[OTTD] TIAS (Toei Inter-connecting Add-on Set)

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

[OTTD] TIAS (Toei Inter-connecting Add-on Set)

Post by Toni Babelony »

Logo01.png
Logo01.png (20.16 KiB) Viewed 19845 times
Hello all,

The public alpha has just been released! All optimised and ready to go! Get it now from BaNaNas or download it from this post. Source is also available from here.

Things are looking fine with TIAS at the moment! I've made some drastic changes that will break compatibility with 1.6-alpha. Some of these changes have improved gameplay, but will make your purchase menu a bit overcrowded at some point. However, it shouldn't be too much of a big deal, right? It's just what you get with +100 trains -I think there are about 122- packed in one set.

TIAS will also now be playable as a standalone set and has now its running/purchase costs and capacity parameters separated (read: they are now manually adjustable), so you can now tune TIAS according to your own needs. No need for the Japan Set any more, but it's still highly recommended to do so!

With this release, TIAS is getting closer and closer to a full-on release, out of the alpha stage. The only thing that is needed is the fine-tuning of the purchase/running costs and re-introduction of the reliability factors.

So, enjoy the latest release of TIAS, TIAS 1.7-alpha!

Cheers!

Toni

TIAS Updates

1.7-alpha (current release)
/ Update: added realism to express/commuter classes with cargo_age_period designations. Now express trains have more effect on running times.
/ Update: removed retire_early dependency for longer availability and to improve gameplay.
/ Update: updated the readme.txt file and renamed the updatelog.txt file to changelog.txt.
/ Fix: made all reliability as default. Trains were getting old too fast. May be adjusted in a later release...
/ Fix: removed excessive '{' in KQ2100 string.
/ Fix: KQ1000_1 2-car string was presenting wrong values.
/ Fix: KS3700 6-car string was presenting wrong values.

1.6-alpha
/ Fix: simplified running costs

1.5-alpha
/ Update: added more sound effects.
/ Update: replaced Horn03 and all starting sounds with less annoying ones.
/ Update: removed a few graphical bugs.
/ Update: adjusted running costs to more feasible ones.

1.0-alpha
/ First public release!
/ Update: added TTD check.
/ Update: added JapanSet3: Trains & Tracks dependencies error message.
/ Update: added JapanSet3: Trains parameter notice.

/ Update: renamed from 0.1.x to 0.x
/ Update: added special purchase sprites with logo (company mark from uniform) to the set.
/ Added: KQ600, KQ700, KQ300, KQ400, KQ500 2/4-doors, KQ800, KQ2100, KQ1, KQ26, KQ29, KQ51, KQDE1, KQ2000 2/3-doors and KQ1000-1 6-car type (set completed!)
/ Fix: Made 3 and 6 car (real) KQ trains to 4 and 8 cars long (code) for overall compatibility.
/ Fix: Group trains' ID positions for 1st parameter 3rd setting usability.
/ Fix: Adjusted values in language file, plus pricing fixes.

/ Update: KQ1000_1: added original and added aircon2 version at random.
/ Fix: KEIKYU GROUP blocks further defined.

/ Fix: KS700/2200 Type 4-car: changed introduction date and added random_switch for stainless steel cars.
/ Update: KS3150 Type 4-car: added the option to add 3100 Type 2-car units to recreate the 3190 Type KAIUN units.
/ Fix: KS33 Type: lowered capacity.
/ Fix: better retire_early dates for early KS types.
/ Update: added 3rd STR_PARAM_COMPANY_BOTH setting for multiplayer.

/ Update: further defined KEIKYU GROUP blocks for future use.

/ Fix: cleared bug in KQ1000_2_8 random_switch consists.

/ Fix: better retire_early dates for longer life of trains.

/ Update: pricing update (more competitive with Japan Set).

/ First testing release! =)
Attachments
tias1.7-alpha.zip
TIAS 1.7-alpha
(592.75 KiB) Downloaded 1246 times
tias1.7-alpha_source.zip
TIAS 1.7-alpha source
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 657 times
Last edited by Toni Babelony on 29 Apr 2012 11:08, edited 5 times in total.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] TIAS 1.0-alpha (Japan Set add-on)

Post by Purno »

Nice, good to see this released :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] TIAS 1.1-alpha (Japan Set add-on)

Post by oberhümer »

Where's the source code, though?
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

oberhümer wrote:Where's the source code, though?
I'll include a pack of sauce in the next release, which should only take about a day or so. By the way, do I also need to include all the sprites with that?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Toni Babelony wrote:By the way, do I also need to include all the sprites with that?
You chose GPL, right? Then you need to include everything.
Maybe consider hosting the source at the devzone. Most GPL'ed NewGRF projects are there.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

FooBar wrote:
Toni Babelony wrote:By the way, do I also need to include all the sprites with that?
You chose GPL, right? Then you need to include everything.
Maybe consider hosting the source at the devzone. Most GPL'ed NewGRF projects are there.
Technically, no, he doesn't have to include everything. Under GPL, he only has to provide it when asked. He could choose to hand out the source code individually rather than make it available as an immediate download.
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

kamnet wrote:Under GPL, he only has to provide it when asked.
That's wrong, actually. Section 3 of the GPLv2 license text states that you either have to "Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code [...]" (paragraph a) or "Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years [AN: So no disappearing before that!], to give any third party, [...] a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code [...]" (paragraph b).

Please note that there is no option c that reads like "wait till somebody asks". So each time you distribute a GPL'ed binary you have to either provide the sources up-front (or at least link to a place from where you can download the sources without too much hassle, GPLv3 elaborates a bit more on that) or provide explicit instructions how and where to ask to get the source (included in the distributed files, e.g. in readme.txt, or directly on the download page).

In practice, a link "here be the source" is all you have to do (which for Bananas should also be in the supplied readme.txt, which can now be easily viewed with OTTD 1.2, thus fulfilling the 'written offer' variant).

-- Michael Lutz
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

So then, I wasn't wrong, he can still request that people ask for it, it just has to explicitly state that up-front.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Naw, I'll just provide the source code and the sprites. I think it'll be handy for people who want to learn NML and/or spriting could maybe learn something from it. No big deal.

I'll eventually upload everything in the first post of this thread and have the release post (in the Japan Set thread) refer to this thread as the place to get hold of the Sauce du TIAS. Seems good enough to me, right?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Toni Babelony wrote:I'll eventually upload everything in the first post of this thread and have the release post (in the Japan Set thread) refer to this thread as the place to get hold of the Sauce du TIAS. Seems good enough to me, right?
Yup. Sounds good :)

You might consider version control at some point - for your own benefit + others ;)
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Version control sounds good. However, TIAS would only be adjusted to match JapanSet releases after it gets out of the alpha stage, so I don't see much use to that in the end.

However, if OpenTTD starts to change a lot of stuff internally (getting rid of random introduction/ending dates for vehicle IDs, adding more sound options, etc.), then I might upload TIAS to a maybe a GIT or best: an openttdcoop.org. I'd like to open up a sub-project list on private railways under the Japanese Trains on the openttdcoop devzone eventually (but that's not really needed at this point).

EDIT: the new version of TIAS (TIAS 1.2-alpha) has been released: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 20#p998733 This should contain all the fixes and should be well balanced against Japan Set 2.1 Trains. Have fun!
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

The "GNL v2+" you refer to there doesn't exist, and the link is to the LGPL, not the GPL.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

You could also join dandan on devzone: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/jpset
bwong
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] TIAS 1.5-alpha (Japan Set add-on)

Post by bwong »

Whats the minimum supported version?
Check out some of my work
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] TIAS 1.5-alpha (Japan Set add-on)

Post by Toni Babelony »

It's r22723, well before the latest Chill's Patch Pack release unfortunately. Some things in TIAS aren't supported by Chill's Patch Pack, though it is intended to be used with Cargodist (wich is just sheer awesomeness) and Shared Infrastructure (I understand the reasons why this isn't being developed any more, but still)... Maybe someone else can do such a pack sometime in the future. Compromises, compromises... :?
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] TIAS (Toei Inter-connecting Add-on Set)

Post by Pyoro »

Bit of a shame it only works with the JapanSet (makes sense though), but since the set is just that great DB has decided to license Japanese trains and metros for my current game. ;)
Great job, finally enough capacity to handle whatever amount of passengers something generates :)
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Much obliged!

I have several of these sets planned in the future that will run on narrow-gauge tracks as well, so stay tuned. ;)
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Ah what a shame it's not working with the latest Chill patchpack... - the only two patches I really need are Cargodist and the automatic timetable separation..

If I had more time, I'd attempt to patch the two together but it's been years since I've patched anything and forgotten how to do it.

Edit: This looks promising! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=59374
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Hello all,

Things are looking fine with TIAS! I've made some drastic changes that will break compatibility with 1.6-alpha. Some of these changes have improved gameplay, but will make your purchase menu a bit overcrowded at some point. However, it shouldn't be too much of a big deal, right? It's just what you get with +100 trains -I think there are about 122- packed in one set.

TIAS will also now be playable as a standalone set and has now its running/purchase costs and capacity parameters separated (read: they are now manually adjustable), so you can now tune TIAS according to your own needs. No need for the Japan Set any more, but it's still highly recommended to do so!

With this release, TIAS is getting closer and closer to a full-on release, out of the alpha stage. The only thing that is needed is the fine-tuning of the purchase/running costs and re-introduction of the reliability factors.

So, enjoy the latest release of TIAS, TIAS 1.7-alpha HERE!

Cheers!

Toni
jdenm8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jdenm8 »

Thought I should post these in here instead of in the Japan Set thread, another few errors I found in the latest TIAS.

Hokuso Development 3150 Series says that it can only be extended with 3050 Series units, should say 3150 Series units.
Keisei 3000/3050 4-Car unit can be coupled onto 3000/3050 6-Car (Also vice-versa, 6-Cars can be coupled to 4-Cars, shouldn't be able to according to the description) and 8-Car units (8-Car units cannot be coupled to a 4-Car, shouldn't be able to according to the description).

Return to “Graphics Releases”