double decker train carriages

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

double decker train carriages

Post by Grandmaster »

If it is not to hard, can somebody make double decker train carriages for Maglev and other trains so you have a choice of setting your train up with normal or double decker carriages with the appropriate capacity for passengers. Also the time it will cost for passengers to get in or out of a double decker train must be longer.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: double decker train carriages

Post by DJ Nekkid »

if you draw the graphics can i code it for you :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grandmaster »

If i knew how to draw it, i would draw a complete maglev set, but i don't. I don't even know what programs you need to draw such a set. I don't think you can just draw the sets in paint.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

well, to be honest, that is actually what most people do, draw in paint :)
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

You should consider checking out Purno's fine drawing tutorial, if you want to learn how to draw for ttd. It worked for me.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I only draw in Paint (free), Paint.net (free) or occasionally The GIMP (free). As long as you stick to the pallette (note the company colours) and the right sprite dimensions it should be easy to code...
Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grandmaster »

Ok. So paint it is. So I'm going to learn how to draw a correct set with the help of Purno's fine drawing tutorial. Thanks for the link Foobar, and then if it looks good i will need a coder to code the specs. But i don't think my drawings are complete before 2007 ends because i have to work all the way to January 2.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

well, the code is _almost_ finished, with a crappy sprite... just need some finetuning.
Member of the
ImageImage
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

figured out my flaw, but now it is actually working, it's butt ugly, and not pretty, and things, but it's a double decker wagon, with 80 passangers fitted into a steel can :)
Attachments
doubledecker.grf
(697 Bytes) Downloaded 478 times
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 31 Dec 2007 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the
ImageImage
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Good work, your first grf is always the hardest!
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

well, it were my second, or first-and-a-half or something... had the MX-3000 made, but not coded by myself...
Member of the
ImageImage
Grandmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Grandmaster »

I have tested it a bit and besides the looks :) there is 1 thing what must be changed. The price of buying the double decker rail wagon. At the moment it is cheaper then the single deck rail wagon and that can't be right. The 80 people limit per car seems plausible.
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

updated with new price, it is as high as i can atm, tho only 1500$

lakie: if you read this: how can i set the price higher then ff? (action 0 property 17 is at FF)
Last edited by DJ Nekkid on 31 Dec 2007 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the
ImageImage
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Grandmaster wrote:The 80 people limit per car seems plausible.
100 people is even possible. In the Netherlands a DD-AR carriage can have 108 places to sitdown + 16 flipoverbenches. Not to mention when in rushhour people can also stand up if all the sitting spaces are used. So I think approx. 150 people can travel in one of those carriages max. :)
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

in norway do the new subway trains have a capacity of 165 ppl including standing up spaces,per car. But this one were ment for a maglev train, and standing up on a inter city 650kmh train is unsuitable imho...
Member of the
ImageImage
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Unsuitable it is.... stoping such a train with people standing in it would be... eventful...
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

Mr. X wrote:100 people is even possible. In the Netherlands a DD-AR carriage can have 108 places to sitdown + 16 flipoverbenches. Not to mention when in rushhour people can also stand up if all the sitting spaces are used. So I think approx. 150 people can travel in one of those carriages max. :)
Given that I've seen 5 people riding in a toilet (there are two toilets per car), and corridors so full that train staff didn't bother checking tickets (in Poland tickets are validated during the travel), I suppose that 150 is not really an exaggerated number... And yes... this was long distance train.

And there are places where it gets even worse:
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I wish OpenTTD made a distinction between sitting down and standing up tickets. :)
#################
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Mchl wrote:
Mr. X wrote:100 people is even possible. In the Netherlands a DD-AR carriage can have 108 places to sitdown + 16 flipoverbenches. Not to mention when in rushhour people can also stand up if all the sitting spaces are used. So I think approx. 150 people can travel in one of those carriages max. :)
Given that I've seen 5 people riding in a toilet (there are two toilets per car), and corridors so full that train staff didn't bother checking tickets (in Poland tickets are validated during the travel), I suppose that 150 is not really an exaggerated number... And yes... this was long distance train.

Picture shows how you can put 250+ people in one wagon. :P
Jupix wrote:I wish OpenTTD made a distinction between sitting down and standing up tickets. :)
But that doesn't add to realism since I never seen tickets for standing passengers. Or my knowledge of foreign trains is limited. :P
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

Mr. X wrote:
Mchl wrote:

Picture shows how you can put 250+ people in one wagon. :P
I would like to see that on a 650 km/h maglev train :)

Return to “Graphics Development”