traffic lights

Talk about the sequel to the original TT, Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

traffic lights

Post by Rose-Red »

I checked the forum for this, but couldnt find anything useful.
Train signals is a complete secret in my game. I dont understand them at all. I put four stations in different places and connected them. I needed my livstock and grain train to go to one direction and coal train to the other. I decided to cross the lines just to make it nicer. Unfortunately, my trains lost after some time. I would like to show the screen shot, but somehow i cant do that ( I press 'print screen' button, then paste it in paint and there is only a black screen)
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

Try this tutorial. It's very good and contains a lot of useful informations about playing ttd. Use menu, or just read current part and click 'Next part' link at the bottom of the site:

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~dou/ttdx/
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

pretty good tutorial, I shall read it first and I hope I will understand the way signals work
thanks A LOT
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

I just started to read that manual and realised that my game is missing something
'The Patch introduces three different pre-signals, which have to be combined in the right way to work correctly.'
i dont have those 'pre-signals'. where could I get that patch?
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

At The Patch Site. First download 'The latest stable TTDPatch version' from main site, than using menu at left go to 'Source Code' and there download 'lastest alpha'. Than you can also download additional graphics. Take a look on TTDPatch Graphics Forum (at this forums).
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ehm... you don't need to install the stable version first, before you can install the alpha version, do you? :?

EDIT: This might be a useful topic with all kind of installation guides, including those for the patch and additional graphics.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

Well I have some patch, its called 'latestw.zip', but there is no pre-signals, or some other stuff that I dont even know about. Besides I have newgrf as well.
Yesderday I browsed through one website http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/ and found some patches. It seems to me that every atch is different and I would like to get the one which has all the stuff from the previous patches. Is there such?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

There's only one patch, but different graphics sets for them. If you download the 'all new graphics' pack on the patch main site ( http://www.ttdpatch.net ), you should have the correct signal pack. Alternatively you can use MB's signals, which, AFAIK, probably have the same features.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

Ehm... you don't need to install the stable version first, before you can install the alpha version, do you?
I don't know precisely, I thought you need :roll:
Well I have some patch, its called 'latestw.zip', but there is no pre-signals
So, maybye you don't know that to build presignals you need to press and hold crtl key, or you need to configure your ttdpatch.cfg file.
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

ok I followed your instalation guide thoroughly. At first I re-installed the TTD, then put the patch on it, then downloaded grafics and ran the game.
'Error loading new grafics: file 'newgrf/dbsetw.grf' has invalid sprite #2,012 (5/40)' something like that. :?
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

If you have the latest (a58 or a59) patch, use the DBSetXL. It's better IMHO, and it does not have invalid sprites.
Image please use email instead of PM
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

It's better to not use 'all graphics' file because it doesn't contain accurate versions of some graphics. If you want to use DBSetXL download lastest version from its homepage: http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/.
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

Siema wrote:It's better to not use 'all graphics' file because it doesn't contain accurate versions of some graphics. If you want to use DBSetXL download lastest version from its homepage: http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/.
Ok I chose to do this one. downloaded 'dbsetxlw.zip' which i found in the website you suggessted me. Then I unzipped it and copied the file named 'dbsetxlw.grf' into the C:\Documents and Settings\Rose-Red\My Documents\My Games\Transport Tycoon Deluxe\newgrf folder, then opended the 'newgrfw.cfg' whith paint and instead of 'newgrf/dbsetw.grf' i wrote 'newgrf/dbsetxlw.grf'. Ran the game and the same problem happended with 'newgrf/tropicstw.grf'. Did I do something wrong or should I change 'all grafics' into some other grf file? If so, please give me a link to the download.
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

It depends which climate you want to play. Tropic graphics set is activate only in Tropic climate (and has this error AFAIK), and DBSetXL works only in Temperate climate. So if you want to play in temperate just delete tropic.grf line from newgrf.cfg. If you want to play in tropic you have to find newer version of this set (I don't know if it exists, and where), or just play without it.
then opended the 'newgrfw.cfg' whith paint
You mean MS Paint, or I just don't understand english?
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

sorry not paint, I meant 'notepad' :lol:
ok i think i will delete tropic.grf and when i want to play in tropic i will try to find it somewhere
thanx a lot to everyone
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

There was a format change, or better a format enforce in one of the recent alphas, and that broke a lot of grf files (actually they were broken already, just ttdpatch was more lenient what to accept).
I think the ones on the patch site are updated (by patchman) to the recent standard, so you should download them from the main patch site.
Image please use email instead of PM
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

sorry not paint, I meant 'notepad'
Yes... it's better to open such files.. :lol: have fun with gameplay!
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

again, error which says that newgrf/dbsetxlw.grf is designed to be used with MultiheadO
O_O will it stop today? I want to play without any errors :cry:
what to do now? I feel so stupid
Rose-Red
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rose-Red »

Szappy wrote:There was a format change, or better a format enforce in one of the recent alphas, and that broke a lot of grf files (actually they were broken already, just ttdpatch was more lenient what to accept).
I think the ones on the patch site are updated (by patchman) to the recent standard, so you should download them from the main patch site.
I downloaded the all grafics from that site and there are many errors.
Siema
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Siema »

Thats other thing. You have to read DBSetXL 'donotreadme' (documentation) (it's attached with this set in .zip file). There you will find what you have to set in ttdpatch.cfg file (it is in main game folder). You can also set other things beyond this what DBSet requires. You will find them in Patch manual: http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=Manual chapter 2.

Return to “Transport Tycoon Deluxe”