VAST Stations: 0.2.0
VAST Objects: 0.3.0
VAST+ Fences: 0.2.0
This is a summary of VAST. The development thread for ideas and testing is here.
VAST is a collection of graphics for OpenTTD that aims to allow players to build eye-candy tiles that can be used to visually improve games without necessarily adding functional tiles. The project is split into separate NewGRFs:
A generic set of graphics available as stations and/or objects.
- VAST Stations [latest version: 0.2.0]
- VAST Objects [latest version: 0.3.0]
Specialised graphics available as NewObjects that can be optionally used to develop a certain feature.
- VAST+ Fences [latest version: 0.2.0]
- VAST+ Infrastructure [under development - no release yet]
- VAST+ Industry [under development - no release yet]
VAST Stations provides three classes of stations:
Concrete, tarmac and coloured tiles.
Full set of modular tiles, all with four random variations.
Some topiary shrubs of different sizes, a cluster of happy cypress trees and a small garden with four random variations.
Using some other station sets you could build something like this:
This set goes beyond VAST Stations by adding many more objects such as parks, statues and fountains, adding climate variations and up to 4X zoom 32bpp graphics, and reducing the construction restrictions of the station set. Requires OpenTTD r25230 or higher.
Climate variations and zoomed graphics are partially complete and will be worked on. There are a few obvious placeholder graphics that are included for technical reasons but will be eventually be removed.
I recommend using this set over VAST Stations because it has much more content and the former has not been worked on for a while.
VAST+ Fences is a set of fences available as objects. Requires OpenTTD 1.1.0 / r21454 or higher.
- 6 fences; medium height (one tile high); placed on edge of tile, on corner or diagonally; flat (builds foundations on slopes) or sloped (adjusts to slope angle).
- [0.3.0] [Unreleased; ETA: Very soon]
- Build on steep slopes.
- Fences placed in middle of tile.
- Brick walls.
- Whole-tile "checkpoints" for joining fences together.
- Ground type support: variable snow and desert coverage.
- Support for shoreline adaptation: draw a shore tile or a normal tile; parameter-controlled.
VAST+ Industry will provide a set of objects for developing industrial areas, including: warehouses, shopping areas and car parks. Not yet available.
Search the online content service for "VAST".
Source, Bugs and Assorted Thoughts
All of this project is licensed under GPLv2 and hosted on DevZone ( ). Repo link is https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/vast
The exception is VAST Stations, which is licensed under CC-BY-NC-SA v3.0.
Found a bug? If you're sure, you could register on DevZone and add a new issue to the tracker, or if you're not sure or want to discuss it, post it in the dev thread. That's also the best place to ask questions and float ideas.