FooBar's Tram Tracks

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

FooBar's Tram Tracks

Post by FooBar »

FooBar's Tram Tracks
FooBar's Tram Tracks is a tramway replacement set featuring single-sided supports for overhead wires, slightly wider tracks and off-road tracks embedded in the grass (or in brown or gray ballast if you prefer).

FooBar's Tram Tracks supports the Temperate, Sub-Arctic and Tropical climates of both the original TTD graphics and OpenGFX, as well as the New Terrain, the Japanese Landscape Set and OpenGFX+ Landscape.
Additionally, the player can choose between two types of wire supports: the set's default single-sided wire supports with support poles as wide as streetlights or an alternative with slightly slimmer poles.

To OpenGFX users these tram tracks may look familiar: the OpenGFX tram tracks are based on this very set. Now why would you use this if you use OpenGFX? Maybe because you want something else instead of the brown ballast. Or maybe because you want the slimmer poles. Your choice.

Downloads
Downloads available from OpenTTD's ingame content download.
Or the DevZone: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/foobarst ... /releases/

Information
See the readme

Problem?
Just post here. Or use the issue tracker.

If you're looking for New Tram Tracks, go here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=32962
Attachments
foobarstramtracks.png
foobarstramtracks.png (143.61 KiB) Viewed 34442 times
Last edited by FooBar on 28 Jul 2012 14:40, edited 5 times in total.
Sherif2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [UNIV] New Tram Tracks

Post by Sherif2 »

The new trams is good.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [UNIV] FooBar's Tram Tracks

Post by FooBar »

I decided it was time to upgrade my "New Tram Tracks". And so I did.

"New Tram Tracks" will henceforth be known as "FooBar's Tram Tracks", as they aren't really new any more. Most notable changes are added OpenGFX support (including OpenGFX+ Landscape), slightly wider tracks and that this is now GPL'ed! Complete changelog below.

I hope you enjoy this as much as New Tram Tracks, one of the top 10 downloaded NewGRFs at this time!

Changelog:
Version 1.0.0
- Feature: OpenGFX support
- Feature: OpenGFX+ Landscape support
- Feature: Parameter GUI for OpenTTD
- Feature: brown and grey ballast
- Feature: manual selection of ballast next to autodetect
- Feature: custom GUI sprites
- Feature: Dutch and German translations
- Codechange: recode in NML
- License change: Now this is GPLv2 and up with souce available at the #openttdcoop DevZone.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FooBar's Tram Tracks

Post by FooBar »

1.0.1 Released

This is a bugfix release of 1.0.0, that fixes some issues with the depots (alignment and missing company colours). There are no other changes.

Due to the DevZone now building "new style grfs", OpenTTD 1.2.0 is required. One should be able however to grab the source and NML 0.2.x to build a version that works in OpenTTD 1.0.0.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Nice :-)

If you want your project to use stable NML (0.2.x currently), add that to the build requirements, like stable OpenGFX does:
http://hg.openttdcoop.org/opengfx/file/ ... d/requires
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Thanks. Personally I'm actually fine with this, but it's good to know :)
I'll see if anybody asks.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'd like to see support for older OpenTTD sets, thank you!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Alright, I've set something up now. I'll await tomorrow's nightlies to see if I've done things correctly, if so I'll make a new release after that.
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Foobar's Tram Tracks version 1.0.1 now Works on OpenTTD Older version, newer version recommended
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

SkiddLow wrote:Foobar's Tram Tracks version 1.0.1 now Works on OpenTTD Older version
I don't think so. You need OpenTTD 1.2.0 for the most recent release of this. The nightly that should work in older OpenTTDs hasn't built yet.
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

When i have Foobars Tram Tracks on its own, it doesnt work, but when i use it with the Suspended Monorail newgrf it uses Foobars Tram Tracks tracks and depot but Suspended Monorail trains WTF
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Those sets are incompatible. Suspended Monorails as well as this set both replace the (default) tram tracks. If you load both, they both try to replace the same thing, which will lead to all sorts of issues.

In this particular case the Suspended Monorails also supply vehicles, which my tram track set doesn't touch. If you change the load order of both sets, you'll get suspended monorails and suspended vehicles. No tram tracks, so you just als well could remove FooBar's Tram Tracks. If you want tram tracks, remove Suspended Monorails and additionaly load a tram vehicle set.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

This set doesn't include any vehicles. You need a Tram vehicle GRF of which the suspended monorail set is. Look up eGRVTS.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

does that explain why i cant even build the tracks if i dont have any tram train mods installed?

I would not recommend using SM to get tram trains because the trains it adds are designed for suspended monorails and hover above the track
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

If you ever noticed, a particular railtype ("normal", electrified, monorails, maglev, anything else fancier introduced by newgrfs), roadtype (normal road and tram tracks), airport, and docks, if there's no vehicle detected that is compatible with them, they are opted out - ie. doesn't appear in-game. Except for some possible various silly bugs and incompatibilites when there's a conflicting newgrfs.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

The vanilla stuff just gets dimmed out, i suppose FTT is removed entirely?

Return to “Graphics Releases”