passload.grf and mailload.grf
These are (currently) a pair of GRFs that speed up the loading and unloading of passengers and mail, although currently only from trains. You can specify a parameter after their file name in newgrf[w].cfg to change the speed from the initial 20 per tick.
Put them last in your newgrf.cfg to use them to make sure that they They have only been tested with the DB set and normal TT vehicles.
In version 0.22:
- Fixed serious bug that made the ICE-TD available in 1920 and not when it should be.
- Slight fix to compatibility when DB set not used.
In version 0.21:
- Fixed very minor bug with descriptions and copyright information.
In version 0.2:
- Added support for changing the speed of passenger loading and unloading in all DB set trains and carriages, including the Transrapid.
- Added support for changing the speed of mail loading and unloading in DB set and standard TT trains.
- Added support for TT monorail and maglev carriages.
- Number of passengers/mail loaded/unloaded per tick can now be set as a parameter after the relevant file in newgrf.cfg. Default (if left blank) is 20 units per tick.
In version 0.1:
- Set speed of loading and unloading of passengers to 20 per tick.
This GRF speeds up loading of all cargos in all types of trains and train wagons. Simply place it at the end of your newgrf[w].cfg file (but above
passload and mailload) and, by default, all cargo will load and unload at a rate of 60 units per tick (so just about all cargos will load and unload as close to instantly as possible). If you want to change the amount loaded per tick, add a space, then a number after the grf file name and all cargos will load at this speed per tick.Changelog:
In version 0.50:
- Changed default setting to 60 units loaded/unloaded per tick.
- Added optional parameter to change loading speed from this amount.
In version 0.12:
- Fixed bugs with description and copyright information
In version 0.1:
- Initial release: all cargo loads and unloads at a rate of 20 units per tick.
So, if you want to use all three GRFs to give you control over loading speeds, you can use:
in your newgrf[w].cfg file to load passengers and mail at 50 per tick and everything else at 20 per tick.
If you find a bug or have a suggestion for improvement, please post it here.
All these files are released for totally free modification and reposting, although credits would definitely be appreciated.