Depot to Depot Transfers.

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Depot to Depot Transfers.

Post by Raichase »

Would it be possible to drag an item of rolling stock from one depot window to another, just as if one was dragging it around in a depot?

I can post a picture if anyone is interested, but especially with the UKRS, with passenger coaches being so damned expensive, I need to keep them at all costs, and it's no fun loading them up to a spare loco and trying to navigate them around the network to get to the main depot.

Cheers!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Depot to Depot Transfers.

Post by SAC »

Raichase wrote:Would it be possible to drag an item of rolling stock from one depot window to another, just as if one was dragging it around in a depot?

I can post a picture if anyone is interested, but especially with the UKRS, with passenger coaches being so damned expensive, I need to keep them at all costs, and it's no fun loading them up to a spare loco and trying to navigate them around the network to get to the main depot.

Cheers!
I agree with the idea! Even though I haven't had to navigate spare loco's and wagons to another depot, I often move around industrial areas and as a result thereof have to spend valuable money to create a temp track - if I can find room for it, that I can use to move a bunch of trainsets to the new industrial location. If the ability to place a "new" depot to which I could use a drag and drop feature were implemented, lots of problems would be solved!

Hmmm, thinking about it, it does after all seems similar to Raichase's description! :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

solution:
get that Dilapidated 0-4-0 tank / 4-4-0 express engine thats knocking around in a shed to pick up and take it where-ever :D
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

m3henry wrote:solution:
get that Dilapidated 0-4-0 tank / 4-4-0 express engine thats knocking around in a shed to pick up and take it where-ever :D
:P Yeah, if only it was that easy! LOL
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Dave

Post by Dave »

I hardly think the City of Truro was given shunting duties back in the day...
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Thats okay when it's just down the line, but when you've got fully loaded goods vans, among other things, it makes it very hard. Especially when you've got to navigate the damn thing to the right depot...
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It might be possible. I'm not completely sure though, there would have to be variables updated which cannot be changed directly...
Also I have very little spare time now, so you'll have to get another patchdev to look at it. :(

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

On the other hand, this may lead to people cheating by "teleporting" their trains/wagons to the other side of the map and earning really lots of money.
Cargo deletion may be good in that case.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

its only meant for locos, so the wagons cant be moved with the loco or to the loco.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I prefer simply using 'empty care movements' where, when a whole lot of cars build up that need to be moved, they are sent to the new destination in droves. Like 50 or 60 cars at a time. It's fun.
Formerly known as Lachie
stevenh
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by stevenh »

WhiteHand wrote:..It's fun...
And realistic; Just check out that stupid fuel train that services Canberra. :evil:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Lakie wrote:It might be possible. I'm not completely sure though, there would have to be variables updated which cannot be changed directly...
Also I have very little spare time now, so you'll have to get another patchdev to look at it. :(

~ Lakie
Lakie, even if you just keep it in the back of your mind for a year, I wouldn't mind. This topic isn't going anywhere, and if someone likes the idea enough to implement it, then goody :)). Otherwise, I'll keep on making do, as there is no other choice.

I just want to share the idea, and if someone likes it, then all the better. Thanks for sharing your expertiese though, sorry to hear you're busy :)).
MeusH wrote:On the other hand, this may lead to people cheating by "teleporting" their trains/wagons to the other side of the map and earning really lots of money.
Cargo deletion may be good in that case.
Well, if someone really wants to do that, with all the micromanagement and whatnot, why not just let them type in "cht: money", as it would be far less painful. I can't see this as a downside at all...

If people are going to cheat, this isn't going to help them, and if they are not going to cheat, I'll be a big help.
robotboy wrote:its only meant for locos, so the wagons cant be moved with the loco or to the loco.
No, it's mostly designed for wagons, which can't go depot-depot by themselves, they need a loco to haul them. As this was inspired by my not being able to afford new passenger coaches in a UKRS game, it means I can't afford a loco to move the coaches to the right depot either.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Sorry to bring this back from the depths, but I am needing a feature of this type in my current game, and thought I might re-suggest it, in the hopes that a patch dev might have more time now, or a patch dev that wasn't around the last time might take it up?

If not, lets simply let it die again, shall we?

ImageImage
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I've had this problem before but what I do is just tack the coaches onto an existing service in order to move them. It works quite well and the train often makes a bit more money that way.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Raichase wrote: ... and it's no fun loading them up to a spare loco and trying to navigate them around the network to get to the main depot.

Cheers!
What? I thought you were into the realistic thing :wink: Shunting and dead heading unused wagons to a location where they are needed is a daily routine on most rail systems. Also, just like in real life, good management tends to minimize the need for this. Fire your managers! :lol:
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:
Raichase wrote: ... and it's no fun loading them up to a spare loco and trying to navigate them around the network to get to the main depot.

Cheers!
What? I thought you were into the realistic thing :wink: Shunting and dead heading unused wagons to a location where they are needed is a daily routine on most rail systems. Also, just like in real life, good management tends to minimize the need for this. Fire your managers! :lol:
That was well said Wally :D
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

wallyweb wrote:

Cheers!
Well yes, but it's rather inconvenient when the branch lines are not attached (ie, are privatly owned). Also when there is a massive gap of wires, when you need to move an electric locomotive).
ImageImage
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

Raichase wrote:
wallyweb wrote:

Cheers!
Well yes, but it's rather inconvenient when the branch lines are not attached (ie, are privatly owned). Also when there is a massive gap of wires, when you need to move an electric locomotive).
In the case of a massive gap of wires can't you just attach the electric loco in question as a second head for a diesel loco? Last time I checked diesel/electic locos in combo could pass across unelectrified track
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yes but then the electric loses it's own status as a train.

That's the one thing that we're eagerly awaiting - Loco => Consist => Loco conversions.

We have the Loco => Consist, just not the reverse.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Suggestions”