Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators
There are 3 screenshots, and I hope you like them. I will release this work after all items in the "To Do List" disappear. You can help me with that or other stuf if you want, and I will give you the proper credit for it.
I have created the following site specially for new graphics, and there you will find my work:
Go to TTD Urban Renewal
You can also send me your new graphics so I can add it in the same page.
That page does not have pop ups, like the rest of my pages. That is because the screenshots are GIF and big in size.
Modifications done in this project:
- All the items in the map have new lighting that simulates the night illumination effect.
- Added normal/fluorescent lights to: all train stations, bus stations, road vehicles depot, almost all temperate climate buildings and houses, parks, small and large airports, all rail, monorail and maglev engines, absolutely all vehicles (front, back, and side lights), oil rig, etc.
- Added different sequences of flashing lights to: top of tall buildings (including cranes in buildings under construction), oilr rig, airports, heliport, etc.
- Changed the runway light of large airport, added lights to the runway of small aiport (already redesigned by Mr. Hunt at TTD Forums), added fluorescent lights under the runway lines.
- Replaced the post-modernist blocky building with one from the sub-tropical climate. The building was redesigned to be taller and look right after the random coloration of pre-definied colors in game. Because of problems with this coloration I had to replace the blocky building.
- Re-painted street lights with dark red and turned them on.
- Re-colored train signals to be brighter.
- Added satellite TV antennas to many buildings, including the company HQ.
- Overall number of modified sprites: Hard to tell. At least 3300 sprites.
- bus stop and station are a bit too dark (small airport to)
- why don't create one BIG change ... (ROB .. don't you think some of your graphic could be use here... and thsi is to others to)
- I will try to find Mr.Hunt ... those monorails will be great here
- change all of building (but later)
- road signs and traffic lights
About the BIG change: If you think that masking 3300 sprites and changing their color was an easy task, you are wrong. My swap file and computer suffered a lot in several nights of trial and error to make the colors look right. However I have robbed the small airport, and I may steal more stuff if I find good things. (with permission from its author)
My next project features the replacement of all buildings, in day light. However making brand new stuff that fits the TTD graphic style not easy. That's why I am not gonna desing the buildings again, but I will change them.
yes, but outside a city you can give a small road signs and in town traffic lightsAndrex wrote:If you read the "To do list" there, I have mentioned the traffic lighst addition, with the name of "semaphores".
I mean you can add other people's graphic...Andrex wrote: About the BIG change: If you think that masking 330 sprites and changing their color was an easy task, you are wrong. My swap file and computer suffered a lot in several nights of trial and error to make the colors look right.
To Josef: Is it possible to changing graphic during the game ?? (I was thinking about day/night cycle ...) I know it will take MUCH memory and cpu ... but is it possible ??Andrex wrote: My next project features the replacement of all buildings, in day light. However making brand new stuff that fits the TTD graphic style not easy. That's why I am not gonna desing the buildings again, but I will change them.
About the night/day change, I also like the idea.
And if you think the TTDGraphics file requires MUCH memory (less than 3 MB!!!), you must have a very old computer. With the 256 MB of RAM I have I could run more than 50 TTDs at once without problem.
- Posts: 24847
- Joined: 26 Jan 2001 20:18
- Skype: orudge
- Location: Banchory, UK
I mean, your work is fantastic and I think it'll make an interesting game experience.
But I don't really see the point of alternating graphics...
TTDPatch is only a hobby of mine. I spend as much time on it as I want, and doing what I want (and what I think worthwhile).
That I share it with other people is just a coincidence...
Why do you think Marcin joined my development effort? It was because I wasn't working on what he considered to be the important things. So now he's doing them himself. You should try that sometime, it's addictive
OK, I keep working in my project and here is a new cellular phone telecommunications tower ready to download.
Keep and eye on the TTD Urban Renewal because I will add other day-light work in there as I do it.
- (7.02 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests