[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

Only question I have is about something that doesnt matter.
Why put Inuyasha on the splash screen?
just curious
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Saiyan wrote:Eh, Andrex, seems that the link on your site still points to TTDXC 1.80.

And what's this 1.82?
The link on my site points to the latest TTDXC 1.82, that avoids the "No new version..." message notification after automatic live update.
mp3Pro wrote:Only question I have is about something that doesnt matter.
Why put Inuyasha on the splash screen?
just curious
He's not in the splash screen but in the About dialog logo. Anyway, I put it there because I didn't want to put it on the splash screen. Is it clear enough? :D
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Andrex wrote:The link on my site points to the latest TTDXC 1.82, that avoids the "No new version..." message notification after automatic live update.
Hmm, interesting. I load up your site, refresh the page, download ttdxc.zip, unpack to my ttd folder, overwrite the files therein and it's still 1.80. Archive is 604.195 bytes, "TTDX Configurator.exe" is dated 2003.11.07. Weird. Any ideas?
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Mine says ver 1.82, and I'm sure it is 1.82...So I think you should try again, Saiyan (vagy mondjam, hogy Gyuri?). :wink:
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I don't think Windows is capable of saving ZIP files for working offline, it is not THAT stupid. The problem is definitely caused by WinZip. We already have an issue here with WinZip showing empty files after opening directly.
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Well I'll be damned to the bottom of the burning hells! You're right!
Turns out Windows didn't download the file right. Must be some sort of caching issue with temporary internet files or the like. Anyway, I loaded up Getright and presto!, download was OK.
Thx for the help guys!
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

If someone can test the new version detection procedure of this I will appreciate it. I'm finally using the mehtod suggested by Shadow Technologies, seems to be fine, but I want to make sure.
Last edited by Andrex on 04 Mar 2004 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
casper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by casper »

Andrex wrote:If someone can test the new version detection procedure of this I will appreciate it. I'm finally using the mehtod suggested by Shadow Technologies, seems to be fine, but I want to make sure.
Works fine here :D
Attachments
'old' titlebar and new titlebar
'old' titlebar and new titlebar
ttdxc_old-new.jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 8817 times
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Hello casper :P

Andrex, something strange, I double click on the program and it just doesn't start anything ?????
Am I missing something, it doesn't say anything

Edit: p.s. I formatted last week , perhaps I'm missing some modules of some sort ???
casper
Engineer
Engineer

Post by casper »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Hello casper :P

Andrex, something strange, I double click on the program and it just doesn't start anything ?????

Edit: p.s. I formatted last week , perhaps I'm missing some modules of some sort ???
As far as I know you do miss some modules. You probably need to download the the full version (http://www.divxland.org/ttd/files/ttdxc.zip) and overwrite the TTDX Configurator.exe
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

spaceman-spiff wrote:Hello casper :P

Have you installed the TTDXC components?

This thing of the program not starting in windows XP happened only when messing up with the Windows Common Controls declarations for the windows themes application. Also delete the .manifest file since it's no longer needed.
Last edited by Andrex on 19 Nov 2005 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

After installing those components it worked
First problem I found was my sortvehlist switch
You can give a parameter, seconds
I used 10 and your program wants 0 or 1
It's no longer like that !!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I have a problem with the TTDXC that wasn't there before.
I have the most current version of TTDXC (1.82). Also I have (I think) the latest Patch alpha, 2.0.1 a8.
I am NOT using Automatic Live Update. I simply am trying to go to the Live Update tab and click "Check for updates" as I have done for some while now. But this button is unavailable.
The "Check for TTDXC Update" in the Help menu still works fine.
Is this a known bug of some kind?
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

my main CFG isn't 'compatibile' with TTDXC :wink: because of autorenew switch, I already PMed and suggested that to Andrex
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Ah. Is there a workaround that you know of, or shall I just wait until a new revision of TTDXC is released?
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Andrex wrote:If someone can test the new version detection procedure of this I will appreciate it. I'm finally using the mehtod suggested by Shadow Technologies, seems to be fine, but I want to make sure.

I recommend to keep this version because it also fixes the issue of the Live Update button being disabled sometimes.
I had to quote myself to avoid writing everything again. FIle is attached a few post above.

Next version will be released after a new patch version because I need to know what to do with the enhancegui switch.
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Chris 'Awkward' McKenna »

I upgraded to 1.82, and Alpha 1.9vcs and set my options, inlcuding the alpha 9 switches (the alpha 8 and alpha 6 switches seem ot just duplicate teh alpha 9 ones)

I started a new game and didn't have large stations, the enhangedgui settings (no menu entry, nothing happens clicking on the blank line).
So I used the -W option to create a new config file with everything enables. I tried to load it in the congfigurator and got the following error:

Error code # 380
Description: Invalid property value
Routine: ReadingFile
Version: 1.82.0

I chose to ignore it and it loaded the settings as they were in the last cfg file that it sucessfully opened (i.e. before recreating it). I tried to open the cfg file again from inside teh prog, but got the same error.

Chris

edit: the TTDPatch.cfg creaced by the vcs version still doesn't have larger stations - and no enhancegui option in the cfg file.

edit 2: the cfg file created by the -W option for regular version 9 has the value of every switch as 'off', regardless of the type of switch and it also gives the 'can't find CD' error - despite an identical CDPATH setting to previously.

Does anyoen have a cfg that I could download for a9 with all the correct defaults?
Anything can be achieved if you don't care who gets the credit
--Author Unknown
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

with alpha 9 only change should be that enhancegui is on/off switch (not bit switch)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Tempfix, use the config app with enhancegui as off. After saveing, use notepad and set it to on...
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Could you not just set bit 1 on, then the total will be 1 and will be read as 'on'?
I don't use TTDXC, so I don't know if this is easy/possible.

Return to “General TTDPatch”