Romania in OpenTTD

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Romania in OpenTTD

Post by Batti5 »

Romanian Train Set

Hi, this is a project to create a "Romanian Train Set" for TTDPatch & OpenTTD and maybe a Romanian Station Set
I have created already a few stripes, and i got some from others, but i can`t do all, for this project to prospare, i need your support, of corse if your interested
if some work gets done you can download the grf from this post or the Romtrain wiki
View the Romanian Train Set wiki called Romtrain page to see what is need to be done at this link: http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/Romtrain

Announcement the Romanian Train Set (RTS) by Batti5 and Road Vehicles in Romania (RVR) by Cudar is planing a co-operation.
This Topic whill be well be the comun project base if the two authors aggree on It.
Plus: do to a change in the plans, the RTS set will only be avalabile in OpenTTD, thill future plan change.
Wish to earn some money for free just by viewing some advertisment? Click this banner for more info.
It is Legal.
Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Romania in OpenTTD

Post by Batti5 »

The first Part of the Romanian Train Set is here,

The LE 5100 Class 41
Romtrain_v0.1_le5100cl41w.GRF
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 946 times
Wish to earn some money for free just by viewing some advertisment? Click this banner for more info.
It is Legal.
Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Batti5 »

Feedback is welcome.
NukeBuster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NukeBuster »

You should think about uploading the grf to BANANAS. You'll most certainly get some downloads then.
NukeBuster

Transport Empire: The Transport Empire Linux effort
Join the Transport Empire IRC channel: [url]irc://irc.oftc.net/transportempire[/url] !

OpenTTD patch(es): Password at join
Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Batti5 »

But if i upload, how i upload the next version?
It is Legal.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

By giving it a higher version number. Otherwise exactly the same way
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I had a brief look at it. Looks like a nice engine :). It has still a few alignment issues IMHO:
Oberheim Transport, 05-04-1970.png
Oberheim Transport, 05-04-1970.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 25244 times
the train seems slightly off to the lower left and a bit too detached from the wagon
Oberheim Transport, 01-04-1970.png
Oberheim Transport, 01-04-1970.png (9.45 KiB) Viewed 25243 times
the train seems slightly off to the lower left and kind crashing into the wagon
Oberheim Transport, 08-04-1970.png
Oberheim Transport, 08-04-1970.png (6.69 KiB) Viewed 25251 times
seems like the engine could use one or two pixels more space between itself and the wagon.
Cudar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cudar »

I code the grf, and Batti5 draws. First time I coded train. I correct the mistakes in the next version. :wink: Thanks the observation!
And I am working on the first bus. The road vehicles in Romania redrawing project started (redrawing 5 vehicles, not published yet)
KG Studios Cudar (latest news about RVR) - Romania in OTTD tt-forums topic - Romania in OTTD website - RomTrain Graphics
Creator of the Road Vehicles in Romania set
ImageImage
Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Batti5 »

[Info] The RomTrain web page Updated [Link: http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/Romtrain]
It is Legal.
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

I want to help too! i'm from romania and i am a good 3d modeller, si i think i can help. my question is: do you plan to do some road vehicles too?

also on this trainset we should make the subways found in Bucharest too!
Cudar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cudar »

Yes, we do road vehicles too. I'm developing them: Road vehicles in Romania. But I don't know what to say about subways... If you could encode subways, you would be able to code trams, and you should make trams, because they are more general then the subways (the subways are only in Bucharest). If you want to help me in drawing I let you, or if you have nice ideas, I listen to them. I knew that you would help use (I knew that you are from Romania). :wink:
KG Studios Cudar (latest news about RVR) - Romania in OTTD tt-forums topic - Romania in OTTD website - RomTrain Graphics
ImageImage
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

ok my idea about the subways is simple. replace monorail or maglev with a metro line newgrf (that has a third, red electrified rail on the bottom. AFAIK something like this is already made?). i might give the subways a go if you wish.

another idea, after we finish the busses/trucks and trains: we should try making some buildings too. but this in a next episode i guess.
Last edited by Dopefish_lives on 10 Mar 2009 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Cudar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cudar »

If you're able to make the subways, do it! Somebody already tried it. Here is the topic somewhere on the forum...
ImageImage
Batti5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Batti5 »

[Info] The RomTrain web page Updated [Link: http://wiki.openttd.org/wiki/index.php/Romtrain]
It is Legal.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Dopefish_lives wrote:AFAIK something like this is already made?
Yes, the metro track set is available from the content server and replaces monorail with a third rail powered railroad. Third rail is not red but yellow though.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

FooBar wrote:
Dopefish_lives wrote:AFAIK something like this is already made?
Yes, the metro track set is available from the content server and replaces monorail with a third rail powered railroad. Third rail is not red but yellow though.
Or at the website of the 2ccSet which can be found via GRFCrawler or Linkage. All links you need are in my signature (feels good to be able to say that quite frequently :mrgreen: )
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

here is is: ASTRA Subway. years active: 1977 - present.
max speed 80-100km/h.
this sould be articulated like metro camel DMU for example. front of the train is the locomotive. they sould only be added two at the time. optimal number of wagons: 6. capacity: 160 pasangers per wagon.

can you guys please get me hints on how i should render this to fit tycoon's engine? thanks!
Attachments
astra_metrou_1.jpg
astra_metrou_1.jpg (137.22 KiB) Viewed 24123 times
Last edited by Dopefish_lives on 18 Mar 2009 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

In general the original TT sprite sizes are too small to have vehicles rendered. We've done experiments with that in the past. When you'd have rendered one of these trains, you'd still need to pixel-paint to improve the sprites. Usually drawing them for scratch gives the best result, IMO.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

hell, i don't know if drawing them for scratch is an option. there's gotta be ANOTHER way!
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Dopefish_lives wrote:hell, i don't know if drawing them for scratch is an option. there's gotta be ANOTHER way!
Meybe there could be use for them in the extra zoom levels thread. They are really gorgeous :)

Return to “Graphics Development”