Photos of some 'special' trains

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

edk256 wrote:Which one?
I ment the R40.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
edk256
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by edk256 »

Okay.

BTW, here is an excellent website about the NYC subway system: http://www.nycsubway.org
Lega-C
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lega-C »

Purno wrote:I like this train (I think lots of you think it's ugly), but I like this:

It's from Danmark.

Would be a big splash when you jump just for the train. :wink:
LOL last day i was driving train... i live in denmark... and we got delayed because some idiot jumped out in front of a train... not the train i was in... and i think its cool :D
Lega-C -
Lega-C
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lega-C »

sorry for double posting !

heres a train i like.... a japanese mag-lev ! :D
Lega-C -
mnorman
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by mnorman »

Wow. Is that a pair of points I see there. and does the section that is visible in that picture cost more to run than some countries rail networks (and I am not just talking about the Vatican branch.)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes to both counts. I'd be interested to see exactly how those points work. I can only come up with one good answer, involving opposing electromagnets on the opposite walls, very finely controlled.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

What's that brown dirt at the top of the first 'loc' of that Maglev? Is that Diesel smoke??? :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Purno wrote:I like this train (I think lots of you think it's ugly), but I like this:

It's from Danmark.

Would be a big splash when you jump just for the train. :wink:
Looks more like you'd bounce off, like its a big rubber dinghy
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Born Acorn wrote:Looks more like you'd bounce off, like its a big rubber dinghy
Safety comes first :wink:
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Oops, pictures don't show. European Railway Server has moved :mrgreen:

Ah well, from Norway:

Image Image

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”