roest's patch pack v9 (r13019)

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

roest's patch pack v9 (r13019)

Post by Roest »

This is just my personal patch pack. It contains stuff i like or did myself to see how things work. I share it so people who like to play with YAPP or copy&paste can also play and test the latest trunk and give me feedback on my patches. I'll keep this up to current trunk and maybe add interesting patches as long as i don't lose interest in ottd.

Right now it contains:

YAPP v7
Copy&Paste (you need the copypaste.grf from that thread)
Better Graphs
drag'n'drop land purchase
Shape Towns DayLength
Distant-join-stations
New GRF gui
Minimum Town Distance
middle stop (trains shorter than the station stop at the middle of the platform)
Timetables
Quick Goto
Routing Restriction
Advanced Terraform
Filter by Cargo
Close Airports

extra patch with
pax dest (will not work in multiplayer)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Old save games and scenarios will not work. Chances are even save games from earlier versions of this patch pack
will not work. Due to the nature of these patches and their untested coexistence the game may crash. Use at your own risk.
Attachments
patchpack_v9_r13019_paxdest.patch
(760.1 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
patchpack_v9_r13019.zip
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 1005 times
Last edited by Roest on 21 May 2008 07:25, edited 40 times in total.
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: yet another...err...my patch pack (r12762)

Post by Roest »

Windows binary with pax dest here
Attachments
patchpack_v9_r13019_paxdest.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 643 times
Last edited by Roest on 09 May 2008 08:25, edited 2 times in total.
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

I added daylength to it and tested it. It created like 4 autosaves per minute. Is that a known behavior?
zypa
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by zypa »

You can change the autosave behaviour.
In the game settings.

Old std is: "once per month"
with the daylengh patch it is once per day. With daylengh = 1 that is really much.
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

Ok i added it to the first post. Didn't update the binary tho.
zypa
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by zypa »

I'd be really nice if someone would upload a binary of the v2 patch :)
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

zypa wrote:I'd be really nice if someone would upload a binary of the v2 patch :)
and i keep on adding. You even get v3 with distant-join-stations :)
satosphere
Engineer
Engineer

Post by satosphere »

Thank you.
Thank you.

I have been waiting for somebody to put both Yapp, distant join stations together.
Talent does what it can.
Genius What it must
Merlon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Merlon »

I always liked the New/Better graphs present in a previous patchpack, but I'd almost forgotten about their usefulness. Thanks for updating and sharing!

If it's not asking too much, would it be possible to include the Timetable based separation patch and RouteMarkers patch? They're quite handy for keeping your mainline evenly loaded while automatically sorting the slow freighttraffic into seperate lanes to let expresstrains by.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Persoally I'd opt for the minimum distance between towns patch :) Saves having clumps of towns 3 tiles apart
otherwise, awesome :)
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Nice to see an up-to-date pack again! However a few things... It would be nice if you linked to the patch-threads in the 1st post, makes it easy to jump around and read about the different patches. Also would be nice if you could add an on/off if there are some patches I dont like/wanne use in the pack. And last but not least, if you update any of the patches, would be really really nice if you could post the updated patches somewhere, especially for those of us who wants to make our own build with just some of the patches used here. Besides that, nice work! Hope you keep it up for a long time, many have been missing it since Gonozal stopped updating his pack!
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

Trond wrote:Nice to see an up-to-date pack again! However a few things... It would be nice if you linked to the patch-threads in the 1st post, makes it easy to jump around and read about the different patches.

I never figured out how to make stuff linked with these boards. Other than the standard url tag and that looks ugly. Maybe it's url="something", i gonna try that some day.
Trond wrote:Also would be nice if you could add an on/off if there are some patches I dont like/wanne use in the pack.
What do you mean? My patches usually have that option. Adding it for every other patch is too much work.
Trond wrote:And last but not least, if you update any of the patches, would be really really nice if you could post the updated patches somewhere, especially for those of us who wants to make our own build with just some of the patches used here.
What i did was adding every patch to a build and not bringing every single patch to a recent rev first. That's a big mess now and will make future updating harder. I plan to redo it from scratch later today.
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

I think:

Code: Select all

[url=http://url.com]text[/url]
works like this

I understand your views as it is kinda hard I guess, atleast for me with limited coding skills.

Good luck on the updating :)
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Roest »

Merlon wrote:I always liked the New/Better graphs present in a previous patchpack, but I'd almost forgotten about their usefulness. Thanks for updating and sharing!

If it's not asking too much, would it be possible to include the Timetable based separation patch and RouteMarkers patch? They're quite handy for keeping your mainline evenly loaded while automatically sorting the slow freighttraffic into seperate lanes to let expresstrains by.
Those two patches a pretty ancient too. However you might get this one.
razielanarki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by razielanarki »

actually the timetable based separation patch is quite easy to integrate and works better in my opinion, for r12630 (besides resolving conflicts with tortoisemerge) i only had to change direct member accesses to getters in two instances because two members of the order class got flagged as private since the patch was released

maybe i should try and update the diff to a more recent build when i'll have some spare time later

edit: (i hope magicbuzz doesnt mind but) i've updated his patch to r12784.
should i post it here or bump its own thread from page 3?
sickie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sickie »

I'd say it's better if you bump his post, so others interested in it, but not interested with this yet another patch pack, will see the update.
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

razielanarki wrote:actually the timetable based separation patch is quite easy to integrate and works better in my opinion
What works better about it? I can't change anything if no-one tells me what they want to change...
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
Roest
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: yet another...err...my patch pack (r12784)

Post by Roest »

updated to 12784, now with minimum town distance and middle stop
razielanarki
Engineer
Engineer

Post by razielanarki »

Maedhros wrote: What works better about it? I can't change anything if no-one tells me what they want to change...
nothing seroius, i think it just comes down to personal taste :)
yours exchanges automatic separation for more fine grained contol, which i dont need usually
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: yet another...err...my patch pack (r12784)

Post by Toni Babelony »

Roest wrote:updated to 12784, now with minimum town distance and middle stop
I rest my case. Now I can die in peace :) Marvellous choices kind Sir!
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”