My resignation

Discuss a Transport Tycoon-like game being programmed by forum users.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

My resignation

Post by Hyronymus »

Today I decided to resign from Transport Empire. Despite the effort of many people this project just doesn't want to take off. I will remove myself from the TE project page on SourceForge and I'll ask Owen to remove me from the TE Dev and Mod groups too.

I hope TE will someday be coded and no doubt I'll give it a try. Good luck to those who will continu on this project.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

uzurpator wrote:Development is on hold again :/ mY laptop (second computer) got total system crash, and until I fix it i cannot do anything :/

anyhow - I know where the crash occurs with the 'abnormal termination' problem. Fix in progress.
Uzurpator was having computer problems and as he's the only developer, that means no progress for the time being. When will you have a new / repaired rig Uzu?
Inquisitor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Inquisitor »

Today I decided to resign from Transport Empire
And, imho, good for you and the whole TE. Project leader should have some idea, picture of what his "child" should be. You obviously lacked it.
You may hate me for what I wrote. Sorry, no offence. I didn't mean to be rude. I merely look at this project with an eye of the observer. And from my pov, it looked like main dev couldn't get the team together and point the direction. So, it started to fall apart...
Anyways, good luck with new path in your life.
Nice topic for 1st post on this forum, don't you think? :roll:
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Inquisitor wrote:
Today I decided to resign from Transport Empire
And, imho, good for you and the whole TE. Project leader should have some idea, picture of what his "child" should be. You obviously lacked it.
You may hate me for what I wrote. Sorry, no offence. I didn't mean to be rude. I merely look at this project with an eye of the observer. And from my pov, it looked like main dev couldn't get the team together and point the direction. So, it started to fall apart...
Anyways, good luck with new path in your life.
Nice topic for 1st post on this forum, don't you think? :roll:
I guess it all comes down to what you prefer to call nice. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not impressed nor shocked. Nosce te ipsum.
Inquisitor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Inquisitor »

I'm not dissapointed. :) To all men in the world come time to leave something behind and move on to better and more prospective things. I simply congratulated you (in my own twisted way) for recognizing this moment.
Nosce te ipsum
"Know your enemy" would be better in this situation I think... :wink:
Don't take it seriously - it was supposed to be ironic.
I O U 1 :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Do you have any idea how much effort Hyronymus put in this project?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Inquisitor wrote:Don't take it seriously - it was supposed to be ironic.
Today seems to be the day that I have to tell everyone the difference between sarcasm, irony and cynism. Please check the definitions of those style elements, Inquisitor.

Now on to you Purno. Thanks for the long-term analysis of my endavours. It's strange that efforts that didn't succeed are often regarded as no effort at all. Perhaps that's the price for not being succesful.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I'm still here though.
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Arathorn wrote:
uzurpator wrote:Development is on hold again :/ mY laptop (second computer) got total system crash, and until I fix it i cannot do anything :/

anyhow - I know where the crash occurs with the 'abnormal termination' problem. Fix in progress.
Uzurpator was having computer problems and as he's the only developer, that means no progress for the time being. When will you have a new / repaired rig Uzu?
My regular rig should be back and running as soon as I get replacement mainboard under warranty. Should take max 2 weeks.

I got laptop back online, so I'll try to re-setup the environment. I'm gone for vacations for a week tho - so earliest I can get something done is next week anyways.

Hyro:

Usually I abstain from such threads. But here you get my standard canned response.

Ok, Bye.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

It is a shame to part from a project you have given so much time to, but I hope you look back and think of how much effort you put in vs how much tangible progress was achieved and use it as a lesson in future endeavours.

TE is still vapourware. :(
Open source tycoon games
--
Free Gamer - open source and Free Software games
FreeGameDev forums - open source game development community
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

charlieg wrote:It is a shame to part from a project you have given so much time to, but I hope you look back and think of how much effort you put in vs how much tangible progress was achieved and use it as a lesson in future endeavours.

TE is still vapourware. :(
I will, charlieg although I doubt I'll ever end up in a new software project again.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

You'll find working with people to be fairly the same everywhere. Probably easier, open-source software projects often suffer of long lines between developers and programmers are often not the easiest people to work with. :wink:
But we'll see you around, it's not like you're leaving TT-forums isn't it?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: My resignation

Post by Hyronymus »

How's TE coming along since I resigned? I haven't seen much news around here lately, nor do I think this section draws a lot of attention.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

It all depends on Uzurpator. Haven't heard anything from him for a long time. I hope he didn't do a hellfire on our asses.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:I haven't seen much news around here lately
I haven't seen any news at all lately. Project seems pretty dead after you left.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

the previous post before you asked on news in this thread was the latest :|
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

That's a big shame. It seemed to be coming along nicely too.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

GamerZ wrote:That's a big shame. It seemed to be coming along nicely too.
Ehm... TE never seemed to come along nicely.
Image Image
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

What I meant was that there seemed to be some actual development going on... before that all I saw was lots of planning.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Te is going along nicely, altho the speed has dropped significantly (paywork mostly) lately.
I have sorted out my hardware problems, which took more cost and time then I expected.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.

Return to “General Transport Empire Discussion”