Preindustrial era houses and powerplant add-on

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Preindustrial era houses and powerplant add-on

Post by Wahazar »

This simply newgrf provide some extra functionality to existing default houses (from arctic and temperate climate): early era houses (for example these redbrick tenements with shops and offices) accept coal. Only houses with 1950 or 1960 limit are affected.
Additionally, default power plant industry is override by same, but with possibility of setting appearance date (for example 1882).
It would be interesting for those, who like XIX century based game, or for those, who like more challenging games, because coal destination vary, when old houses are replaced by modern ones.
Another purpose for this set is to bring power plants to FIRS (only full FIRS economy, not tropical FIRS, because custom powerplants are using slot 53):
firs-powerplant.png
example of coal chain for FIRS
(318.94 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
There are also some tweaks for fountain and monument placement, to avoid cluttering these object in the city centre (and dropping station goods focus as an result).

Current version is uploaded to bananas.

I didn't checked compatibility with other house sets or any AI, yet.
In case of using this add-on with ECS, power plant should be disabled (set 0 instead of date), because ECS provide own power plants with proper appearance date.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Preindustrial era houses and powerplant add-on

Post by Wahazar »

Are those: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... industries for snakebite version?
I was just wondering, how you manage to have IDs above 63.

I think slot 53 is OK for keeping compatibility with older FIRS versions, because in 1.4.4 version there is also rubber plantation under this slot (preindustrial houses set is not intended to work in tropic climate).
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

McZapkie wrote:IDs for...snakebite version?
Yes. :)

You might be able to use a newgrf local ID, I'm not sure how the IDs are allocated, but if you read the commit, it's 128 industries per newgrf, 240 total. So the industry ID in your grf might be unrelated to any FIRS industry ID, which would make the issue simpler.

http://git.openttd.org/?p=trunk.git;a=c ... 7718a0dcbe
madprof
Engineer
Engineer

Post by madprof »

Nice gif idea. I'm about to run with ecs but I've switched the stations off and switched coal dependency and acceptance on. I'm running in an edited scenario so I need to finish checking the scenario before I try to run it but I'll hopefully bring some comments back in a week or two :/

Anyway, happy new year to anyone passing through
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

When I advised about industry IDs compatible with FIRS, I didn't think about cargo IDs.

FIRS doesn't provide coal in all economies, which then causes this power station to accept nonsense cargos :)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote: FIRS doesn't provide coal in all economies, which then causes this power station to accept nonsense cargos :)
Seems, that I need to put check, if coal cargo is available.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

OK, finally I started to use new FIRS and realised what is a really problem with powerplants.
I fixed it: forced 4-literal coal acceptance for powerplant industry and industrytiles, so it now doesn't explode with FIRS3.
I didn't provided coal check switch, because powerplants can be disabled, and this grf have other useful functions even without coal (for example better placement of fountains and monuments),
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

andythenorth wrote: 17 May 2015 09:58 The snakebite edition of FIRS will make use of OpenTTD's increased industry limit (now 128 in trunk). I see no reason not to leave some IDs unassigned, 16 or so. That useful?
:shock:
Is anyone planning it, or can it be found somewhere?
MLG
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MLG »

Argus wrote: 19 Apr 2021 13:22 :shock:
You do realize age of that post? It is almost 6 years old now. Everybody's plans can change over time, so this got probably never released or even done, but it might be also the FIRS extreme economy. I would say that XIS or new AuzInd can be a good current alternative, however I did not try second one.
Are you an eye candy player? Check out Invisible engine set! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=88934
You can write to me in English, or Czech. Můžete mi psát česky nebo anglicky.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Oh, my oversight :oops: :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Argus wrote: 19 Apr 2021 13:22
andythenorth wrote: 17 May 2015 09:58 The snakebite edition of FIRS will make use of OpenTTD's increased industry limit (now 128 in trunk). I see no reason not to leave some IDs unassigned, 16 or so. That useful?
:shock:
This is now FIRS 4, IIRC.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Also there are powerplants in FIRS now, and coal demanding houses are also implemented elsewhere viewtopic.php?f=67&t=87011
so this addon is pretty obsolete.

Return to “Graphics Development”