Moderator: Locomotion Moderators
After a years of building of Croydon City rail network, finally in 1920 it's first line, a red one, is opened for service. Red Line begining is located in area not shown on the map, the first station on the map is Honeyworth. Red Line has two terminus stations, Broadwell and Butterfield. Here is the first train leaving the Honeyworth station. This is the Bankstoke Junction where Red Line splits. Currently, only Broadwell is opened for service.
Im waiting for 50s, when BR pack trains will be useable. Then the real game will start.
I choose way to much BR pack trains, rolling stock and UK buses, so I don't have even possibility to use steam engine.Maybe one day I will create map dedicated to steams locomotives.useagull wrote:It will be nice to see how you get on, the BR set is good but like you say doesn't kick in until the 50s thats why i like to cover it with the UK steam set, keep posting! One thing i did want to ask is using double signals (with lower and upper quandrant) help? are they any different to the normal signals?
About signals I have no idea. They just looks better than single signals. I guess it's the same difference that's between 4-aspect colour light signals and 2-aspects ones.
Getting back to the map, I've finish 2nd branch of Red Line and trains are already reaching Butterfield. Here are two screens presenting it. Trains are also going to Parkbourne from St. Matthew's. However route still needs polishing i.e. stations buildings, passing loops. Line is not electified. Continuation in next post.
- Express about to pass Drizzlehill unfinished station.PNG
- Train just left boarder station in Brokenhead and is heading to St. Matthew's via Croydon Central.
- (496.6 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
- Express leaving and local arriving at St. Matthew's Park station.PNG
- (417.6 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
- Express from St. Matthew's Park and local from Broadhill at Martinburg Junction.PNG
- Martinburg Junction. Central hub of the rail network. Most of trains will use it.
- (458.12 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Thought i would add a couple of my own, keep the thread going as well
Blue Line 1 via Dinfield has been opened for service. Right after stopping at London Street Station it turns west and leaves mainline. Trains terminate at Broadhill. Blue line 2 is still under construction. Trains of BL2 will go through Croydon Central and Frogham.
- BL1 train leaving London Street.PNG
- One of four mainline station
- (446.97 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- Train at Dinfield station.PNG
- Minor Blue Line station
- (461.56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- Terminus station in Broadhill for Blue Line trains.PNG
- (469.32 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
A few more screenies from my own...
Here are some from my game.
There has been 2 major changes to the network. First one is rebuilding mainline. Added like 4 or 5 tracks to avoid jamming in future, when traffic will be much heavier. In the first screen you can see it. Now it has 8 to 10 tracks instead of 4. Secondly I decided that such a big city needs underground, so the first line is already running, what can be seen in the 2nd and 3rd screen.
- Local Express to Parkbourne passing closed station.PNG
- (413.56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- first underground line.PNG
- (538.45 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- underground in Frostburg.PNG
- (306.11 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
useagull - some of your station and junction pointwork is hideous to look at, it really is a mess. Candle Junction is a perfect example. Surely it needn't be so messy? Sort this out and you'll really be on to something.
dedmicz - A lot of track and no trains. Building extra capacity when you've barely any trains on the current lines is a bit boring to look at. Show us more trains and you will also be on to the winning formula.
I am welcome to suggestions on how to approach a large station accessing all platforms?
anyway soon more screenies (with more ugly approach layouts)
- (628.56 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- Busy Scene at Fort Oldfield Junction.jpg
- (605.74 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
- A4 Passing New Fillingworth on the avoiding lines.jpg
- (615.06 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Simplest would be to let the block section be slightly bigger, you seem to cram all the pointwork into the smallest possible space.useagull wrote:I am welcome to suggestions on how to approach a large station accessing all platforms?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests