Do you feel €uropean?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Do you feel European ?

yes
51%
no
49%

Total votes: 39

geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Do you feel €uropean?

Post by geophilip2 »

I was just curious if you guys felt Europeans. I apologize in advance for the people from other continents (Australians, Americans, Africans, English :lol: ) But the point is I think I really feel more European than French. Most of europeans now have at least on grandparent from another € country (that's my case, My grandmother was a berliner :lol: )meaning our national cultures are currently mixing more than they ever did. One main reason is the transport. It takes you less than 3h to fly from one point to another across Europe. It's also much cheaper than it was 30 years ago. Remember that the 2 most populated citys in € are 2h30 by train. Brussels and paris are only 1h20! . Anyway There are 3 other things that were decisive: having the currency, the shengen space and the fact that more and more young people do speak at least 1 other € language (for me German, English a little bit italian and I can also read dutch). for us it's still a new thing, but just think that our children will probably feel more € than us, as global € culture is currently developing (€TV and mass-medias, erasmus student exchanges, € history taught in school...) Ich bin ein Pariser :lol: :lol: :lol: and I currently live in Geneva (not a part of EU but very European since you have 45% of foreigners, mostly €, in this city) and I feel like at home.
I just want to add that I m not talking about this the institutions (which could be better and stop France and Germany to try to dominate € because they are the 2 biggest countries ---> although the two have very good initiatives to get their peoples closer), I' m talking about the people.
this is where I used to live in my avatar, not where I'm from
Petae
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Petae »

kinda, but I hate it when English ppl think they're europe, or something else than a part of europe. I hate it too when the forign press sees germany and france as europe.

for the rest I feel quite european
Everything is relative
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

I feel European but on the other hand I'm proud to be Flemish
Let's hope the smaller communities can keep their place in this big Europe where the biggest countries think they have everything to say
It's a pity that the British keep hanging on to the US
With Brittain Europe would be very powerfull
I think Europe will become the next leader of the world, within 50 years or so

Once we've stopped our little fights
Still a lot of work ahead, between the countries there are still A LOT of differences that make people mad
I'm just thinking about prices of goods
dizcon
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dizcon »

Me voted no. :wink:

We don't matter that much, are not part of EU, so I feel more like a Scandinavian/Nordic citizen.

Edit: I'm happy as it is, don't want us to join EU.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

I am English...

It's only the politicians that suck up to the USA, The general public only keep them aound to make jokes about them... :lol:
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I don't feel European. I hate the EU. The only thing it does is giving the big countries like France income because of the farming subsidies, and making the same big countries think European rules are only for the smaller countries (the 3% rule, keeping back privatizations etc.) and that they actually lead Europe.

I feel 100% Dutch.
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

I fill european, but not like geting into EU!

Mainly becuse i vil have p rob with the thinking of wats expensive and not when wi get the euro. We'll most likely enter EU sometime, but i dont want us to. Its not a great uinion.

I like the krona!

If we get into eu we'll get lower taxes, but anyhow i dont like it, norway is a country thath sereusly fight for freedom!

[EDIT:] Damn, it was the danish krona! I updated it!
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

spaceman-spiff wrote:I think Europe will become the next leader of the world, within 50 years or so
i'D LIKE IT, BUT i DEFINITELY THINK IT WILL BE CHINA
Otherwise. Beeing the leader... What for? This is still imperialist way of thinking we must get rid of it. If people in the 3d world countries can be happier and we stay rich enough, i'll be happy. no need to be stronger than anyone. I am pro-european, but i'd be glad to be a pro-world, i mean a universalist. It's just too early for that. We tend to have one unified world, full of differences, but where everyone accepts everyone. And the key of this is the developpement of transports (tycoons :D )
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

Arathorn wrote:I don't feel European. I hate the EU. The only thing it does is giving the big countries like France income because of the farming subsidies, and making the same big countries think European rules are only for the smaller countries (the 3% rule, keeping back privatizations etc.) and that they actually lead Europe.

I feel 100% Dutch.
please learn to read
just want to add that I m not talking about this the institutions (which could be better and stop France and Germany to try to dominate € because they are the 2 biggest countries ---> although the two have very good initiatives to get their peoples closer), I' m talking about the people.
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

Petae wrote:kinda, but I hate it when English ppl think they're europe, or something else than a part of europe. I hate it too when the forign press sees germany and france as europe.

for the rest I feel quite european
What the f*** are you on about? England is a part of the EU. France is part of the EU. Germany is part of the EU. Case closed.
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Tombe wrote:What the f*** are you on about? England is a part of the EU. France is part of the EU. Germany is part of the EU. Case closed.
No bull, you englishmen are more americans then uropeans! You were in the goddamn war, man!
Paranoid Android
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: lo:kay:shun - The site and/or situation of a settlement

Post by Paranoid Android »

You're not English, so what would you know about it? Here's some figures to send through the one short circuit through your brain. About 75% of English citizens were against the war in Iraq. Is it our fault we have a corrupt Prime Minister?
r is a c***

will frequently check credit at (moral) bank (hole in wall)
RIP THE BETA BAND 1997-2004
Transport Empire's music-er.

So now I've closed my eyes, closing seconds of our time

My music
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

You voted him up!
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

Zetor2003 wrote:
Tombe wrote:What the f*** are you on about? England is a part of the EU. France is part of the EU. Germany is part of the EU. Case closed.
No bull, you englishmen are more americans then uropeans! You were in the goddamn war, man!
Zetor, you re getting more and more stupid! Have you ever been to England? Of course they are european! For you, beein € is a question of making war in Irak or not? So Italy, Spain, Holland and Polland are american states?! If you don't know, just shut up. And if you want to know why i m so mean with you, I gonna tell you.
1- your attitude in the 3word story topic. (you know what I m talking about)
2- Your nazi picture in drawing topic PLEASE REMOVE IT RIGHT NOW
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

My nazi pic was a respond to tombes nazi pic.

Im not a nazi, will newer be, he just made hes pic seem like he was a nazi, i changed it to look kinda bether. IM NOT A GODAMN NAZI! DO YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE POSTED THE LONG ONE IF I WERE? :x
geophilip2
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by geophilip2 »

Zetor2003 wrote:My nazi pic was a respond to tombes nazi pic.
so to stupidity, you answer by... stupidity
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

Yep, only mine is "updated stupidity"
dizcon
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by dizcon »

Zetor2003 wrote:I like the krona
Totally OT, but what isn't these days:
"krona" is the Swedish one, the Norwegian currency is called "krone(r)".
You disappoint me :cry:
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

dizcon wrote:
Zetor2003 wrote:I like the krona
Totally OT, but what isn't these days:
"krona" is the Swedish one, the Norwegian currency is called "krone(r)".
You disappoint me :cry:

Oooops :oops:

BTV: In Paperboys - Barcelone, a line reads:

I traded all my krona, made it like i said, now im.........

Its hes fault!
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

Petae wrote:but I hate it when English ppl think they're europe, or something else than a part of europe.
Couldn't disagree more, I don't think of being at all European, I feel very British (not English), my family are from all around Britain, but I never think myself as European, I think of the mainland as Europe, and us as just plain Britain, compared to many countries we are very held back from the whole Europe thing. It may be true that the British government try to get Europe to back up on some things, such as war and junk, but name a country that wouldn't seek the help of its allies in a time of trouble.
Zetor2003 wrote: No bull, you englishmen are more americans then uropeans! You were in the goddamn war, man!
Well, considering many Americans have distant British backgrounds it's hardly surprising, the cultures are bound to be somewhat simular.
Zetor2003 wrote:You voted him up!
You'll find that tombe, and the majority of other British members here didn't vote for him, not all that many of us were eligable to vote all the way back then, and at the beginning he did very well, once the Conservatives originally fell from power, there was a general change of positivity thoughout the country as a whole.

Return to “Off-Topic”