[OTTD] 2cc TrainSet - The Trains of the world in 2cc

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

What kind of flag should futuristic trains have

UN Flag
46%
Olympic flag
7%
Have a suggested country
15%
No Flag
31%
Other, i've made a post about this
1%

Total votes: 249

michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]2cc TrainSetThe Trains of the world in2cc.Now:2.0B

Post by michael blunck »

Voyager1 wrote:I also use MS Paint because it's so simple and save the file as PNG. After that, I load the file into the Office Photo Editor and just save it as PCX. As I've said and AFAIK, it doesn't change anything except the file format.

The other way, a more complexed one is to load the PNG into Corel or Photoshop and convert it then but that's just an "overkill", like killing a fly with a nuke. :lol:

P.S. I'm a graphic designer so... :D
OMG! Since when were image format conversions a problem at all?

Code: Select all

# irfanview program
IVIEW = c:\programme\iview\i_view32.exe

# rule to make .nfo from .nfx
%.nfo : %.nfx $(INCS)
	$(M4) $< > $@

# rule to make .pcx from .bmp
%.pcx : %.bmp 
	$(IVIEW) $< /convert=$@ 
regards
Michael
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

planetmaker wrote:
Voyager1 wrote:As for the PNG -> PCX conversion...
Just skip it and ask DJNekkid to use a very recent nightly version of grfcodec and to send some regards to Lakie ;-)
Not tested yet, but here is my official "thanx to lakie"-post :D If this works as i hope, codeing just became A LOT easier :D
Member of the
ImageImage
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I had my share of "disagreements" with Irfan so... :lol: Just bad experience, I guess.

The same thing goes for my "native" programs like Corel and Photoshop. Some things that they should do automatically, they manage to screw up sometimes and somehow. And my solution is simple: use the computer but don't really trust in it and do it manually. :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wikipedia photo

I did fit it into the template, color palette should be okay (used your template file).
But I'm not totally happy with the template itself. In this particular case, the _ view sprite was a pixel too short for me :P
Attachments
Chicago L Northwest Elevated 1907 stock
Chicago L Northwest Elevated Railroad 1907 (United States).png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Purno, I just realized nobody answered your question about the depot sprite. Go one page up on this thread and find DJ Nekkid's post with your and my sprites side to side. There is my depot sprite, as DJ Nekkid likes it... :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Purno wrote:Wikipedia photo

I did fit it into the template, color palette should be okay (used your template file).
But I'm not totally happy with the template itself. In this particular case, the _ view sprite was a pixel too short for me :P
Because the __ view should not be more then 32px wide :D

And the depot view:
Powertype icon to the right, then 2px of blue, then flag, then as much train you can fit in the rest :D
Member of the
ImageImage
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

My next assignment, just if someone cares... :D

http://vagon.metro.ru/passenger/81-740.html
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager1 wrote:Purno, I just realized nobody answered your question about the depot sprite. Go one page up on this thread and find DJ Nekkid's post with your and my sprites side to side. There is my depot sprite, as DJ Nekkid likes it... :D
Hmm... now I'm even more confused. Did the depot sprites get longer (width) since I last drew stuff? :P
The tracktype icon is all the way to the right, then 2 pix space and a flag, then another 2 pix space between the flag and the train.
I see I need to redo my depot sprite as I only kept 1 pix space between the flag and the train, however, DJ Nekkid's template depot sprite is a lot larger than those in the flag making template. What is the depot sprite's width nowadays?
DJ Nekkid wrote:Because the __ view should not be more then 32px wide :D
Not entirely true. In this case, it's 33 pix with a buffer on each side. When coupled, the buffers will overlap and only 1 pix space will be between the coaches. However, when not coupled (railbus) it still shows a buffer on both sides. A trick I commonly use with MUs. It ends up that the whole train is usually a pixel too long, which so far hasn't caused major glitches.

Now tell me how I'm supposed to do that with 32 pix width? :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Use 31 px as I do. :D

The flag template has the wrong length for depot sprites. Use the MU template or the engine template, those are correct.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager1 wrote:Use 31 px as I do. :D
Okies, I'm massively confused now :P I've been away for too long :P

_ view sprites are drawn 32 pix away from each other, aren't they? That'd mean that using 31 pix would leave a 1 pix gap between each coach.
The flag template has the wrong length for depot sprites. Use the MU template or the engine template, those are correct.
So 87 pix width it is then. :)
Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

87 px is OK. :D

As for those 32-33-31 px, I don't completely get the stuff either. DJ Nekkid has told me it's just a matter of alignment of your drawing inside the transparency boxes in the template. Notice my sprites for the T1000 are 7/8 in length and aligned in the boxes accordingly. That's just it, that's the trick. At least I've been told so. :)
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Or to define the alignment within the transparency boxes:

1st sprite - going up - aligned to the bottom
2nd sprite - going up+right - aligned to the right and 1px up for every 2px distance from the left side
3rd sprite - going right - aligned to the right
4th sprite - going down+right - aligned down and right
5th sprite - going down - aligned to the top
6th sprite - going down+left - aligned down and left
7th sprite - going left - aligned to the left
8th sprite - going up+let - aligned to the left and 1px up for every 2px distance from the right side
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Depot sprites updated.
Attachments
Chicago L Northwest Elevated Railroad 1907 (United States).png (8.69 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Oslo Metro T1000 in 2cc
Oslo Metro T1000 in 2cc
template OS T1000.png (4.11 KiB) Viewed 1566 times
Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

Voyager1 wrote:Or to define the alignment within the transparency boxes:

1st sprite - going up - aligned to the bottom
2nd sprite - going up+right - aligned to the right and 1px up for every 2px distance from the left side
3rd sprite - going right - aligned to the right
4th sprite - going down+right - aligned down and right
5th sprite - going down - aligned to the top
6th sprite - going down+left - aligned down and left
7th sprite - going left - aligned to the left
8th sprite - going up+let - aligned to the left and 1px up for every 2px distance from the right side
Spot on mate :D
Purno wrote: Depot sprites updated.
Good job :D

Now all you have to do is make a "ticket" on 2cc bug/feature tracker:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/2cctrainset

not sure if you have an account, but if you dont, make one :D Then you make a "new issue" with "feature" as the tracker (on the top). That way the .png/pcx isnt "lost" on the forum, in my PM-box or wherever :D
Member of the
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

DJ Nekkid wrote: Good job :D

Now all you have to do is make a "ticket" on 2cc bug/feature tracker:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/2cctrainset

not sure if you have an account, but if you dont, make one :D Then you make a "new issue" with "feature" as the tracker (on the top). That way the .png/pcx isnt "lost" on the forum, in my PM-box or wherever :D
Created an account, added the T1000 sprites to the existing issue, added the Chicago L to a new issue, and took the opportunity to report some bugs too xD
Image Image
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

awsome mate :D
Member of the
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Is there any up-to-date list of vehicles included, including introduction date and (hopefully) the country/region it comes from?

I kinda need such list because there seems to be more trains included than I thought (and I don't want double work done again :P), and I want to see where there are gaps to be filled.
Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Just load the latest nightly and see what else is in... In game, go to a depot, open a purchase menu and filter them by ID code and the latest included ones should be down last, just above the wagon's section.

Or take the Excel spreadsheet from the 2cc repository, any included engine must have data in that file.

AFAIK, there are something like 20-25 new engines since the version 1.0.1.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm sorry, I don't know how to deal with this repository. It confuses me :P
I can't find any excel file, apart from a few which date back about a year.
I haven't found the nightly version either :P

I'm afraid I have to be extremely nooby and ask you how I get to these files :P
Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Wait a second online and I'll post it here... :D
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”