OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles development thread

Post by Terkhen »

OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles enhances default road vehicles to be able to handle new cargos, and extends them with new road vehicles and trams. Designed to match the OpenGFX style.

Project homepage: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/ogfx-rv

Downloads: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-rv/
Unnamed, 2050-01-28.png
Unnamed, 2050-01-28.png (78.93 KiB) Viewed 46839 times
What is included?
  • Truck models that are able to handle the new cargos from industry NewGRFs such as ECS, PBI or FIRS.
  • Three new tram models.
  • Compatibility with all climates, including new toyland sprites.

What is missing? (Suggestions and discussion welcome!)

OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles is in an early stage of development: feedback will be much appreciated.
Last edited by Terkhen on 03 Dec 2010 09:30, edited 3 times in total.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles development thread

Post by Zephyris »

Nice! I have been hoping to see something like this for a while...
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Thank you, it wouldn't have been possible without all the work on OpenGFX :)

I have updated the first post with a list of things that are currently missing (http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/1879 and http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/1880).
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Small request: RV refittable to farm supplies graphic-compatible with GFX+ fs train. (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=914668#p914668)
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Kogut wrote:Small request: RV refittable to farm supplies graphic-compatible with GFX+ fs train. (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=914668#p914668)
That's the plan :-D
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

I'm for adding a few more passenger trams (articulated/higher capacity?), possibly cargo-carrying ones too, at least for mail and goods. Articulated trucks would also be good, they could be an alternative to small trains.
Last suggestion: merge mail (?), piece goods and refrigerated trucks into one single "box" or "covered" truck - less vehicle IDs, more room in the purchase window, etc.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Kogut wrote:Small request: RV refittable to farm supplies graphic-compatible with GFX+ fs train. (http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=914668#p914668)
Already mentioned in the thread. See: http://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/1880

oberhümer: I don't think that merging the refrigerated and piece goods trucks is warranted, as the type of transportation they provide is quite different. I'll think about the articulated trucks, but one of my goals with this set is to keep the number of vehicles small. Specialized trucks can IMO be provided by other NewGRFs, such as HEQS or eGRVTS.
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Since today, OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles includes nice toyland sprites for trucks and buses drawn by DanMack.
1.png
1.png (30.65 KiB) Viewed 46473 times
2.png
2.png (40.54 KiB) Viewed 46473 times
3.png
3.png (78.83 KiB) Viewed 46473 times

The sprites support 2CC, but I still have to decide how to handle 2CC in this set before activating it. There have also been a lot of bug fixes in the last days, but I'm sure that a few more are still lurking around :)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

Looks... hmm... toyish! Keep going.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

This is a complete list of the cargo types that each vehicle type can carry, along with the ones which are missing specific sprites.
OpenGFX+_RV_Cargo_support.ods
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
Besides graphics, we are also missing ideas for model names.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Are fake made up names wanted? I'm just asking as I am thinking about some fake names now.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I think fake names, in the style of the basic OpenTTD ones, would be best...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Zephyris wrote:I think fake names, in the style of the basic OpenTTD ones, would be best...
Since some if not most of the orriginals were named after Microprose staff from the credits, I was thinking of piking important people on these forums so long as they consented.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Timmaexx
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timmaexx »

Do you need german translation? Or does Planetmaker translates it again?
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

roboboy wrote:
Zephyris wrote:I think fake names, in the style of the basic OpenTTD ones, would be best...
Since some if not most of the orriginals were named after Microprose staff from the credits, I was thinking of piking important people on these forums so long as they consented.
Hmm... I'm not sure about that. I would prefer completely fictional names.
Timmaexx wrote:Do you need german translation? Or does Planetmaker translates it again?
We are not accepting translations until the model names are set, as it would be duplicating work for no reason. Once we have them, my guess is that planetmaker will take care of the german translation.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

What about the original TT (not TTD) names? There is a table with them (I saw this table once with imges, but I don't remember where), so I think some of the names could be use in this set.
lawton27
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lawton27 »

Terkhen wrote:Hmm... I'm not sure about that. I would prefer completely fictional names.
Possibly a parameter for this may be nice....
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

lawton27 wrote:Possibly a parameter for this may be nice....
We should have a set of names before thinking on new ones activated by parameter :P
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've got a peculiar bug that I can't seem to quite narrow down. I've got a save game with lots of NewGRFs running ChillCore's patchpack chipp_v11_5_1_r21532. With OpenGFX+ Vehicles 0.1.0, the Flatbed Truck Mk1 is displaying as Query button. I've found that either removing Industrial Station Renewal 0.8.0 or moving OpenGFX+ Vehicles to the top of the list fixes the issue within this game or subsequent games using this list of NewGRFs, but I can't reproduce the problem with just ISR and OpenGFX+ Vehicles installed. If somebody would like to take a look at it, cool, or if you want to throw up your hands and not look at it, I don't blame ya ;-)
Attachments
Lewisberg Market Transport, 1965-06-30.sav
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 644 times
Terkhen
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Terkhen »

Since I cannot reproduce it using OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles 0.1.0 and ISR, I'm inclined to think that your issue is caused by something else. The cause might be:

a) Changing NewGRFs ingame. This is known to mess up the internal state of the savegame and can result in even weirder issues.

b) A buggy NewGRF in your list that has not been mentioned.

c) Using a patched version (unlikely, but I ignore what patches are included in that build).

Return to “Graphics Development”