"Global" local authority

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

PeterB
Engineer
Engineer

"Global" local authority

Post by PeterB »

How about a sign cheat for local authority actions, to affect all towns on the map, such as

cht:statue - to build a statue in all towns,

cht:buildings - to fund new buildings in all towns,

cht:roads - to do roadwork everywhere,

just to save the tedious opening of town list, scrolling the town list, then opening two town windows, scrolling the list, and clicking the "do it" button.

edit: I notice Josef already has something like this in his to do list, "not so urgent" section.

http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/todonow.txt

- Cht: GlobalAd 0..2, does Small..Large ad campaign at all stations not
only close to a city
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

I didn't know about the 'not so important list'... but reading this topic gave me an idea.
A sign cheat that allows you to change the local authorities opinion of you - poor, apalling, and all the others.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

I believe the second post is a good sugestion. Dev's comments?

However the first post is not so good IMO. There is no real need nor want of those kind of cheats IMO. I think that having a Global Local Authority is a good suggestion so that no matter where you terraform or remove tree's, you are always affecting an authority. I have long thought that having one central local authority would be better as it could influence other authorities on their decisions. For example, if you have very good services in most of your towns, then the global authority would influence other local authorities into allowing you to do more terraforming etc. as globally, you are a 'popular' company.

EDIT: As far as i know, the todo list is rather out of date.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Dave

Post by Dave »

I personally think there should be a two-tier government system, first local and then national.

We've been through this before though, at some point.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Pookey wrote:I believe the second post is a good sugestion. Dev's comments?

However the first post is not so good IMO. There is no real need nor want of those kind of cheats IMO. I think that having a Global Local Authority is a good suggestion so that no matter where you terraform or remove tree's, you are always affecting an authority. I have long thought that having one central local authority would be better as it could influence other authorities on their decisions. For example, if you have very good services in most of your towns, then the global authority would influence other local authorities into allowing you to do more terraforming etc. as globally, you are a 'popular' company.

EDIT: As far as i know, the todo list is rather out of date.
as dave also said i agree. It wouldnt just be popularity, if you had good ratings in one city and had tracks from its LA to another LA that disliked you, they would be able to tell if you were building a proper route and were going to help them. This would be a mix of a national LA and just the current LA system being more interactive with each other.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

Might be completely impossible unworkable but maybe have each cities Local Authority have a catchment area as it were, that grows and falls with the size of the town, that stretches a certain number of squares out from the towns structural, so say a small village's catchment area would be say 10 - 15 squares from the outer most building, a medium sized town maybe 25 - 35 and so on, all based on population and number of buildings. viewable via a button in the town window, like the station catchment area. With this system they could influence what u build even close to their towns, I know they can stop you building stations, but that is only near to the town or connected industries.

In this way it would also be possible for a Larger Town or Cities catchment area to over take a smaller town/village and govern their decisions for them much like in real life.

Or another way of doing this would be to have Counties, where a certain portion of the map is controlled by a local authority in the Largest town/city in the region. Again borders being visible via a catchment area button.

Can provide pictures or further explanation if desired
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Louie Armstrong wrote:Might be completely impossible unworkable but maybe have each cities Local Authority have a catchment area as it were, that grows and falls with the size of the town, that stretches a certain number of squares out from the towns structural, so say a small village's catchment area would be say 10 - 15 squares from the outer most building, a medium sized town maybe 25 - 35 and so on, all based on population and number of buildings. viewable via a button in the town window, like the station catchment area. With this system they could influence what u build even close to their towns, I know they can stop you building stations, but that is only near to the town or connected industries.

In this way it would also be possible for a Larger Town or Cities catchment area to over take a smaller town/village and govern their decisions for them much like in real life.

Or another way of doing this would be to have Counties, where a certain portion of the map is controlled by a local authority in the Largest town/city in the region. Again borders being visible via a catchment area button.

I believe that something like this already exists. It seems that smaller towns area's don't stretch as far out as large towns in my experience.
Posted by Pookey...

Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Marqhuinos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Marqhuinos »

Louie Armstrong wrote:Might be completely impossible unworkable but maybe have each cities Local Authority have a catchment area as it were, that grows and falls with the size of the town, that stretches a certain number of squares out from the towns structural, so say a small village's catchment area would be say 10 - 15 squares from the outer most building, a medium sized town maybe 25 - 35 and so on, all based on population and number of buildings. viewable via a button in the town window, like the station catchment area. With this system they could influence what u build even close to their towns, I know they can stop you building stations, but that is only near to the town or connected industries.

I Like the idea of towns "taking over" one another. It is indeed how it goes in real life.

But a second sort of goverment overruling the local goverment as in a state or "provincie" or maybe a national goverment, or maybe even a combination of local, state AND a national goverment, would be a nice addition in my opinion.
Regards,
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

how would a state be defined in TTD :?:
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Nextra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Nextra »

I reckon that a good contol of where the state boundry is, should be like the largest town and its nearest 20 towns which create and area the thinks similarly but not exactly the same. Like all of the towns are opposed to you knocking down trees but some want to see buisness improve with your company and might give you an extra rating uprward. Thus we have a border between areas and that the border between two 'state areas' should not have the SAME idea to make some difference between them.
Interested in helping out where ever possible.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

That's another TMWFTLB job. It would be much easier simply to modify the number of trees that towns are willing to let you remove (as a percentage) so that there are slightly smaller penalties for landscaping.
Posted by Pookey...

Dave

Post by Dave »

Isn't the whole map one state?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

yeah. I geuse we could split it up into multiple states but it would be easier to have one main city eg the largest that would be the capital and have smaller cities that have large las taking up smaller suburbs, these could even be suburubs of the main city. Then of course I geuse you could have it a switch for the different countries represented by newgrfs.
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

Dave Worley wrote:Isn't the whole map one state?
That prompted me to realise that that is the probable reason why a 'global authority' is not a viable option; it would involve having "four maps" in one, as robotboy added.
Posted by Pookey...

Return to “Suggestions”