite separate from everything else, for the most part.
If the button is always pressed every three months, at a high level it's equivalent to not turning off town growth in the first place.
There are plenty of existing scripts which control town growth directly according to a wide variety of conditions, rather than indirectly by using manual company actions. It may be worth looking into whether any of those are suitable.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Tommy88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tommy88 »

Thanks for the answer. That's just my problem, I'm somewhere between the city builder and transport mogul type :P

I wanted the best control over the city growth and a place where I could spend excess money, but I think I'll just look for some good gamescript for city growth and lower the income to not have millions of dollars in the bank just waiting there. Set it up so the city cannot build any roads/bridges etc. so I'll still have complete control on how big they'll grow - in the end I can always disable the city growth per city in the local authorities window if needed :)

Sometimes people fix on the idea, and not think of the possible workaround, and You are absolutely correct... pressing the button every 3 months is just me triggering the city growth and makes me hate a game a little for that...
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

This script allows you to set taxes, I don't know if there are any others.
viewtopic.php?t=74685
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Lately it happens that I change the color of the transport company, but the individual groups of vehicles ignore the new setting.
It simply doesn't update the default color, but as soon as I specify a default everywhere separately, a new one is assigned.
This will only happen with the secondary color.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Argus wrote: 14 Jan 2024 21:31 Lately it happens that I change the color of the transport company, but the individual groups of vehicles ignore the new setting.
It simply doesn't update the default color, but as soon as I specify a default everywhere separately, a new one is assigned.
This will only happen with the secondary color.
Are you using the per-vehicle engine/type colour overrides?

If you have a save which is behaving incorrectly I can take a look.

Edit: If you are not using the most recent release, upgrade to that first and re-test as this is already fixed, see: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/11614
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
kolcon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kolcon »

It's there any newgrf available yet that has the multi-cargo ships?
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

JGR wrote: 15 Jan 2024 00:20
Are you using the per-vehicle engine/type colour overrides?

If you have a save which is behaving incorrectly I can take a look.

Edit: If you are not using the most recent release, upgrade to that first and re-test as this is already fixed, see: https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/11614
Thanks, that's exactly the problem, I'll wait for the patchpack update, I'm not using vanilla.
No, I don't paint each vehicle separately, just occasionally, I usually use the same colors for the whole company.
But it is not a problem to update the colors manually and make a motley company :lol:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”