Town Passengers And Mail Modification

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

id10terror
Engineer
Engineer

Town Passengers And Mail Modification

Post by id10terror »

So a while ago i modified ammler's early houses grf with lower populations, after reviewing my work it became clear to me that i had not changed all of the vars. My approach was also a little flawed as some people would wantt different dates for population change. So i rewrote(pillaged other peoples work(thanks again ammler that basecosts presets was excellent for teaching me parameters)).

The grf now only modifies the population and mail and does not touch introduction dates, using this method if you load my grf after ammlers as theory goes you will have his hand picked houses dates with my population overides and if you load my grf before ammlers populations will take precedence(someone tell me if im wrong pls).The grf doesnt modify building dates. The grf applies to all climates(at least its supposed to, i used the newgrf docs on houses to get the ids). The grf accepts one parameter.

Change Passenger/Mail Gen Via Param 0. 0=1/House, 1=1/8,2=1/4,3(def)=1/2,4=*2,5=*4,Normal=Dont Use

Subnote: when i scaled down i rounded down, when i scaled up i clamped at 250 as the val has to fit in a byte. Consequently vals are lower than described.

Current Ver 0.1 Alpha

Please give feedback. If everything looks good in a few days i'll look into adding it to the content system.
Attachments
TownPassMail Grf.7z
GRF
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 575 times
TownPassMail Src.7z
Source(NFO) and grf2html output and openoffice spreadsheet.
(37.69 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Ammler
President
President

Re: Town Passengers And Mail Modification

Post by Ammler »

I didn't check the grf itself yet, just a little comment to your release:

I wouldn't zip a grf as it is already compressed a bit, just upload the plain grf, would also give you more testers. 7z might not be most spread format.

Greets
Ammler
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

good point.

Also, although I like the idea, as it adds some sort of realism, one thing which should be considered then as well is that the patience of the passengers should be increased somehow, so that you can run less trains as well.
That would really add to the gameplay. Less passenger in earlier years = less services and as passenger numbers increase, service levels have to increase.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
id10terror
Engineer
Engineer

Post by id10terror »

Anyone out there using this have any problems?

Return to “Graphics Releases”