TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - May Voting

Post by STD »

Purno wrote:This poll is quite exciting. Didn't expect much of my shot, but apparently people like it.
All done in a simple but beautiful :) . Perhaps realistic. I think so.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
EXTspotter
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EXTspotter »

I really liked Purno's shot. I thought it was a really cool use of the desert landscape and was a good depicition of a maybe run-down rural settlement in the landscape.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

I'm just going to mention how much I liked Quast's shot. It seems to be unfairly overlooked in the poll, and although I didn't vote for it, I still think it's fantastically inventive.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Pingaware wrote:I'm just going to mention how much I liked Quast's shot. It seems to be unfairly overlooked in the poll, and although I didn't vote for it, I still think it's fantastically inventive.
I actually had to take a second look to notice it was a military air base. :oops:

On the first look, the massive size put me off, as well as having all runways in the same direction. :tongue:

Plus, there were other shots I liked more. Can only vote for one, after all :P

But the poll results are surprising. I didn't expect to gather this many votes. Now that there seems to be a decent chance of me winning this, I'll have to think about a theme. I've got one in mind, but suggestions are always welcome. And obviously, there's also a decent chance of me not winning this :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Purno wrote:ISA's shot is nice too, but I don't think the airport really has the focus here (also, that house on the end of the runway...).
Then what is? The story should clear up much what I was trying to say/achive! About the house, I dont see problem too (if You refer to real life situation), I only demolish skyscrapers if they start to appear next to the airports.

And You got my vote!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ISA wrote:
Purno wrote:ISA's shot is nice too, but I don't think the airport really has the focus here (also, that house on the end of the runway...).
Then what is?
The bay, the boats, the city on the shore and the bridge.
The story should clear up much what I was trying to say/achive!
I gotta admit I didn't read the story :oops:
About the house, I dont see problem too (if You refer to real life situation), I only demolish skyscrapers if they start to appear next to the airports.
Pretty sure I wouldn't want to live there. Aside from the noise of airplanes, it looks terribly dangerous. :P
And You got my vote!
Thanks. Gotta admit it was tough choosing, and your shot was certainly one of my favourites due to it's small scale and lovely details. :)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, it's not like the closest house to your airport is in a particularly noiseless zone straight across the street, especially factoring in that there's plenty of space to build somewhere else available ;)

Personally my conclusion from this months theme is that airports haven't yet quite reached the same level as trains (well, how surprising...). Just my personal opinion and no offense to anyone, but I think this might've been the weakest month so far :oops:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Indeed, screenshot Purno was the best this month. Think its a screenshot can be considered the winner :) .
It will be interesting to know the next topic.
I hope that in the future there will be more players participate. This month is not enough somehow :wink: .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Pyoro wrote:Personally my conclusion from this months theme is that airports haven't yet quite reached the same level as trains (well, how surprising...). Just my personal opinion and no offense to anyone, but I think this might've been the weakest month so far :oops:
TBH I've never been a fan of themes that restrict people to a certain transportation method (trains,planes,etc), time period or climate/landscape. :P Hence I once used the theme "congestion" which IMO was still giving people a lot of freedom :P

In case I win this month, I have a similar theme in mind. But, I'm always open to suggestions. :P
Image Image
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Could we have June, July or August contest themed as "Summer"?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Katve wrote:Could we have June, July or August contest themed as "Summer"?
If You look most of my shots, it would be difficult for me! :mrgreen:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote: In case I win this month, I have a similar theme in mind. But, I'm always open to suggestions. :P
Well, that is open to suggestions. :) .
Very good topic :) . You can create such: rest in resort areas, places for recreation(parks, squares) and others. OpenTTD can do it.
It is interesting to know the opinion of Purno.
ISA wrote:
If You look most of my shots, it would be difficult for me! :mrgreen:
You play in a subarctic climate :mrgreen: .
Really looking forward to that will come up with similar with the theme of "Congestion" Purno.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I didn't win yet. My opinion isn't that interesting. :P
STD wrote:It is interesting to know the opinion of Purno.
TBH I think it's a rather boring theme, which mainly focuses on Temperate or Tropical climate (though in theory any climate is possible) and on passenger transport (though in theory industry/cargo is possible too). :P
STD wrote:Really looking forward to that will come up with similar with the theme of "Congestion" Purno.
Well, it's similar in a way it doesn't limit players to a means of transportation, climate, time period or passenger/cargo. Not sure it's similar to "Congestion" :P
Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote:
TBH I think it's a rather boring theme, which mainly focuses on Temperate or Tropical climate (though in theory any climate is possible) and on passenger transport (though in theory industry/cargo is possible too). :P
I have a few theme :P .
- For example, bus terminal. This theme is not taken yet. Not just the usual stops, and places from which buses depart in different directions of the city.
- Ports. Reception of various resources.
- Realistic railway station: station built similarly to those in the world. Not exactly right, and how can in OpenTTD :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

STD wrote:
Purno wrote:
I have a few theme :P .
- For example, bus terminal. This theme is not taken yet. Not just the usual stops, and places from which buses depart in different directions of the city.
- Ports. Reception of various resources.
- Realistic railway station: station built similarly to those in the world. Not exactly right, and how can in OpenTTD :P
Yeah, and that's exactly the type of themes I don't want to use;

"Bus terminal" obviously focuses on road vehicles. Also, it pretty much excludes freight transport.
"Ports" focuses on ships.
"Realistic railway station" focuses on trains, and isn't anything in the shot supposed to be realistic? :P

Anyways, looking in the poll results, ISA catched up quite a bit. So who knows, he may win, and he may pick any theme. :P
Image Image
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote: "Realistic railway station" focuses on trains, and isn't anything in the shot supposed to be realistic? :P
View of the railway station. Make it look like a bit on the railway station of any city in the world. I think so :P .
Purno wrote:
Anyways, looking in the poll results, ISA catched up quite a bit. So who knows, he may win, and he may pick any theme. :P
Yes. ISA almost caught up with you. Agrees that in case of victory he will choose their own theme :P .
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Purno wrote:"Realistic railway station"
Would be an awesome choice IMO :wink:
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

jvassie wrote:
Purno wrote:"Realistic railway station"
Would be an awesome choice IMO :wink:
Could be me, but I see realistic railway stations in every topic. Even on the theme of airports, many people still like to add a few trains, and everybody makes their shots as realistic as they can, including the railway station.

So, I'm not a fan of the "Realistic railway station" theme. Also, I don't like themes which focus on one specific means of transportation :P

I got a better one in mind, a more flexible one, one which can be rendered in different ways. All I gotta do is to win this competition :mrgreen:
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm not on the lead anymore. You officially catched up on me now.

Now I didn't expect to win when I entered the competition, but when I lead the poll with 3 votes ahead of #2, I kinda got the winner-spirit in me. Kinda sucks to be loosing now. :mrgreen:

Might end in a tie too. :P
Image Image

Return to “Screenshots”