London Bombings

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

do you think these are terrorist attacks?

yes
88%
no
13%

Total votes: 48

President
President

London Bombings

Post by WWW »

oh great...
Bombs are going off left right and center in london look:
http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/artic ... 0309990004
and:
Bombs in bins
Bombs in busses
ect ect
DO NOT GO TO LONDON
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

... explosions in the subway? That's bad. Keep me informed of any further details.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

There are claims that the problems on the Underground were due to electrical faults, but it's not confirmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/ if you can get there, or http://news.google.co.uk/
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Too early to confirm. I want a 'maybe' vote or, at the very least, 'no, but it's possible'.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I don't like topics like this. They tend to polarize the entire opinion-forming process of people. I prefer waiting for more information, if it was only because I also read the metro-accident might be a power-related issue.
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

according to german news:

3 bombs on london buses.
several reported on the london underground. (3-4 i think)

reports of the number of casualties and dead vary a lot.

underground is now closed, along with most of the bus network.

according to bbc
1 on bus, 5 in underground

LATEST NEWS: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659331.stm
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

According to dutch news:

Terrorist attack from Al-Qaida. at least 2 deaths, officiall confirmed. A doctor at one of the stations said there were 90 injured at that station. Explosions at 5 stations and 1 to 3 busses (1 officially confirmed).

That's currenlty all I can say.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

for christ sake had to happen today didnt it, i was meant to be going to a concert tonight in london, dont look like i am now,

Also my thoughts go to those injured

Edit: you know this was planned for if London got the olympics, to try and disrupt them some how, well i think it was anyway

Official TT-Jewel Staite FanClub
Official TT-Ellen Page FanClub
Official TT-Hayley Williams FanClub
Official TT-generic yet cute emo woman FanClub
jonty-comp wrote:I accidentally wedged my frigate between some rocks. D:
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

yeah, could be cuz london got the olympics or because G8 talks start in Glenagles.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Louie Armstrong wrote:Edit: you know this was planned for if London got the olympics, to try and disrupt them some how, well i think it was anyway
Oh I doubt that a lot. I don't see who would and why they would.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

if they wouldn't have done it if England wouldn't host the Olympics... planning such an attack costs lots of time and money, it's a waste if you just cancel such an attack.

EDIT: Seeing from a terrorists view, of course.
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

One giant mess there in London, a lot of casulties 2 death so far confirmed. Those Al-Quaida weirdo's again. :evil:
ThorRune
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ThorRune »

BBC just reported casulties in the underground, and that there was indeed going on a rescue operation there... And then dad turned off the TV. But anyways, Blair said it was dffinitely a terrorist attack, because of the nature of this, and also BBC got a report that Al Queda's websites took responsibility for this.

Bloody huge!
Alcohol is not the answer, it just makes you forget the question.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Do any of the regular members of these forums live in London?
Image Image
DominionSpy
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DominionSpy »

Purno wrote:Do any of the regular members of these forums live in London?
I have no doubt that some do.
You're saying I'm a Dominion spy, and don't even know it! - Dr. Bashir
That's the Joker in my avatar, not me. No wait it is me.
lynsey
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lynsey »

I just felt sorry for Tony Blair (obviously I also feel sorry for the victims and their families) but he looked pretty shell shocked in that speach he did. It showed he is human though, his level of concern and not knowing what to say...I don't remember Bush being that emotional after 9/11.

I don't know if it would have been done because of the G8 summit, but I wouldn't be surprised if they chose this time to do it because of it. Sky have just shown a photo of people trying to escape one of the underground stations, looks pretty nasty!

Louie, sucks about your concert, but just be glad you didn't decide to make a day of it and travel in the morning, then you could have been cought up in it all which would be worse. I find it wierd, I only go into London a few times a year, and I went through some of the places a few days ago, makes me glad also it wasn't me today.

It doesn't sound like there are that many fatalities, I guess that is something we should be grateful of.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

I woke up and heard something on the news downstairs 'Bombings in Lon...' and i didnt hear the rest.
I rushed downstairs, and iv'e been watching it all morning.
This is going to Jam up more then London. It will affect All the rail-networks, which means more delays, more problems etc.
This is only the start, im guessing its going to get worse!
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

News flash: All of europe is in red alert, they expect more bombings...
Good grief... :roll:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

More bombings? In London, the UK or complete Europe?
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

They don't know.

Return to “Off-Topic”