Hello

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Ryanfaescotland
Engineer
Engineer

Hello

Post by Ryanfaescotland »

Hello everyone,

I know a lot of people hate 'Hello' threads and if your one of them you might aswell stop reading now since by this point you've already got the jist of the topic.

Well I'm Ryan, 22, and a long time fan of Transport Tycoon. First played it freeking years ago and played it on and off every couple of months since. And some point I lost my CD of it which was really annoying but it did lead me to find a downloadable version and the very cool TTDPatch. Haven't played any of the other versions/games that this forum mentions and probably never will since I am now an old man and stuck in my ways.

I gave hacking the saves a little try a couple of months ago but couldn't work out the checksum algorithim and the only documentation I could find of it online didn't work but that was probably my Visual Basic coding and not the guide itself. Since then I've gave up trying but might take it up again over the summer holidays although I'm finding just playing the game to be more enjoyable just now.

I found this forum through the Web Ring which I found through Owen's Site which I found through Google. The Web Ring is full of pretty rubbish pages the regurgate the same information over and over again so if anyone knows any useful pages I'd appreciate them. Something I'm particularly interested in is what the computer counts as the distance over which goods have been transported goods but I'll get into that another time.

Anyway feel free to raise your post count by just typing Hi, Hello, What up G or whatever your equvalent is or if you really feel saucy you could try responding to some of my points. Hell it's your response type what you want.

Ryan

PS I'm from Scotland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you ever feel you may be taking life just a little too seriously?
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hello

Post by Griff »

What up G
Ukončete, prosím, výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Alreet, welcome and all that, at least your 'hello' thread consisted of more than a couple of words and a smilie! As for the different versions of Transport Tycoon, you've really got the choice betweent he originals, TTDPatch and OpenTTD. OTTD and TTDP are quite similar, in that they both offer greatly expanded features and new graphics, mostly comes down to personal preference.

Enjoy your stay :P

Oh, Griff, when did you turn black, or into Tim Westwood?
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

:o What makes you think I'm not a black man?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Ryan From Scotland.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Griff wrote::o What makes you think I'm not a black man?
Everything :P Mainly the fact that I grew up in Cumbria and as such don't expect anyone to be black.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Dave

Post by Dave »

beeb375 wrote:
Griff wrote::o What makes you think I'm not a black man?
Everything :P Mainly the fact that I grew up in Cumbria and as such don't expect anyone to be black.
Always good reasoning.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ryanfaescotland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ryanfaescotland »

beeb375 wrote:Alreet, welcome and all that, at least your 'hello' thread consisted of more than a couple of words and a smilie! As for the different versions of Transport Tycoon, you've really got the choice betweent he originals, TTDPatch and OpenTTD. OTTD and TTDP are quite similar, in that they both offer greatly expanded features and new graphics, mostly comes down to personal preference.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of hello threads but I still make them since it's...well... polite I guess rather than just adding my 2 cents worth straight to a conversation so I try to add something substantial.

I read up on OpenTTD and it sounds good and I'm well impressed that someone went to all the work to convert the original into C or C++, I noticed from Wikipedia that it is Symbian S60 compatible so I may try and put it on my phone at some point but I imagin it'd be too battery hogging.

Oh and I'm white incase that's an issue :wink:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you ever feel you may be taking life just a little too seriously?
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Well of course you are, there's no black people in Scotland either...

This casual faux lack of racial awareness will get me in trouble one day. I should probably point out that I have a few Indian friends and a few arabs too. But no blacks, damn...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Welcome to the forums Ryanfromscotland, presumably from Scotland. May I the first to invite you to "get down with your bad self" and start "busting" some "moves", here in the forums.
Ryanfromscotland wrote:Oh and I'm white incase that's an issue :wink:
Good! We're all BNP members here.

(I jest, I jest.)
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

It is an issue then that I'm a black Jewish homosexual?

Ah nuts, the pictures I just posted kinda prove I'm not black...damn.
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

I take issue with you being a jewish homosexual. GTFO. Nah I'm just kiddin', you're alright.

Name that Futurama character.
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

There are some black African Jewish people who got accepted into Israel under the Right to Return, but a black African Jewish homosexual people? Sounds like the kind of guy the government would love to put on a poster promoting cultural diversity ;)
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Griff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Griff »

JameiLei wrote:There are some black African Jewish people who got accepted into Israel under the Right to Return, but a black African Jewish homosexual people? Sounds like the kind of guy the government would love to put on a poster promoting cultural diversity ;)
Would this guy on the poster just be standing there? or would be be involved in....activities, to stress the point?
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

You're causing me to worry about your fetishes Griff.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

beeb375 wrote:I take issue with you being a jewish homosexual. GTFO. Nah I'm just kiddin', you're alright.

Name that Futurama character.
Flexo, a bending unit with a slightly evil beard.
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
JamieLei
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JamieLei »

Badger wrote:Flexo, a bending unit with a slightly evil beard.
I thought it was a slightly stylish beard!
Any opinions expressed are purely mine and not that of any employer, past or present.
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

JameiLei wrote:
Badger wrote:Flexo, a bending unit with a slightly evil beard.
I thought it was a slightly stylish beard!
Sinister then maybe?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Bingo, hit me up when the year 3000 rolls round, and I'll sort you out a trip to New New York. Don't say I'm not a generous man.

Return to “Off-Topic”