I need help sorting out my Newgrf order to make it work.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

I need help sorting out my Newgrf order to make it work.

Post by Maddog45353 »

I need someone to look at my newgrf list and sort it out so its mostly compatible
P.S. I don't know if i hit the max train vehicles limited if there is a limit. wiki says "The upper limit is 65535 different vehicles for each type"
But if this isn't the case i need someone to sort my list out to fix this little bug i'm having.
Also please point out any NewGRF's that arn't compatible or are Out of date.
Attachments
Sort this list out please.png
I think i fixed it by putting the canadian train set as the last one.
(681.29 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Strange bug.png
The bug is highlighted in red rectangle shape.
Where the vehicles names are missing.
(462.19 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
LoneBlackWolf
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: I need help sorting out my Newgrf order to make it work.

Post by Transportman »

I'm not sure what is wrong with your game, but are those vehicles all from the same set? Or are multiple sets affected by this bug? Is it only the depot window, or also the train information window?

I don't know what "Depot menu fix" is doing, but I guess that it would be only intended for default vehicles (if it has an use). So I think it would be safe to leave that out. On top of that, you have several NewGRFs double in your list, with different version numbers, why?

Also, why are so many programs linked to admin privileges?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Transportman wrote:I'm not sure what is wrong with your game, but are those vehicles all from the same set? Or are multiple sets affected by this bug? Is it only the depot window, or also the train information window?
Only the bottom listed one is affected with the name bug however canadian train set appears to solved it by making it the last set in the order.
Transportman wrote:I don't know what "Depot menu fix" is doing, but I guess that it would be only intended for default vehicles (if it has an use). So I think it would be safe to leave that out. On top of that, you have several NewGRFs double in your list, with different version numbers, why?
Neither do i but i will look around what it does truly on the forums or something.
Like which ones are double? If you're talking about UKRS and EGRVTS They have different vehicles than each other.
Like for UKRS, UKRS1 has a engine that UKRS2 doesn't.
Transportman wrote:Also, why are so many programs linked to admin privileges?
What do you mean about admin privileges? I only pinned the programs i use A LOT more.
LoneBlackWolf
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

So i removed some of the old versions of NewGRF's such as EGRVTS the older one i removed the ikarus 5.3 set and kept 6.0 version also the depot menu fix does nothing and probably curious what its purpose was and what it does as of now it looks like something for a old Openttd version or the TTD/TTDPatch

EDIT:Someone clarify Depot Menu Fix.grf for me?
LoneBlackWolf
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Maddog45353 wrote:
Transportman wrote:I don't know what "Depot menu fix" is doing, but I guess that it would be only intended for default vehicles (if it has an use). So I think it would be safe to leave that out. On top of that, you have several NewGRFs double in your list, with different version numbers, why?
Neither do i but i will look around what it does truly on the forums or something.
Like which ones are double? If you're talking about UKRS and EGRVTS They have different vehicles than each other.
Like for UKRS, UKRS1 has a engine that UKRS2 doesn't.
Okay, I didn't know that.
Maddog45353 wrote:
Transportman wrote:Also, why are so many programs linked to admin privileges?
What do you mean about admin privileges? I only pinned the programs i use A LOT more.
Why do the pinned programs the admin-shield on their icons? Do they start with admin privileges or is it just some graphical error and just starts normal?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

If you want to know what the "Depot Fix" GRF does, click the "visit website" button in the content downloader :)
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Eddy Arfik wrote:If you want to know what the "Depot Fix" GRF does, click the "visit website" button in the content downloader :)
Did that and it had no information on it, Further more it appears to do nothing and there for is pointless. I do have all my NewGRF's sorted out so they have no duplicates and the name issue is gone.

EDIT: Now i just realized AI's in OpenTTD use a lot of RAM usage specifically NoCAB My RAM was top lined and was scared of a game crash so i play without ai's now. I would like to see someone precisely remake the old AI from the old version of OpenTTD
LoneBlackWolf
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddy Arfik wrote:If you want to know what the "Depot Fix" GRF does, click the "visit website" button in the content downloader :)
That's what it claims. But not exactly what it does. All what it actually does is use up one grf slot if you play with OpenTTD newer than r16867 or 1.0.0.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

planetmaker wrote:
That's what it claims. But not exactly what it does. All what it actually does is use up one grf slot if you play with OpenTTD newer than r16867 or 1.0.0.
So in the end all it does is take a grf slot up.

EDIT: The visit website is crossed off so there is no website for it.
LoneBlackWolf
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Maddog45353 wrote:The visit website is crossed off so there is no website for it.
The visit website button worked for me
planetmaker wrote:That's what it claims. But not exactly what it does. All what it actually does is use up one grf slot if you play with OpenTTD newer than r16867 or 1.0.0.
I know that, but I thought pointing out a feature of the content downloader was more useful than just copypasting from another forum :)
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Maddog45353 wrote:The visit website is crossed off so there is no website for it.
Eddy Arfik wrote:The visit website button worked for me
Weird must be the fact i downloaded it from a website or something.
planetmaker wrote:That's what it claims. But not exactly what it does. All what it actually does is use up one grf slot if you play with OpenTTD newer than r16867 or 1.0.0.
Eddy Arfik wrote:I know that, but I thought pointing out a feature of the content downloader was more useful than just copypasting from another forum :)
I didn't mean to start a argument i just wanted information on this newgrf and if it's needed at all.
LoneBlackWolf
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Maddog45353 wrote:I would like to see someone precisely remake the old AI from the old version of OpenTTD
You may want to check SimpleAI :wink:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddy Arfik wrote:
I know that, but I thought pointing out a feature of the content downloader was more useful than just copypasting from another forum :)
I've no clue what that forum says, but google translate didn't give me any indication that people there are aware of its uselessness. However the code of the NewGRF is quite clear. It does things which have no effect anymore
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Brumi wrote:
Maddog45353 wrote:I would like to see someone precisely remake the old AI from the old version of OpenTTD
You may want to check SimpleAI :wink:

It's close but what about sea transport/Ships?
planetmaker wrote:
Eddy Arfik wrote:
I've no clue what that forum says, but google translate didn't give me any indication that people there are aware of its uselessness. However the code of the NewGRF is quite clear. It does things which have no effect anymore
Oh well thats good.
LoneBlackWolf
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Maddog45353 wrote:It's close but what about sea transport/Ships?
Apart from some extremely rare (and I mean, extremely) cases, the original TT AI didn't use ships. I have never seen the old AI using ships myself, one forum member showed me a savegame of it :)
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Brumi wrote:
Maddog45353 wrote:It's close but what about sea transport/Ships?
Apart from some extremely rare (and I mean, extremely) cases, the original TT AI didn't use ships. I have never seen the old AI using ships myself, one forum member showed me a savegame of it :)

As far as NewGRF compatible and saving game compatible hows that with it?
LoneBlackWolf
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

I created a wiki page for the AI: http://wiki.openttd.org/AI:SimpleAI

It is compatibile with saving and loading, and also with the most popular NewGRFs around.

A comparision of the AIs can be found here, including the vehicles used and save/load compatibility: http://wiki.openttd.org/Comparison_of_AIs
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Well seems like adding ECS makes the name bug appear again it must be the limit to the amount of NewGRF's i have i must be over the limit somehow i don't get the warning for too many NewGRF's tho can anyone figure out why this happens i will be posting a screenshot of my grf's currently and a save game with the bug. I would post all the grf's as one file but that would break copyright and probably be improper.

Testing EDIT: So i did testing with the amount of NewGRF's and it turns out they changed their system for warning you if you have to many NewGRF's enabled I was able to get FIRS to work properly but the issue with FIRS is that US train Set doesn't have bauxite wagon cargo refit. To be honest i like the vanilla cargo's more reasons are is that BOTH FIRS and ECS Industry sets allow cargo's to be delivered to primary industry's and gets a little confusing to me example = Coal mine + Vehicles = More coal production in ECS's.
Attachments
Unnamed, 01_01_5000000.png
NewGRF List make sure you have all these with the savegame im posting.
(225.83 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
DEBUGGING.sav
You'll need my exact version of NewGRF's to load it proper. I can post my Newgrfs as a zip/rar file but might be copyright.
(69.05 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
screenshot.rar
This is a list of screenshots with all the vehicles affected with this.
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
LoneBlackWolf

Return to “General OpenTTD”