Do these trains exist for TTDX (OpenTTD)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Do these trains exist for TTDX (OpenTTD)

Post by javaguy »

Hi

Before I say anything else, I have searched for the train mentioned below on this forum using multiple keywords but cant find anything.

Basically I have OpenTTD and Im a bit tired of the normal trains, I would like to put some trains that I see a lot where I live into the game but cant find any of them. I dont know much about trains so I shall show you a picture of the one I would like:

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find one of these trains for Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

Many thanks and I hope this is in the right place
I like TTDX :)
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Maybe the BRSet?

But it's gonna take a while before it gets completed... you also might want to try the UK Renewal Set...
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

A picture isn't enough, state the class also, please.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Tis a Connex Class 465 Suburban Train.
Last edited by Born Acorn on 31 Jul 2006 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

I see the number 465235, so that means it's class 456. But anyway, this train isn't available yet. It's third-rail powered, so it's even impossible to put this train into TTD, because TTD Patch only supports normal track and track with catenary.
Dave

Post by Dave »

It's actually a 465 :P.

And no it's not available.. And it won't be part of the BR Set either, whenever it's completed.

There are more AC EMUs than those running third rail, simply because third rail isn't available.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

whoops...

*carries on*
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Oh, so you're not planning to put 3rd rail in the BR Set? Not even when 3rd rail system will be supported by NewRoutes? :(

But a British Rail trainset with no 3rd rail support would be missing an important part... it's be like having a Swiss set with no catenary support...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Once 3rd Rail is introduced yes, but even so, 3rd Rail only covers London and the South East and parts of Merseyside.

There are more electrified places than that - I just think more AC EMUs are better...

Flickr

javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javaguy »

hmm
To be totally honest, I dont really care if the game has no third rail, Im not really fussy about realism like that.
I just really like those trains despite them always smelling of god knows what and being late and having a stupid system of power (dangerous!)

ah well, shame I'm no good at sprites
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well... even if you're not, you could try. You never know, you might have talent.

I'm open to suggestions for the BR Set still, but they have to be substantiated. No offence or anythin, but "I like them" isn't substantial :D.

Flickr

Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Talking about NewRoutes, how is the progress? Two weeks ago there was a topic about that, but when I got back from holidays I couldn't find it any more. I'm a little confused about that.
javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javaguy »

Dave Worley wrote:Well... even if you're not, you could try. You never know, you might have talent.

I'm open to suggestions for the BR Set still, but they have to be substantiated. No offence or anythin, but "I like them" isn't substantial :D.
heh, I see where youre coming from.

Well, I have been doing a little spriting..
and no, Im not very good... at all..
uh, well here is what I made. Its not really accurate as it would be for my own use only. The shading is not very good either.

Is it okay if the carriges are that long? the other train is awful stubby :wink:
anyway this was just me having a first not-very-serious go.

lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Holy s***! That's damn fine for a first try. Very good indeed. Obviously, as you state, they aren't in the proper scale, but you have the proper shape and angles, and those are the hardest parts! I'd say you're one week away from drawing perfect TT sprites. I'm looking forward to seeing more work of the new principal artist of the BR Set. :wink:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Bastiaan wrote:Talking about NewRoutes, how is the progress?
It is more than 0% done, and less than 100% done. I'm not sure if anyone knows any more than that.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javaguy »

lifeblood wrote:Holy s***! That's damn fine for a first try. Very good indeed. Obviously, as you state, they aren't in the proper scale, but you have the proper shape and angles, and those are the hardest parts! I'd say you're one week away from drawing perfect TT sprites. I'm looking forward to seeing more work of the new principal artist of the BR Set. :wink:
hehe thanks
I cant see myself becoming principal artist of the BR set though :wink:
I see other trains on this forum that are much better!

I have found a tutorial that says the trains can only be so long, which is a shame..

also to be totally honest it isnt my first go at sprites, its my first go at TTD sprites but I drew some network south east DMUs a while ago for a game I was going to make (in darkbasic pro- nice and easy)
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

DaleStan wrote:
Bastiaan wrote:Talking about NewRoutes, how is the progress?
It is more than 0% done, and less than 100% done. I'm not sure if anyone knows any more than that.
Ok, I was so far already :P But where has the topic I mentioned gone?
javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javaguy »

here is the "mark 2" Networker.
Its not ... that great.
what do you guys think?
(be constructive please :wink: )

Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

The size is good, the shape is good (but that's not very difficult with this train). It only looks too plain and bright now, because the shading and details are missing.
javaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by javaguy »

Bastiaan wrote:The size is good, the shape is good (but that's not very difficult with this train). It only looks too plain and bright now, because the shading and details are missing.
mm, to be honest I am totally rubbish at shading. I cant visualise it at all..
well, I have done a sorta bit of shading.
I know, its rubbish :wink: edit: its a before/after.. the bottom right is after, on its shady side.

Return to “Graphics Development”