Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch stations set

Post by Purno »

And the one thing we really miss:
Attachments
footbridge_purno.png
footbridge_purno.png (10.08 KiB) Viewed 8173 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Nice work purno, really nice stuff. :D
The only downside that puts me off using this set mroe is that the colours are all too vivid. They don't seem 'used' or weathered enough.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hmm... weathering could perhaps be done a bit more... but I guess that can be easily done later once everything is coded...
Attachments
oldsingleroofs.PNG
oldsingleroofs.PNG (1.5 KiB) Viewed 7984 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Those look OK, Purno. The overpass was indeed the one thing which was not in the set...

Will it be able to build the overpass in a one-sided overpass (I mean, with the stairs only on one side of the 'footbridge')
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That footbridge, in my opinion, is waaay to big. Compare it to the size of the footbridge in MB's new stations and you could drive a tank over it!
Also, I agree with Ben, the colours are too bright.
The basics are there, just need some refinement.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Well, the brightness is part of Purno's style; I don't think we should make him change that too much. Besides, Dutch stations are cleaned very, very often, and the paint colours really are chosen to be bright.
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Ameecher wrote:That footbridge, in my opinion, is waaay to big. Compare it to the size of the footbridge in MB's new stations and you could drive a tank over it!
Also, I agree with Ben, the colours are too bright.
The basics are there, just need some refinement.

You should look at some of our footbridges then. For example, Den Bosch centraal actually IS wide enough to drive 2 tanks through it simultaneously!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The footbridge sprites are designed in a way you can build a 1 tile small footbridge with stairs on one side, but you can also built two adjacent so you got one big footbridge, which is quite common at bigger stations in the Netherlands.
Image Image
beeb375
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by beeb375 »

Any chance of putting the download link in the first post? It seems the latest one is buried in page 15 (thanks to Purno for the link :p). Also, I keep getting a page not found error when clicking on the Dutch Stationset link on the website.
“Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The ‘x’ makes it sound cool.”
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Website is quite... well... broken...
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It is on grfcrawler now too.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

anyone made use of my sprites as well? Just curious about it. Hopefully they make good use in a later time.

Regards
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i... want... footbridges!
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Caelan wrote:anyone made use of my sprites as well? Just curious about it. Hopefully they make good use in a later time.
There should be some of them in the grf file, so I think people have used them in-game.
lobster wrote:i... want... footbridges!
Go draw some then!
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

XeryusTC wrote:
lobster wrote:i... want... footbridges!
Go draw some then!
Purno wrote:Image
Image Image
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

those're the ones i meant. awesome-looking material, Purno. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Thanks, I certainly can't wait to see them ingame. :mrgreen:
Image Image
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

CHARGE!!!!

Or rather, BUUUUMP!!!

I was locked into a cold and dark room by Purno and have been told to code some extra platforms, so I did. Can I come out now?

Note, this version is very lickely to break savegames as I've been shuffling around with tile ID's for a bit. If it breaks your savegame you will not complain here, you will complain at your brain for not ordering your body to interface with the PC to make a backup.
Attachments
dutchstatw.grf
(147.29 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
dutchstat.grf
(147.17 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

awesome. ;)

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Awesome work, but could you code the overpasses the same way as the tunnels; so you can choose the direction of the stairs. When two opposite directed overpasses are built next to each other they should connect as one big one.

Keep up the good work!
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”