US company headquarters

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

US company headquarters

Post by skidd13 »

I started this to adapt the HQ's to the US Road Set. Now version 0.1 is out. Improvement will go on...

Preview:
  • CREDITS:
  • DropZone - coding
  • OZ - some car graphics
  • Skidd13 - graphics

[OLD]4 hours ago I wondered how I can adapt the headquaters to the US roadset. I got he idea to fit some buildings from Washington (D.C.) in.
Here is my first attempt. Hope you can identify the building. :)
Next building will be the white house.
So the two big HQ's are done. Any suggestions what would fit for the smaller ones?
[/OLD]

Attachments
Lincoln Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
hq.png (5.33 KiB) Viewed 18876 times
ushqs.zip
(30.7 KiB) Downloaded 899 times
Last edited by skidd13 on 22 May 2007 15:41, edited 7 times in total.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Where's the windows in this building?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Purno wrote:Where's the windows in this building?
Hm, in the building are no windows (as far as I can see). Look at the images.
I was never there so correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by skidd13 on 15 Feb 2007 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

Yeah, because it's a memorial. If you want an office-building to look like it, it should have windows.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

doktorhonig wrote:Yeah, because it's a memorial. If you want an office-building to look like it, it should have windows.
It's a headquater, not a large office block. A headquater in my personal point of view is not imperatively a office building. It represents also the identity of the company.
But I'll look how windows will fit in there. ;)

EDIT: Attatched edited version, but I don't like it cause the building looses its personality.
Attachments
hq_windowed.png
hq_windowed.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 18826 times
---
---
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

That's rather small actually. A floor in TTD is usually 7 pixels, IIRC.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

on the top I think the windows should be a bit more like the origional left one
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

m3henry wrote:on the top I think the windows should be a bit more like the origional left one
I agree,but the company color should appear somewhere.
---
---
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

In company terms, HQ means the main office where all administrational work is done. Usually, for small companies, a HQ is a dirty little converted warehouse on some godforsaken industrial estate.

However, for larger and richer companies, the HQ will be in the financial/commercial district of the country's Capital City in a skyscraper.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Born Acorn wrote:In company terms, HQ means the main office where all administrational work is done. Usually, for small companies, a HQ is a dirty little converted warehouse on some godforsaken industrial estate.
I think TTD faithfully recreates that with the first two headquarters appearances - especially the second with the little outhouse.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Update. Changed the roof to the original one. Added windows, cause everybody seems to want them.
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (2.91 KiB) Viewed 18714 times
---
---
csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by csuke »

i like it, but not with the windows

if you're trying to do the memorial then keep it as such, otherwise it's just another office and it's pointless imo

(oh and btw, "everyone" wanting windows is just 2 people, ignore them :P)
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I suppose without windows it would fit a company owner of ill repute = criminal. :D

At first glance I thought this building was a bank replacement! It has no windows, so is high security.

OK. I think it is better to put less windows and make them bigger (2 pixels wide). Also, to my opinion 5 pixels height for each floor is little for a building of this kind = classic. Should be either 6 (=minimum) or 7.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Dave

Post by Dave »

It would make a lovely bank replacement, in my opinion.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

athanasios wrote:I suppose without windows it would fit a company owner of ill repute = criminal. :D
Some of my American neighbours might take exception to their President Lincoln being referred to as of ill repute or criminal. But then some Americans who still harbour Confederacy sympathies might be in agreement. :?
athanasios wrote:for a building of this kind = classic.
Greco-Roman perhaps? :wink:
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

So here is the first try of the white house. Trees are missing. They'll cover the lower floor. Which one is better?

Edit: envrionment will be added too. :)
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (4.27 KiB) Viewed 18440 times
---
---
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

Hello Skidd13!

The Lincoln Memorial Building (without windows) and the upper White House are looking nice. But, as other posters said before: they would be a good replacement for the banks.
Also I think they could be some landmarks for tourists or citybuildings that accepts passangers and mail.

N8king
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

skidd13 wrote:So here is the first try of the white house. Trees are missing. They'll cover the lower floor. Which one is better?

Edit: envrionment will be added too. :)
Definitely the White House is a better choice for a headquarters, much more appropriate. I prefer the first (top) one. If it is to be used as a headquarters, perhaps the flag could be in company colours.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Finished the White House.
The idea is that the memorial is the "biggest" HQ and the White House the HQ before. So you get a memorial after you have been in the White House. ;)
Attachments
hq.png
hq.png (6.52 KiB) Viewed 18401 times
---
---
csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by csuke »

both looking very good

Return to “Graphics Development”