OpenTTD 1.4.0

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 1.4.0

Post by frosch »

Today is 1/4/14, and after 1+4 betas and 1 release candidate, we reach the 1st stable release of the 1.4 series...
ok, I missed some 4s and the "1+4" may have been too much of a stretch; but what does that matter if you get OpenTTD 1.4.0 ?!

Thanks to those who helped testing, you can find the new stable release on our download page.

Enjoy building stuff!
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenTTD 1.4.0

Post by FLHerne »

Stable CargoDistribution! All hail the devs! :bow:

Oh, and the SSE blitters and NewGRF/goal/AI tweaks and bigger maps and so on...
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

FLHerne wrote:Stable CargoDistribution! All hail the devs! :bow:

Oh, and the SSE blitters and NewGRF/goal/AI tweaks and bigger maps and so on...
And some basic timetable separation.

A great new version, with lots of new features.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Thank you all! At least cargodist in official stable version. Tomorrow I will compile it and put on my experimental server.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

McZapkie wrote:Thank you all! At least cargodist in official stable version. Tomorrow I will compile it and put on my experimental server.
Why compile it yourself if you can just grab the official build from the website?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
beeurd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by beeurd »

Hurrah! Been playing the betas and not had any issues with them, good to see the stable release out now. :)
Long time TT addict, long time forum lurker.
Oh, and I run a Star Wars fan site.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Does downloading this automatically change settings in games or do you have a choice in activating new featurea?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Does downloading this automatically change settings in games or do you have a choice in activating new featurea?
Existing savegames are not affected as all settings which affect gameplay are saved inside them. Those settings which did not exist in the version a game was saved with, are set to a value which will leave the existing gameplay unchanged.

The settings for new savegames can be configured prior to map creation in the adv. settings as accessible from the main menu.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

planetmaker wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:Does downloading this automatically change settings in games or do you have a choice in activating new features?
Existing savegames are not affected as all settings which affect gameplay are saved inside them. Those settings which did not exist in the version a game was saved with, are set to a value which will leave the existing gameplay unchanged.

The settings for new savegames can be configured prior to map creation in the adv. settings as accessible from the main menu.
When you load a game saved from an older version,play it with a new version,and save again,are the new features ported into the new save?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

If you load an old game in 1.4.0 it will for example have cargodist disabled. However, you can open the Advanced settings window and enable it.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Zuu wrote:If you load an old game in 1.4.0 it will for example have cargodist disabled. However, you can open the Advanced settings window and enable it.
OK.
This would for example affect Train 6 in the attached Wardwood game.It was built in 1936 as a passenger shuttle between two close cities,and extended in 1942 to the larger,further city of Slefingpool.I attached an order to go to Slefingpool after the order to go to Kentfield,at the opposite end,but there's an "implicit order" to stop at the station in between because I didn't make it non-stop.I therefore replace all passengers in the middle (generally with a smaller number than get off even though the intervening city is larger than Kentfield and both stations have similar along-the-edge locations).Making the Slefingpool order non-stop would force all Kentfield passengers to take the long trip,while Cargodist would I gather divide them between the two stops if it did not go non-stop?
How does it allocate them?
Attachments
WardwoodWesternRailway,7thOct1943.sav
(3.6 MiB) Downloaded 83 times
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Instead of writing up something, I would suggest reading the Cargodist wiki article if you haven't done that already. I will hopefully give you insights in what CargoDist does. (I haven't read the full article myself, but it seems to have been updated recently and cover what CargoDist is)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Transportman wrote:And some basic timetable separation.
I consider that one an anti-feature - it's barely an improvement on the previous situation, while allowing an 'already done' argument against the several real timetable-separators that have existed for years.
Also one more thing that might need savegame-compatibility in future solutions, although since it only sets start-dates perhaps that's ok.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

FLHerne wrote:
Transportman wrote:And some basic timetable separation.
I consider that one an anti-feature - it's barely an improvement on the previous situation, while allowing an 'already done' argument against the several real timetable-separators that have existed for years.
Also one more thing that might need savegame-compatibility in future solutions, although since it only sets start-dates perhaps that's ok.
Maybe that depends on play-style. For me it is a feature, especially for large groups it is easy to separate them properly, but I can imagine it is not the direction all people want to go. Savegame compatibility will not be an issue with this feature, as the save is the same as if someone sets those dates manually.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Can I disable that ? My networks are as horrible as possible :mrgreen:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Transportman wrote:Why compile it yourself if you can just grab the official build from the website?
It is not working on my Novell SUSE: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0
It is not compiling either -
In constructor FreeTypeFontCache::FreeTypeFontCache(FontSize, FT_FaceRec_*, int): FT_Select_Size was not declared in this scope
probably same reason.
SDL-devel was installed, and 1.3.3 version works and compile without problems.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

... Outdated libs ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
gpsoft
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gpsoft »

Hi,
I see there is a stable version out. Unfortunately it has the same problem with a missing sprites. So the error message says:
The currently used base graphics set is missing a number of sprites. Please update the base graphics set.

I did also a complete uninstall of older version, including deleting the folder in C:\Program Files, and in C:\Users\user\Documents\OpenTTD. Still is the same problem.
My computer is running on Windows 8.1 (64 bit).
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

kamnet wrote:Update your version of OpenGFX.
Presumably the latest nighty instead of the latest stable OpenGFX?

Return to “General OpenTTD”