Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:53 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:53 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
Ladies and gentlemen,

after almost a year of very active development, with great pleasure I dare to announce that the very first official playable version of

NUTS Unrealistic Train Set belongs amongst fruit food from now on.

I will not make this thread too much longer as all the desirable info is in the readme file which comes with the newGRF.

I wish happy playing to all those who try this train set and hope you will be as entertained as I am.

V453000

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:05 pm
Posts: 5439
Location: Canada
V453000 :) wrote:
... is in the readme file which comes with the newGRF ...
... and the newGRF is available from [enter link or location here]. :wink:

_________________
wallyweb on tt-forums: Screenshots - Projects - Releases
wallyweb on Simuscape: Projects - Releases
Other Stuff: TTDPatch 2.6 "Nightly" download - cirdan's OpenTTD branch (New Map Features)
Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2015 - Tied May 2016 - January 2018 - December 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 616
Location: Lancs, England
I'm guessing "fruit food" means BaNaNaS.

But yes, some more information would be excellent. People generally like to know what they are downloading before they download it. :wink: Screenshots?

_________________
My projects: New Town Names | Snow Aware Arctic Buildings | Custom Buildings | Funny Cars | Mini GRFs | Bits & Bobs
Contributions: BK Enhanced Tunnel Set | Fix TTD GRF Bugs | INFRA Foundations | OpenGFX | OpenGFX+ Airports
Other stuff: The GRFs That Time Forgot! | Buildings in Glasgow

What's that in my avatar? It's the Brighton & Rottingdean Seashore Electric Railway - bonkers Victorian engineering!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:27 pm
Posts: 588
Location: Berlin, Germany
PaulC wrote:
People generally like to know what they are downloading before they download it. :wink: Screenshots?

The Bananas download counts and player questions like "I loaded 123456 GRFs and now I have strange vehicles, what to do?" indicate the opposite :p


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 2387
Location: In an alternate Universe
Its not compatible with 1.1.5!!!!
does that mean that i have to update to 1.2.0 (i think its RC4)

_________________
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:24 pm
Posts: 1655
Location: Idaho, USA
Jacko wrote:
Its not compatible with 1.1.5!
does that mean that i have to update to 1.2.0 (i think its RC4)

Have you even tried it with 1.2.0 (RC*)?

_________________
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
Ooh, sorry, forgot to mention that. It works in RC4, or of course trunk. Bananas unfortunately does not allow to select 1.2.0 to be minimal requirement yet

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:20 pm 
Offline
Tycoon
Tycoon
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 2387
Location: In an alternate Universe
There are a lot of engines, nicely done!
im gueesing the Nyan Cat train hasnt been added yet!

_________________
"O2 is for noobs, real people breath O3" ~ said sometime by Me

All comments from me may or may not be true and do not take them word-for-word

Feel Free to join me and some other people in The Nations Game - its actually quite fun.

1000th Post at Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 am
2000th post at Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 am


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:22 am
Posts: 261
Location: Bucharest
:lol: Very amuzing and also very amazing

congratulations :wink:


Attachments:
nuts.png [65.66 KiB]
Downloaded 3 times

_________________
ImageImage
Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
It is there, but last engines come in 2080 ;)
0.0.1 had a bug where most vehicles came before 2030 (the png above) and all of post-2030 vehicles came in 2060+. 0.0.2 fixes that so all vehicles come in appropriate dates now, since 1920 until 2080

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 703
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... 15 years and counting!
Nice set, but what is the Logic Engine for?

It shows up always, since well year 0 :O


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
Digitalfox wrote:
Nice set, but what is the Logic Engine for?

It shows up always, since well year 0 :O


As the readme says, the logic train is for special logic gates which require high speed trains to respond as quickly as possible in some important cases.

You can find more about such things on the openttdcoop site, for example:

http://blog.openttdcoop.org/2009/01/18/ ... s-part-ii/

http://wiki.openttdcoop.org/Junctionary ... _and_Other

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 703
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... 15 years and counting!
V453000 :) wrote:
Digitalfox wrote:
Nice set, but what is the Logic Engine for?

It shows up always, since well year 0 :O


As the readme says, the logic train is for special logic gates which require high speed trains to respond as quickly as possible in some important cases.

You can find more about such things on the openttdcoop site, for example:

http://blog.openttdcoop.org/2009/01/18/ ... s-part-ii/

http://wiki.openttdcoop.org/Junctionary ... _and_Other


Can't there be a parameter do disable it? :mrgreen:


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:38 am 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
Digitalfox wrote:
V453000 :) wrote:
Digitalfox wrote:
Nice set, but what is the Logic Engine for?

Can't there be a parameter do disable it? :mrgreen:


I don't quite see the reason to do that, you cannot haul wagons with it anyway

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 703
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... 15 years and counting!
V453000 :) wrote:
I don't quite see the reason to do that, you cannot haul wagons with it anyway


Yeah, but when you start a new game in 1850, having already monorail and maglev's spoils the game a bit :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:56 am 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
How come when you cannot do anything with it other than just build tracks without actual trains? Or without trains which could actually transport something...

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 pm 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 703
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... 15 years and counting!
I understand what you're trying to defend, but maybe is just me, but I like to see the game advancing and new things becoming available, and not having them always available.

You can say that, that while maglev's tracks are available you can't build any train that uses them.

But to me, and maybe it's just me, I prefer tracks to be available when they make sense, meaning you have trains to use with them...


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:05 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
I see your point, but I for example like to have tracks available so I can do other stuff with them, sometimes you do not want tracks to be accessible or something else.

I will consider the parameter later, I do not intend to do parameter settings anytime soon. Thanks for feedback anyway!

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 pm 
Offline
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:42 am
Posts: 703
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... 15 years and counting!
V453000 :) wrote:
I see your point, but I for example like to have tracks available so I can do other stuff with them, sometimes you do not want tracks to be accessible or something else.

I will consider the parameter later, I do not intend to do parameter settings anytime soon. Thanks for feedback anyway!


Please don't take my feedback as negative one, I think your set has a lot of potential and quite honestly I want to use it my games :)

It's just a matter of taste ;)

Just one more thing, I don't know if the cargo values of your wagons are final, but may I suggest a increase on the overall capacity of them? 10 units or 20 seems a bit low :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:26 pm 
Offline
President
President
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am
Posts: 910
Location: Beer
I love and appreciate any feedback ;)

The wagons have higher capacities, just the purchase menu is wrong. It is wrong in many other cases as well.. for now.

(will be fixed in next relese, as well as some alignments of intercity trains)

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000-2019 phpBB Limited

Copyright © Owen Rudge/The Transport Tycoon Forums 2001-2019.
Hosted by Zernebok Hosting.