BR Set 0.3 - somewhere between 0%-100% done

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Well, I could whip up a tracking table in HTML based on Chris's wiki, and have it done by next week.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Let us not worry about ChrisCF.

lws1984, I like your idea. Do up a tracking table, collect all the sprites that are lying around, and then we'll see where we are. I think that we are further along than might be commonly thought, which should be encouraging.

whitehand, if you want to manage and code, sounds like a good idea to me!

I'll help if you need anything I can do.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

OK, I'm getting webspace(I need to b**** to my hosting company again) and will code. But, however, I'm still learning coding, and, as the testers of the ausset know, I can some stuff but can't do some other stuff.
Formerly known as Lachie
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

You can always ask Oracle for help if you need advice on some advanced feature.

Before we worry about coding, though, we need a good tracking table so we know what we need in the way of sprites and data.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Do you want it sorted by time or type of propulsion (steam, diesel, electric, etc..)?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Personally I have found it more convenient to be sorted by date.

BTW, it turns out it isn't necessary to totally start from scratch. ChrisCF's wiki is still up, and he sent me a message saying he will keep it up for our use. Also, anyone can make changes to it, and to post images you need only register with your email address. So, since I don't have any particular problems with his Wiki, we may as well stick with it. But we do need to bring it up to date, and then start filling in the blanks.
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Alright, perhaps we should add a columm in the table for the finished sprites. I can do that, then start rounding up sprites.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

krtaylor wrote:Let us not worry about ChrisCF.
Do worry about ChrisCF...

Worry he might return :wink:
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Well, i just got all the sprites from after 0.3 on my HD, ready for Wiki. I figure we can reverse-engineeer the 0.3 to get the other sprites, right? I'm also going to have to stop for today, because i must go out to eat. More work tommorow!
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I'm going to start a new thread for this. A change is as good as a holiday
Formerly known as Lachie
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Fine by me! Maybe it'll attract some other attention too.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Wow. ChrisCF is going to be pissed if/when he returns. This'll be the seccond set he's had stolen from him (Well he thinks he owned them anyway), and TEmpire seem to be doing a lot to make themselves less dependant on him.

Good, I don't like him. Anyone who decides to forcibly scrap a public set rather then leaving it for somone else to pickup months/years on doesn't belong in this part of the forum.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

lws1984 wrote:Well, i just got all the sprites from after 0.3 on my HD, ready for Wiki. I figure we can reverse-engineeer the 0.3 to get the other sprites, right? I'm also going to have to stop for today, because i must go out to eat. More work tommorow!
don't forget the very old sprites that might have been missed on that link on my post on the previous page
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

Can we possibly move to the other thread for any talk(which may or may not include anti-ChrisCF talk) to do with this set?
Formerly known as Lachie
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

WhiteHand wrote:Can we possibly move to the other thread for any talk(which may or may not include anti-ChrisCF talk) to do with this set?
I think I could manage that.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Ronstar
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Ronstar »

All I'll say about Chris is that whilst he was enthusiastic about the set, he did very little actual grafting towards it, and always seemed a bit put out to find that I'd already created/released it before he'd heard of me. Which was a shame.

I don't mind working with or without anybody on this (Although AndrewA would most definitely be on the top of my list of grateful returning contributors, as we drew in a very similar style!), but if we get into petty arguments, I'm definitely out on the third strike this time!
Any TT, TTD or OTTD sprites I have ever posted to this forum or elsewhere may be used as-is or in edited form free of charge for any purpose without credit in perpetuity.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Insofar as I'm able, I won't allow that to happen. This set needs to be finished, and it needs all the help it can get.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I say we close this topic as there's nothing more to say here and gravitate over to the new one.

Return to “Graphics Development”