[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

True, that should work to...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I am aware of all issues because I constantly receive the error reports and more by email.

I'm trying to redude errors and adding brand new features for the next release, which will take longer than expected.
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

I posted it here because I don't have an email program installed (I use PINE on a remote linux machine I log into using PuTTY) so I couldn't email it to you.

Chris
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Keep up the good work Andrex, can't wait for the new version and to see all the new features. Hints maybe?
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

[pre release no longer available]
Last edited by Andrex on 21 Dec 2003 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Is it supposed to be a different EXE name than the old version? Because it is, and this means I have two warring versions - the old (1.82) and the new (1.83, self-updated).
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

another fixes need to be done:
- morecurrency isn't on/off switch
- newspapercolour isn't on/off switch (parameter is year when it is introduced)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

krtaylor wrote:Is it supposed to be a different EXE name than the old version? Because it is, and this means I have two warring versions - the old (1.82) and the new (1.83, self-updated).
No. The updater.exe will delete the old version and name the newly downloaded one to the same name of the previous one, and run it.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, see, I've been running the patched version of 1.82 for a while, and its executable is named:

TTDX Configurator.exe

Bit of an odd name if you ask me, but it works anyway...

This new file is named:

ttdxc.exe

Which is it "supposed" to be, now and for the future?
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Well, you see, when wou download a file that is named "ttdxc.exe" and plan to use it instead of "TTDX Configurator.exe", you must do this :

1. Delete TTDXC configurator.exe
2. Rename ttdxc.exe to TTDX Configurator.exe. TO do this, RIGHT-CLICK the file name in Windows Explorer and select Rename. Then type: "TTDX Configurator.exe" (without quotes).

Why do I have to explain everything? TTDXC will keep the same name of the original file after it was updated.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Oh good grief, I know how to rename files, please...

The point of my question was, did it make a difference. I mean, YOU set the name of both the files, and I didn't know if you had made them different for a REASON.

Now I see you say it doesn't matter, so I will go ahead and rename them.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

TTDX Configurator 1.84
This release took over a month of work but it's finally here. Tested under windows 98 also, it should fix several errors reported in that OS. This is version 1.84, because 1.83 pre-releases have been distributed all around.

Includes all switches up to TTDPatch 2.0 - Optionally available up to TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 8
- enhancegui switch is now on/off because it is configured in game.
- TTDX Configurator now can auto update itself.
- Fixed issue of the Live Update button not being enabled.
- Redesigned the signalwaittime switch window.
- The sortvehlist, autorenew, plantmanytrees, newspapercolour and morecurrencies swicthes now can be customized entirely.
- After installing new TTDPatch versions, mkpttxt.exe will be execued automatically in the background.
- Alpha 9 switches not added because they don't work as expected.
- Added danish and polish translations.
- Optimized the Live Update code and added routine to check if URL exists before downloading anything.
- Added link to report errors in translations at the Language dialog.

GRF Wizard 1.71

Fixes issues and adds compatibility with the new NFO Editor.

NFO Editor 1.0.18

Here is it, the first release, only tested under Windows XP so far, with very good results. Its webpage can be entered through any of the ones at my sig.
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Having a weird problem here. I downloaded the latest TTDXC 1.84 and extracted it over the previous version. Now whenever I try to lauch the configurator, I get the following error message:
TTDX Configurator.exe - Bad Image
The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSVBVM60.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
What the hell?

Edit: Well, I checked the file above and quite curiously it was dated 2003.12.25 22:53. Interesting.
Anyway I restored the original one from my WinXP setup disk and everything works fine now.

Edit2: Andrex, could you set the multihead parameter interval to accept '0' as a value? The patch already supports this and I like to stick to more realistic settings. (Hooking up more engines to a given consist only gives you a power increase, but you can't exeed the engines' max speed.)
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I get the following error after updating to 1.84:
Attachments
configerror.JPG
configerror.JPG (67.76 KiB) Viewed 9044 times
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Kruz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kruz »

I think it's because the site http://www.ttdpatch.net is down. I get the same error
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

This release of TTDXC 1.85 should fix all sort of issues.

- Fixed error on load that was avoiding startup. If you still have this error, delete the entire "TTDXC" section from the Windows registry. (go to Start > Run and type "regedit" to open the registry)
- All switches are saved using the on/off method instead of 1/0.
- Additional switches are saved like normal switches to avoid error in win 9x/Me.
- Removed splash screen and optimized save/read reoutines.
- The servint switch is now saved correctly
- TTDXC 1.84 can already be updated to 1.85 automatically using the Check for Updates feature.
Xavery
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Xavery »

yeah, polish version at last...
someone got to work....

surpise for you - it's me who translated it :-) !!
\ / /\ \ / ._____. \ / /| |
\ / / \ \ / ._____ | | \ / / | | |
\ / / \ \ / | | | \ / / | |__|__
\/ /______\ \ / |_____ |_____| \ / / | |
/\ / \ \ / | |\ | | |
/ \ / \ \/ |_____ | \ | | |
jiggar
Engineer
Engineer

help

Post by jiggar »

i have downloded this new version 1.85 but i dont know what is wrong. when i click the configurator exe the program starts but i cant see it. when i do alt ctrl del to see what programs are running it shows configurator running. i am using xp and first i was using 1.6 version and it was working perfectly. i have downloded the newst patch 2.0 rev 1 and its working perfectly graphic manger is also working perfectly even components are showing all ok. i have also installed again vb6 runtime lib. but no use. still problem is there. i have deleted all previous versions and files. i dont know what to do plz plz help. ?(
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Andrex, please modify the multihead parameter interval to accept '0'! I'd really like the power without the speed increase. Or does TTDPatch treat '0' as 'off'?
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

mutihead 0 works fine here - it's the setting you should use if you're using the DBSet or TropicSet.

Just use the old-fashioned TTD Configurator - It's called Notepad :wink:

Return to “General TTDPatch”