problem with multiplayer

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Yoeri
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

problem with multiplayer

Post by Yoeri »

when i click <find server>, all the servers i see have red dots.....what
does it mean and is it 'solveable' in a way?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Version mismatch. Use the same version that the server of the game you want to join runs. Should be fixed then.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Yoeri
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Yoeri »

Purno wrote:Version mismatch. Use the same version that the server of the game you want to join runs. Should be fixed then.
er...right :? ....so all those servers are running on TTDpatch or the original TTD, instead of OTTD??
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

The server list is for OpenTTD, not anything else as they use a different network protocol. It means you have a different version of OpenTTD to the server.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Yoeri
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Yoeri »

lucaspiller wrote:The server list is for OpenTTD, not anything else as they use a different network protocol. It means you have a different version of OpenTTD to the server.
same answer, only less complicated, thank you!
but what can i do about it? is it possible to change server or something like that?
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Just choose a server that is using the same version, or get the whatever version the server is using. :D Most servers are using 0.4.0.1 at the moment, so if you want to play online, I suggest you use this.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
}T{Reme [Q_G]
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by }T{Reme [Q_G] »

Aye, basically get the version displayed on the detailed information sheet for that specific server and you'll be able to play.
Siggy not gonna work unless someone allows javascripting...
Yoeri
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Yoeri »

i figured it out! I downloaded the subsidiariespatch, so my version was different from the ones everybody else is using...pity, because its a great patch. Will it be integrated in the next version of OTTD???

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”