ttdopen source compile

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gepard42
Engineer
Engineer

ttdopen source compile

Post by Gepard42 »

ok i tryed some dos system but is there not a more simpler way i dont understand what file i need to compile in one and so on.
i can not see the ideer then i dont understand it.

plz. tell what i need how it work and can it finde the needings.
im trying to make a historical train set system build on real trains and more realistisk map in scale, but i cant even test if its working.
all talk about you can simply compile,
1. where
2. when
3. how i know im compile the right files
4. how is it working

im giving up again and again i cant see how a 64 bit system shuld compile enything, when it cant even open detroit game.
and this dos system ok i know dos but i dont get the overlook as you, eny windows related compiler?
Progman
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ttdopen source compile

Post by Progman »

You don't need to compile your own OpenTTD version if you want to write some NewGRFs. You can use the normal stable releases to test/load your NewGRF files. If you really want to compile your own OpenTTD version (as you have changed some source code files) you should read the wiki about compiling, like the Compiling on MinGW article. But what have you changed in the source code which required compiling your own OpenTTD version?
Gepard42
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gepard42 »

im trying to make the map 20000 x 20000 whits maths the globe half way arund, train i cant get changed as old ttd.
ill allso whant to make the train look like the old train, start year 1804.
so you can feal the time slow in start maby slow the time a little so you have to use the old train so you dont just whait.

im thinking of make a railroad tycoon simular list of train.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Discover the 'online content' and get and test a few train newgrfs (separately at best). Most (all?) have realistic trains.

Maps can be at most 2k x 2k.

Return to “General OpenTTD”