Moderator: Graphics Moderators
Changes from r112 thats been on Bananas a while:
* All the invisible engines are now removed, and instead there is an automatic introdate for most tracks.
* The 'ugly' 120kmh track gfx is removed, and replaced by the default tracks, and the 80kmh tracks is replaced by the sweedish tracks
* 3 different Tracksets:
- -> Default Tracks
- -> Default tracks with a selection of subway tracks
- -> Default tracks with a selection of 3rd rail tracks
- -> see details here
* Autoselection of Trackset if a compatible trainset is loaded. Currently this is limited to the 2cc trainset (you need r720 or Later) , UKRS2 and the upcomeing BROS trainset
- -> Can ofcourse be overridden. See the GUI screenshot
* Custumable speedlimits on the different kinds of rails. See the GUI screenshot
* Custumable trackprices, tho only varying from 1/4th to 4x of the default costs.
Changes from Beta1->Beta2
* Fix: 2cc trainset and NuTracks now again works as intended
* Feature: The ingame GUI now also show both kmh and MPH. Note: the MPH might be roughly +-1 off what might show up ingame.
Changes from Beta2->Beta3
* Fix: The economy parameter werent checked properly, it now does. (Thanx V453000)
* Fix: The High Speed Tracks in the Metrotrackset checked the wrong parameter, it now checkes the correct one (Thanx Emperor Jake)
Changes from Beta3->Beta4
* Fix: The Medium speed standard rails should now work as intended
Changes from Beta4->Beta5
* Fix: The Very Low speed standard didnt always have the correct GFX
* Fix: Most tracks had a slight misaligntment when going uphills in a NorthWest direction. Especially noticeable when on snowy tracks.
Changes from Beta5->Beta6
* Fix: 3rd rails werent functioning as intended, but they do now
* Fix: Planning tracks now work in the metro and 3rd rail trackset as well
* Feature: The subway tracks with concrete edges now all have a more concrete like look, not just the \ direction
Changes from Beta6->1.0.0
* Feature: Added a warning when DB Set V0.82 (XL) were loaded after NuTracks (due to a track cost bug)
* Feature: Updated High Speed Rails gfx (230kmh rails)
I've made a trackset with new tracktypes and prices. For the techincal mambo jambo i'll refeer to the dev-thread and i kindly ask to do any discussions there.
Gfx to the tracks are now added:
Will be uploaded to Bananas shortly
"Nightly" updates come at 18:18 CET.
upgrading rail types works like with normal centenary? which rail types can be upgraded to which?
and is there any other factors but speed, like weight or running cost?
Not finished yet. There still lacks quite A LOT of puzzlepieces to concider it finished, but its getting somewhereneob wrote: i seen it was developed but i wasnt aware this already was finished
Everything can be upgraded to everything, just like normal. There is no way to prevent stuff from beeing upgraded from one thing to the other.neob wrote:upgrading rail types works like with normal centenary? which rail types can be upgraded to which?
As you mention speed is one factor. Not runningcosts, but buildingcosts vary VASTLY, from 50$/tile for 80kmh tracks, to 10k$ for highspeed tracks.neob wrote:and is there any other factors but speed, like weight or running cost?
There is no way to limit weight am i afraid. If so do one need to make a new trackset, and it needs to be implemented in the trainsets.
- Posts: 1285
- Joined: 23 Oct 2009 19:35
- Location: Here and there, sometime or another
Solution: Make money earned when tearing down track settable. Or is it already possible?
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---
--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
I _have_ given the matter some thought, but i heavent reached a conclution yet. After all, the trains DO benefit from higher HP and such when accelerating, but perhaps i could add "exactly" 80, 120, 160 and 230kmh costs (fractions of max cost). But that needs to be coded in the .grfVoyager1 wrote:When running a "higher" speed train (2cc set of course) on a lower speed track, or vice versa, does the running cost change? I've been trying to figure it out but...
That's exactly why I just could not figure it out. However, IMHO, track shouldn't additionally affect running costs. If you run a slow train on a high-speed track, you'll probably end with slowing faster trains. And fast trains on slow tracks are already penalized by low speed. IMHO...planetmaker wrote:For some 2cctrainset wagons there's the feature that running costs increase, if they're operated at a speed beyond their design speed.
EDIT: I apologize, I found the dev thread just now. Sorry.
I have uploaded a new version of NuTracks to bananas right now. It includes:
- Bridge support
- Support for the default engines (by parameter)
- Support for all trainsets (by the same parameter)
- Disable support for everything (by the same parameter)
- Support in this case is that the default engines are a "type". I.e. a TGV/T.I.M is a "Very high speed train", and some invisible engine (for eyecandy purposes. put wagons on sidings etc) on the tracks without "proper" support.
- Im not sure if there were subways in r85, but there are atleast now
- Parameter to control prices, from 1/4x to 4x
- Posible bugfixes
- Possible new bugs
All parameters can be used by the rather new ingame parameter system (socalled Action14), so useage with a rather new (a month'ish or newer) nightly is needed *
Enjoy yourselves, and please repport bugs.
*I know its not needed, but to avoid too much "why wont this or that work" i did limit this grf to r20300 of openttd.
1. is there a way, how to preserve MONORAIL tracks ? (latest Openttd). When i load NU TRACK SET, i lose MONORAIL tracks from menu. I have tested rev. 121 and 112.
2. is there a way, how to DISABLE "subway" versions of tracks (terrain/city core/urban)? I don´t wish on our server to have those avaible for players.
3. are you planning to add to NU TRACK SET also MONORAIL (different speed versions of MONORAIL), MAGLEV and perhaps RACK rails ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_railway ) ?
Have a nice day.
I can't speak fully in the name of NuTracks devs but I can give you some answers myself.
AFAIK, monorails can't be preserved and "subways" can't be disabled because this GRF overwrites the original tracks. Also, this GRF is primarily intended for the 2cc set and since there are no monorails there, I don't know if devs will introduce them any time soon.
However, and it concernes rack rail too, the GRF is still under heavy development so many more things are possible.
OK i was little confused, because withouth NU TRACK there was MONORAIL and i have seen about 26 vehicles from 2cc train set there. But now i realize, that those trains was actualy METROS/3RD rail vehicles and NO monorail vehicles ... so ok, thank you for quick answer.Voyager One wrote:...also, this GRF is primarily intended for the 2cc set and since there are no monorails there, I don't know if devs will introduce them any time soon.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests