Artists needed: textures

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Artists needed: textures

Post by Arathorn »

I could have posted this in the graphics thread, but I have the idea only very few people read that one, so I've made a seperate thread instead.

The problem is, I like making 3d models, buth I'm a b**** at more traditional art, meaning that I can't make textures looking even faintly the way they should. Could someone help me with texturing?
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

It seems time stopped in this forum, by the topic date.

Well in case you are still here, I recommend you to get Corel Photo-Paint 10 or 11. It is specially easy to create textures, and it includes tons of them already.

I know most ppl prefers Paint Shop Pro, but that is simply a terribly lame image editor. It's lack of features and poor interface make it miserable compared to Corel.

Now if you must pay for it, that's something I definitely never consider when adquiring new software. I don't.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Paying? Well, I'll get my hands on Corel Photo-Paint 11, nice for my collection, I already have Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop and the GIMP.
The point however is that I don't only need textures for materials but also for parts of the train like grills, and the most horrible of all the wheel-block, so help is still appreciated, and a little more attention to the graphical part of this game wouldn't hurt either, unless be go for a text based transporting game.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I installed Corel tonight, I don't have the time to use it now, but it looks good... I remember back in the days when there was Paint and Corel.
Psicho
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Psicho »

Go on http://www.conitecserver.com and check out the forums of 3D Game Studio, there you can find a lot of people working on 3D projects and many good graphics & tut!
greetz,
Rasael
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

can you post examples of textures that need improvement (if any)

I have no clue how to make textures, but given one I could probably improve it ;)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

You can download lots of textures at http://www.grsites.com :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

That's nice, but I'll also need specific textures, espescially when making the trains low-poly.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

How detailed must these textures be?

What quality?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”