GRF collection

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

DoruHush
Engineer
Engineer

GRF collection

Post by DoruHush »

It would be nice to make grf collections sets that work well together . The sets are already made but binding them together can be tricky .
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: GRF collection

Post by wallyweb »

DoruHush wrote:It would be nice to make grf collections sets that work well together . The sets are already made but binding them together can be tricky .
Making a grf collection can be tricky too.
The problem is that many of the sets evolve over time, especially as the patch itself is developed and evolved. Depending upon the time available to a set's author(s), some sets do not evolve quite as rapidly as others. Maintaining such a collection would be quite a chore, especially when one takes into consideration our real life responsibilities.

If you have a collection of grf's that work well together, then by all means post them. I am sure we would all like to see what works for you. However, be sure to include the version numbers of the grf's, just in case they change, and be sure to include which patch version your collection works well with. :wink:
DoruHush
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DoruHush »

Unfortunately I post this topic by mistake in this section .
I use OTTD and the topic was for that version.
The suggestions you made are very true . I try to do just that but not for TTD. As for this post what should I do leave it here or move it to the OTTD suggestions?
Thank you for the suggestions.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

its the same thing, just some of them dont work in OTTD
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DoruHush wrote:Unfortunately I post this topic by mistake in this section .
I use OTTD and the topic was for that version.
The suggestions you made are very true . I try to do just that but not for TTD. As for this post what should I do leave it here or move it to the OTTD suggestions?
Thank you for the suggestions.
I would leave this thread here and make another one for OTTD keeping m3henry's post in mind that the same is probably true for both games. A moderator however may have different thoughts, so if you post in the OTTD section, be sure to include a link to this thread.

Return to “Suggestions”