[Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Would you use this set if it had "drive on right" ability?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 127

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Released!] The UK Roadset - 1.1 Released!

Post by Born Acorn »

U.K . . . R O A D S E T
Drawn by Born_Acorn
Coded By Lakie

(Not affilated with DaveWorley's British Roadset)

Now Released! The United Kingdom Roadset for all climates. Downloads at end of this post.
Latest Version 1.1 - Japanset and Ausset landscape support! Drive on right support!

Compatible with:
Pikka's brick viaduct.
Rob's Bridge.
Purno's Bridges.
Apline Climate.

Anyway. Screens.
City:
Town:
Bridges:

And now, Downloads!
Attachments
UKRoadset.zip
(413.74 KiB) Downloaded 2748 times
Last edited by Born Acorn on 30 Jan 2007 17:58, edited 11 times in total.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Whats actually missing?
Also what do you need code wise, like you said, most should be actionAs.
Apart from the Action8, and please for the love of kittens use a different grfid!
(Than you other grfs)...

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

heehee, I already have. But all this action stuff washes over me, like waves over a picture drawn in the sand on a beach.

</poetic>
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Very nice... Now make it work with Pikka's viaduct :D
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

So much competition for my roadset :(. I have to admit it looks nice, Born Acorn. Maybe Lakie can help, he's good with roadsets :P.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

*caugh*choke*thud*

Well, I guess I cold look at it, Roadsets aren't exactly the most complex things to code...
Unless you are coding for Hyronymus... :P

Just be aware my time is fairly contrained, though.
So don't expect anything over night.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Thanks Lakie. This must be the fastest response time with a call for coders ever. :p

I have done the sprites for Pikka's bridge, (with his permission):

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

peter1138 wrote:Very nice... Now make it work with Pikka's viaduct :D
And with my bridges! :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

You want me to UKRoadsetinise your bridges too Purno? It's no problem, just give me the a-ok. :p
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Born Acorn wrote:You want me to UKRoadsetinise your bridges too Purno? It's no problem, just give me the a-ok. :p
a-ok, tho you gotta ask Szappy permission if you wanna use his code.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Do you have a spritesheet of all the sprites in your bridge grf that I can use to work on?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Born Acorn wrote:Do you have a spritesheet of all the sprites in your bridge grf that I can use to work on?
Nopes, but why don't you decode the .grf?

EDIT: Actually, I might have some sprites, but I believe Szappy did some (additional) artwork on them, so I guess the ones in the .grf are more usable.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Then decode the Combined Roadset, that should do the trick.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Ok then, thanks Hyronymus.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wether you decode the combined roadset or the original newbridges grf shouldn't matter AFAIK. AFAIK the combined roadset uses the exact code from the newbridges grf and thus also the same sprites. Tho, correct me if I'm wrong.
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:Wether you decode the combined roadset or the original newbridges grf shouldn't matter AFAIK. AFAIK the combined roadset uses the exact code from the newbridges grf and thus also the same sprites. Tho, correct me if I'm wrong.
I never got a report about glitches in your bridges so I think the Combined Roadset is safe to use as a basis.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Theorically it will only be replacements for if the bridge is active (might be hard to work out with the combined set, but I'll work it out.
That way the glitches will come from the master grf not this one. (it also keeps the grf filesize down). :)

~ Lakie
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I should just provide the road deck sprites then?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Pretty much, just the sprites which have roads on them. :)

~ Lakie
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I've scooped out the road deck bridges and have begun work on them. Will post when complete.

Return to “Graphics Development”