[INTRO] DominionSpy

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

[INTRO] DominionSpy

Post by DominionSpy »

When this project first started, I followed its progress closely and I helped in a simple way (I converted the ideas list into html). After a while, I realised that there was no real progress being made and that I couldn't really offer any other help, so I eventually stopped checking the forum. Although I was a programmer, I had little experience in C++, and none in 3D programming.

That was over a year ago. I have now just finished a Masters course in Computer Games Technology where I learnt about everything from the design document through game logic to advanced 3d graphics in both DirectX and OpenGL. I now feel that I can contribute to this project as a coder. I also think I can bring some new ideas to some of the discussions.

From looking at the latest progress, I can see that you are still in the design document stage. I think it is time to start discussing the implementation. Since it will take a very long time, I believe we don't need to have a finished design document to be able to talk about such subjects as the game class structure.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Wow, a pro in the team :D welcome.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

Purno wrote:Wow, a pro in the team :D welcome.
Hehe, I'm not quite a pro since I don't have a job yet ;), but thanks for the welcome :).
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Dominion Spy:

Good - glad to have you on the team. I assume you are going to band with the coders? :)

Anyhoo - after today's meting I wanted to start a coder crash team and start working on the engine. So - perfect timing :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

uzurpator wrote:Dominion Spy:

Good - glad to have you on the team. I assume you are going to band with the coders? :)
Yes please :D
uzurpator wrote:Anyhoo - after today's meting I wanted to start a coder crash team and start working on the engine. So - perfect timing :)
I kind of got that impression from the [OBJ] topics :)

I forgot to mention too that I'm very good at mathematics and bug fixing.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Uzurpator, the meeting has been postponed until Friday. You can always start a crashteam today though, the channel and this forum are available for that purpose too.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Nice to see some new people on the project. You're knownledge of game programing can probably become valuble. :D

Myself I have been somewhat active in the project the last year. But now I have begun studiying intelegent transport systems at university, so I have taken a step aside from the project.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

OOokay - I sent Owen a PM asking for creation of the TE code forum. Expect some progress soon :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

uzurpator wrote:OOokay - I sent Owen a PM asking for creation of the TE code forum. Expect some progress soon :)

OK, but, can't we just use the developpers forum for now? I think it's a little weird to ask yet an other forum if we already have one that isn't used anymore...

btw: when exactly do you plan that coders-crash-meeting ?
On holiday from 16/07 till 31/07
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

uzurpator wrote:OOokay - I sent Owen a PM asking for creation of the TE code forum. Expect some progress soon :)
Make sure to remind him to disallow guests on the forum, and allow me and Hyronymus to moderate it. orudge can be such a noob :P

I don't agree with adding more of these forums to TT-Forums though. It feels too cluttered.
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

The only people allowed there will be those of the coding group. THe group leader will be the moderator (for now it will be me, until we elect the leader :) )
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I think adding a new section to the forums isn't necessary at all. We already have a Transport Empire Development section that is only accessible by TE developers. Steve and I can easily force non-codegroup members to stay from posting in the codegroup topics. To make clear a topic is for a certain group alone you could use a title like:

[COD] Game engine development (strict)
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

Welcome, DominionSpy. I've added you to the Transport Empire Developers group, which grants you write access to the Developers forum.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:Steve and I can easily force non-codegroup members to stay from posting in the codegroup topics. To make clear a topic is for a certain group alone you could use a title like:

[COD] Game engine development (strict)
Why do you want to 'forbid' non-coders from posting in there? They might have something useful to add, if not, they won't post...

Just my two cents.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Because I'm not too certain about the 'if not they won't post'. And naturally because each group has the right to have topics of their own, without anyone interfering.
jabberwalkee_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by jabberwalkee_ »

Just delete posts u dont like....they (read we) will get the picture pretty quickly
Yep That's me in my Avatar
I am the Lemming!
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Hyronymus wrote:Because I'm not too certain about the 'if not they won't post'. And naturally because each group has the right to have topics of their own, without anyone interfering.
Thatn's why I want to make a seperate forum board for this. Besides - I think that coders need their own forum.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

A seperate forum might be a good idea. But then hide it from people not in TE dev group. That way the main forum page doesn't get more cluttered for people who are not involved... and probably don't care. Then coders could have read and write acces, while other devs can have read only.
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Arathorn wrote:A seperate forum might be a good idea. But then hide it from people not in TE dev group. That way the main forum page doesn't get more cluttered for people who are not involved... and probably don't care. Then coders could have read and write acces, while other devs can have read only.
i was just about to suggest the same :)
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

me 2

the forum can be hidden in TE dev forum :)

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”