North America Trucks

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

North America Trucks

Post by scpk2000 »

Hello everyone. I know that there is a current post for trucks and trailers, but I was wondering if any one would be able to do some North American Trucks and trailors. Here are some pics of the types of trucks we have here. There are some other pics I have too that I wanted to share, but apparently I can only do three at a time on here...however it would be neat to see these in Locomotion :D
Attachments
Car Transport
Car Transport
allied_systems_ford.jpg (132.71 KiB) Viewed 8922 times
An articulated truck
An articulated truck
a5_freightliner_cf1.jpg (110.41 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
Flat bed hay truck
Flat bed hay truck
11_side_view_1.jpg (94.96 KiB) Viewed 8926 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Traler trucsk are possible, but i thought it was a real pain to create then, especiale trucks with trailers, are difficult because the truck will be on top of the trailer. (On the other hand i get a real weird idea; isnt it possible to make such a truck with a negetive bogeyposition? So basicly you got trailer first then truck; but with bogey positions you reverse that, so teh trailer will be on top and the truck not (I hope the people who know what i am talking about understand the idea)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Wow...I had no idea that was how difficult it is...well here are some more trucks I thought of too.
Attachments
Dump truck/hopper Truck
Dump truck/hopper Truck
kw_end_dump.jpg (117.75 KiB) Viewed 835 times
Grain Truck
Grain Truck
file0060.jpg (100.86 KiB) Viewed 8905 times
Bottom dumping hopper truck
Bottom dumping hopper truck
file0035.jpg (94.93 KiB) Viewed 8904 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Some other trucks I found are these too.
Attachments
Hopper Truck/dump Truck
Hopper Truck/dump Truck
campbell_pb_transfer.jpg (182.86 KiB) Viewed 8896 times
Container Truck
Container Truck
bb_infiniti.jpg (93.73 KiB) Viewed 8898 times
Covered Car Transport
Covered Car Transport
art_docter05.jpg (94.8 KiB) Viewed 8902 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

And here are some other trucks I found.
Attachments
Log/Lumber Truck
Log/Lumber Truck
dsc_4743.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 8891 times
Grain Truck
Grain Truck
dj_arias_2_axle_359.jpg (65.9 KiB) Viewed 8891 times
North American Road Train
North American Road Train
cf_triples_re.jpg (101.98 KiB) Viewed 8891 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

And here are some other examples of North American trucks
Attachments
Livestock/Cattle truck
Livestock/Cattle truck
koenig_pb02.jpg (93.15 KiB) Viewed 8882 times
Tanker
Tanker
gbt_fliner.jpg (89.21 KiB) Viewed 8884 times
Gas Truck
Gas Truck
file0046.jpg (185.43 KiB) Viewed 8887 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

And last but not least :D
Attachments
Container
Container
dsc_1651.jpg (123.98 KiB) Viewed 8879 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Woops, forgot the others I wanted to post with the last one...here they are. It would be amazing to see these vehicles in Locomotion and I understand it would be a bit of a challenge...but judging by the artistic abilities and talents of the people who have already made amazing graphics I'm sure they could do it! Thanks for letting me share my favorite types of trucks with you guys! :D
Attachments
Fedex Truck
Fedex Truck
dsc_8799.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 8870 times
Flatbed Truck
Flatbed Truck
woodcock-bros.jpg (121.52 KiB) Viewed 8874 times
UPS Truck
UPS Truck
dsc_3153.jpg (116.17 KiB) Viewed 8876 times
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Hmmm...as to being able to do the bogey thing...not sure what that is...but I have seen these types of trucks in other video games there are a series of them like Hard Trucking Convoy and they do have these types of trucks in them...I hope if it could be done in another game it could be done in Locomotion. Either way it would look totally cool...and from what I see...it looks like the trailor on these is on top of the truck...I dunno.
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

anything with more than one trailor is impoissible in LoMo :(

and some one already made 18 wheelers for the game, lost the link though
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Samo wrote:anything with more than one trailor is impoissible in LoMo :(

It isnt impossible, just very difficult.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

Samo wrote:anything with more than one trailor is impoissible in LoMo :(

i think you talk about this link here right ?

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=23752
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

Yes I messaged mayday to see if they could be of any help....but have not heard from them. Well my think was that if they could do it with their trucks then hopefully someone else could do the same thing with the examples I showed...actually there is a download for a road train with an Actros truck that has up to like 5 trailors behind I have seen.
mayday
Engineer
Engineer

Re: North America Trucks

Post by mayday »

scpk2000 wrote:Hello everyone. I know that there is a current post for trucks and trailers, but I was wondering if any one would be able to do some North American Trucks and trailors. Here are some pics of the types of trucks we have here. There are some other pics I have too that I wanted to share, but apparently I can only do three at a time on here...however it would be neat to see these in Locomotion :D
i can make the trucks but not in road trains, the problem is the trailers can than not coupled on ather trucks. man can only as road train make one truck+ trailers but not the trailers than compitable for ather trucks
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/newgrf.html

Look at what you can get in TTDPatch and OpenTTD! Long vehicles!

They're proper trucks too, you can change the type of trailer (and therefore the type of cargo) they pull, making them a genuine alternative to trains for low-medium levels of cargo.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

He is not asking for TTDpatch or OpenTTD...
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

metalangel wrote:http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/newgrf.html

Look at what you can get in TTDPatch and OpenTTD! Long vehicles!

They're proper trucks too, you can change the type of trailer (and therefore the type of cargo) they pull, making them a genuine alternative to trains for low-medium levels of cargo.
Wow...those are neat I would love to be able to use them in Locomotion, but I don't know if we can download TTD stuff on Locomotion it would be neat however if someone could make it possible :D
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Its isnt possible to add TTD stuff, thats why its a useless post.
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by scpk2000 »

*sigh* Nothing is every simple...why is it that the game is made by the same person, but for some reason he made putting those kinds of vehicles into the game more difficult then putting them into TTD? I downloaded the Locotool and had to get a graphics viewer or something like that and now I don't know what to do. The Sticky instructions are way above my head...blech! I wish I knew more about this stuff then I would have just done it myself...I have Railroad Tycoon and I don't like it cause it's only dealing with Railroads and not all the other stuff that Locomotion does...it's a real shame that Chris Sawyer abandoned this project...it could have been really amazing :(
scpk2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Frustrated

Post by scpk2000 »

Well I downloaded the Locotool along with a Graphics viewer, but I have no clue how to made the items I want to make and have asked previously what software I would need to do so myself...aw well, guess I'm just to have to let this go. :(

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”