[UNIV] Swedish Houses [Version 1.1 release 06/06/10]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

[UNIV] Swedish Houses [Version 1.1 release 06/06/10]

Post by Irwe »

VERSION 1.1 RELEASE! DOWNLOAD AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST!

Swedish Houses is a town replacement set for TTDPatch and OpenTTD for temperate, arctic and tropic climates. The goal of this set is to replace all original TTD buildings and add extra ones with buildings found in Sweden. This beta version has only a few essential buildings, future versions will include a lot more.

Version 1.1 requirements
OpenTTD 1.0 or newer
TTDPatch nightly r2313 or newer

If your OpenTTD or TTDPatch version is too old Swedish Houses will disable itself.

The set features:
* support for new industry sets (food acceptance in temperate, gas stations accepts fuel oil/petrol hotels and stadiums accept and produce tourist)
* road sensitive graphics for some buildings.
* support for both Swedish and English languages.

Parameter options:

Parameter 1: disable original TTD houses:
0 - only Swedish Houses (default)
1 - TTD-houses and Swedish Houses

Parameter 2: Roadside trees:
0 - enable Swedish Houses set roadside trees (default)
1 - disable Swedish Houses set roadside trees

Parameter 3: Flags
0 - Swedish flags (default)
1 - no flags

The drawing is done by Irwe (me) but I could need some help from more experienced artist if someone's interested. The coding is done by as but he could probably need some help since my coding skills are none.

This set is released under the GPL license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/GPL/2.0/

Below are some sample shoots of the set.
Attachments
swehouses1.png
swehouses1.png (41.01 KiB) Viewed 22955 times
swehouses2.png
swehouses2.png (86.64 KiB) Viewed 22955 times
swehouses.rar
(552.11 KiB) Downloaded 2156 times
Last edited by Irwe on 06 Jun 2010 14:58, edited 3 times in total.
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
giddorah
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Houses [beta release 28/08/09]

Post by giddorah »

Nice idea! :) I'll give you my support even tho the overall support doesn't seem to be that big. :)

Kör hårt! :D
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

overall support doesn't seem to be that big
There has been outstanding support for this set, but it is written in the development thread.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

Where´s Ikea??
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Aerond wrote:Where´s Ikea??
I've planned an IKEA as one of the modern shopping areas but I havn't drawed it yet.

Note that any discussion related posts should go in the development thread.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Houses [Version 1.0 release 29/11/09]

Post by petert »

Congratulations on v1.0 for the houses. Is IKEA in v1.0?
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Houses [Version 1.0 release 29/11/09]

Post by Irwe »

petert wrote:Congratulations on v1.0 for the houses. Is IKEA in v1.0?
Sadly not. It's left for future releases.
as
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [UNIV] Swedish Houses [Version 1.1 release 06/06/10]

Post by as »

New version is now available see the development thread.

Source files for the version 1.1.1:

EDIT: I also added the old version sources so that they are all available at same place, although I think that they are not really useful for anyone.
Attachments
Swedish Houses Old version sources.7z
Sources for beta 1, 1.0 and 1.1
(3.24 MiB) Downloaded 393 times
Swehouses_source.zip
Source for 1.1.1
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 461 times
Last edited by as on 18 May 2011 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

"Swehouses.zip" contains no source files, only the GRF with the readme and copyright file.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
as
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by as »

Oops, I must have uploaded the wrong file. I have updated the post with the correct file. Why didn't anyone of the 24 other people who downloaded it say something.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Thank you for this excellent package - I love it! Apart from Norwegian flags, which obviously are impossible to draw at this resolution, I've only got one small wish: Could you make the early houses available from 1900? That's my usual starting year, and the Swedish houses don't seem to appear before around 1950, although most of them are in early 20th century style.
keoz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by keoz »

leifbk wrote:the Swedish houses don't seem to appear before around 1950.
1930, actually. But I agree. It would be nice seeing them coming a little bit earlier.
Patch - Let's timetable depot waiting time with the Wait in depot patch.
GameScript - Searching a new way to make your cities growing ? Try the Renewed City Growth GameScript.
My screenshots thread.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Did you try setting the first parameter of the set to 0 ? That disables TTD original houses. Works for me, only swedish houses, even when starting as early as 1850.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

arikover wrote:Did you try setting the first parameter of the set to 0 ? That disables TTD original houses. Works for me, only swedish houses, even when starting as early as 1850.
I'm in the middle of a game, so I clicked NewGRF Settings -> Swedish Houses Set 1.1.1 -> Show Parameters. It says "Original TTD Houses: Off" which I assume means the same thing. No Swedish houses here until 1930.

It may be the "Early Houses" NewGRF which is loaded first that's messing it up. I use to start between 1850 and 1900, and I don't want a map full of mega cities, so the "Early Houses" is essential. Would it help to move it after Swedish Houses?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

leifbk wrote:
arikover wrote:Did you try setting the first parameter of the set to 0 ? That disables TTD original houses. Works for me, only swedish houses, even when starting as early as 1850.
I'm in the middle of a game, so I clicked NewGRF Settings -> Swedish Houses Set 1.1.1 -> Show Parameters. It says "Original TTD Houses: Off" which I assume means the same thing. No Swedish houses here until 1930.

It may be the "Early Houses" NewGRF which is loaded first that's messing it up. I use to start between 1850 and 1900, and I don't want a map full of mega cities, so the "Early Houses" is essential. Would it help to move it after Swedish Houses?
Had you *not* used the early houses NewGRF, then the earliest available Swedish houses *would have been* available from the start of the game - whatever starting year you might have chosen. So yes, most likely all the trouble is caused by the other NewGRF.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Yes, Early Houses are most surely the cause of the problem. If you want the Swedish Houses earlier, you should not add this GRF.

If you want less big cities, there are some settings you can use to do so, in Economy - Towns.
- Proportion of towns that will become cities,
- Initial city size multiplier.

I also found that using ECS Houses in early games (1800 or so) generates towns with very few houses.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

planetmaker wrote:Had you *not* used the early houses NewGRF, then the earliest available Swedish houses *would have been* available from the start of the game - whatever starting year you might have chosen. So yes, most likely all the trouble is caused by the other NewGRF.
Yes, I think that is confirmed now. The description of "Early Houses" says: "Change of default population to 1/4 from year 0 to 1899 and 1/2 from 1900 to 1929" and there's the 1930 limit showing clearly.
arikover wrote:Yes, Early Houses are most surely the cause of the problem. If you want the Swedish Houses earlier, you should not add this GRF.

If you want less big cities, there are some settings you can use to do so, in Economy - Towns.
- Proportion of towns that will become cities,
- Initial city size multiplier.
I'm using those too. Clearly, the economic model in OTTD doesn't work well for the era before 1900, or even before 1950. Growth should be slower the further back you go.
arikover wrote:I also found that using ECS Houses in early games (1800 or so) generates towns with very few houses.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will those houses work ok with the default set and FIRS?
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

leifbk wrote:Growth should be slower the further back you go.
There are a lot of GameScripts that model such a behaviour. I often play with "Neighbours are important", which rises the amount of cargo needed every month by a town to grow (adjustable by parameters), and also adds a really convenient stockpile for every cargo. Needed cargos depend on the industry GRF you're using. It usually is passengers, mail, food, goods, though you also need petrol with FIRS for example.
leifbk wrote:Will those houses work ok with the default set and FIRS?
Yes, although they won't accept any non-ECS cargo. For example with FIRS, ECS-hotels only accept passengers (no tourists without ECS), and ECS-banks accept... well nothing (no valuables in FIRS). But that is not really a problem. Plus, ECS houses look good.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

After removing the "Early Houses" GRF I started a new game in 1850, and the Swedish houses popped up right from the start.

Sorry about the noise, and thank you again for this lovely GRF :bow:

Return to “Graphics Releases”