Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Dave

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2

Post by Dave »

PikkaBird wrote:Your railway crossings must be very nicely made. In my experience, one slows down for railway crossings because they're very bumpy to drive over. :)
Depends where you are. In the UK you'd probably be able to drive at a fairly constant speed over the better constructed crossing on major roads. Minor crossings (which of course HGVs never cross :lol:) are a bit different.

Interesting insight into AI on your part though, thanks.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno got me hooked too.
Attachments
ets2_00002.png
(469.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00001.png
(336.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ets2_00000.png
(494.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

HYRO ... NYMUS

lol :P

But ehm... seems you got light bar installed but no lights on it? :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:HYRO ... NYMUS

lol :P

But ehm... seems you got light bar installed but no lights on it? :P
Yeah, I tried but somehow I can't make them stick. Considering a better DAF though so I might as well leave it as is.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote: Yeah, I tried but somehow I can't make them stick. Considering a better DAF though so I might as well leave it as is.
Upgrading your DAF gives you the same result as buying a new one, but may end up cheaper because you're not replacing everything. (Buying a new truck means you need a new chassis and cab too, even if it's just the engine which has improved). Unless you plan to give your old truck to one of your employees, I guess :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dave

Post by Dave »

I was gonna go for

DAVE --- ME b****

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Screenshot or it didn't happen :P
Image Image
Dave

Post by Dave »

I didn't do it but was mainly thinking of this haha:

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

And there I was hoping for a screenshot of your Davetruck. :(
Image Image
Dave

Post by Dave »

I've not played long enough to get my own truck yet.

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You can take a loan quite quickly, enough to buy a simple truck. All it needs is level 2, if I remember correctly.
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Mah first PikkaTruck, bought at level 10. Haven't driven it yet, scared to scratch the paint.

It's pretty much the stock entry-level Scania in green, with the addition of the side panels, a 400hp engine and retarder. I haven't covered it with lights and airhorns because I'm boring like that. :roll:

Edit: also, if anyone's interested: The control setup I've ended up with, after a lot of trial and error. "Accelerator" and "Gear up" are on the lower, larger shoulder buttons.
Attachments
ets2_00001.jpg
ets2_00001.jpg (246.58 KiB) Viewed 826 times
This is not the control pad I have, but it has the same button layout.
This is not the control pad I have, but it has the same button layout.
badpad.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Got my truck at level 1 with a loan - but it's good because that adds about 5 thou to most jobs, so the 3.5k daily loan repayment isn't too bad.

I enjoyed my first run but I've lost the plot in France haha.

Flickr

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Highly annoying, the website has the game for £24.99, Amazon for £14.99. Website allows instant playing, amazon not so. Goddamn.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I've not proceeded beyond the demo haha.

Flickr

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Dave W wrote:Got my truck at level 1 with a loan - but it's good because that adds about 5 thou to most jobs, so the 3.5k daily loan repayment isn't too bad.
Unless you bump into other cars. Truck repairs aren't cheap :P
I enjoyed my first run but I've lost the plot in France haha.
Too many toll gates :P
For long distance hauls, Germany is way more relaxed :P

Btw, for anyone's information, you're able to directly "teleport" to any of your garages, so you may enjoy having some garages spread all around Europe. Teleporting only costs in-game time (which means driver income and loan repayments continue :mrgreen: )
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Dave W wrote:I enjoyed my first run but I've lost the plot in France haha.
I've been mainly sticking to the UK, although now I have my own RHD truck I may venture onto the continent more. Driving on the right in a UK truck is no problem, I just have to remember which side of the road to turn into, but I have trouble with lane positioning in a LHD.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

No problem driving on the right at all. Feels natural :mrgreen:

Driving in the UK goes pretty well, though it takes a few minutes to get used to. (So I'm not crossing the channel too often :P ). Only on motorway crossings (no clue how they're called in English) I need to remember to stick to the correct lane. I'm used to the left lane going straight ahead, while in the UK it's the right lane :P

But well, I'm kinda cheating with the HUD mirrors on (F2), as you can see on my screenshots :P
Image Image
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Eh, the HUD mirror isn't cheating. When you're driving a heavy vehicle you use the mirrors all the time, for positioning and turning as well as situational awareness. IMO being able to glance at the near side mirror is essential, which I suppose is why it's there by default. :)

One thing I definitely miss in this game is a key to lean forward and look around the near side pillar for oncoming traffic, in the same way your view moves forward when you turn to look on the off side. There are a lot of blind spots in these trucks!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

PikkaBird wrote:Eh, the HUD mirror isn't cheating. When you're driving a heavy vehicle you use the mirrors all the time, for positioning and turning as well as situational awareness. IMO being able to glance at the near side mirror is essential, which I suppose is why it's there by default. :)
Yeah, but IRL you'd need to move your head :P
One thing I definitely miss in this game is a key to lean forward and look around the near side pillar for oncoming traffic, in the same way your view moves forward when you turn to look on the off side. There are a lot of blind spots in these trucks!
No clue what you mean. Could you show me what you want to see, but can't?

EDIT: Also, for anyone curious; my full library of ETS2 screenshots; http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=269506
Including my extremly dangerous crash with a Magnesium tank :mrgreen:
Image Image

Return to “Off-Topic”