Problems with my game...

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Problems with my game...

Post by SAC »

Well, while installing a later nightly due to a new feature I needed to test out, I somehow accidentally managed to accept and install a previous version of the patch, something that screwed up my settings. When loading my game I receive this error message;

Warning; Game uses some features of the TTD Patch that are disabled or not present in this version. Data may be lost. ID: 0x8011.

I can load a game but if saving it and trying to reopen it, my game crashes to desktop. Can anyone help me solving this issue? I've attached crash logs and configs below;
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problems with my game...

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:... I somehow accidentally managed to accept and install a previous version of the patch, something that screwed up my settings. When loading my game I receive this error message;

Warning; Game uses some features of the TTD Patch that are disabled or not present in this version. Data may be lost. ID: 0x8011.
Hi SAC! How are you, besides somewhat frustrated? :wink:
Your game was created with a newer version of the patch than the one you downloaded. The older one that you downloaded does not have the features of the version that you used to create your game. Try getting the latest version of the TTDPatch nightlies and see what happens. 8)

OOPS! My bad ... You are already using r2066 ... The crash log says the problem is with George's LV4 ... try turning it off before loading your game.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It's unrelated to the crash, as far as I can tell, but in r1989, the limit of objects per game (I think) was raised from 256 to 400, and the old size just won't be loaded.

The crash seems to be George's fault; it happens in his CB34 (autoreplace) code.

Without a save, no one can do much. If for some reason the save can't be distributed, the output of "cht:grfdebug 1 1 255 52" will also be illuminating. Place the sign a couple game days before the crash.
Last edited by DaleStan on 28 Oct 2008 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Thanks Wally! :P

But what's the problem with LV4? I've been using it with no problems whatsoever before, until now. Is it due to the nightly I use, or does it have to do with some settings I had and that I managed to screw up when accidentally installing a previous patch?

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SAC wrote:Thanks Wally! :P

But what's the problem with LV4? I've been using it with no problems whatsoever before, until now. Is it due to the nightly I use, or does it have to do with some settings I had and that I managed to screw up when accidentally installing a previous patch?
I don't know if you missed it, but go back a couple of posts in this thread and follow DaleStan's suggestions. :wink:
Also, if George notices this, perhaps he has something to add. It might be a good idea to send him a PM.

Oh yes ... one more thing ... After you run the debug for DaleStan, try setting autoreplace=off

@DaleStan Does this look familiar? http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=31306
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Hmmm, never noticed the reply from you Dalestan, but here's the saved game anyways;

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”