Modern Waypoints

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Modern Waypoints

Post by MeusH »

It's ready to add to the trunk (I think)

I've made it in reply to Dominik's post.
I wanted someone to code it so these waypoints would be reserved to monorail and maglev, while Prof Frink's waypoints would stay with railway.

I've been told on the IRC it would be better to leave decision to the player.

So you should just download it and add entry to your config file.
When clicking on the waypoint placement button, you will be greeted with pop-up with installed waypoints.

It would be nice if this grf would be added to the trunk, so people can play with these waypoints on-line.

Thanks to HackyKid who coded it and taught me how to make (working) .nfo files :P
Attachments
modern_waypoint.grf
yuppie
(2.31 KiB) Downloaded 1435 times
Screenshot
Screenshot
modern_waypoint.gif (30.93 KiB) Viewed 30613 times
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

hey that fits very well to the modern age. :idea:
LKRaider
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LKRaider »

Yep, looks good :)

Btw, there's a waypoint graphic that is a small house by the track side, I think it replaces regular waypoint graphics... anyone know if it works in OTTD (and where to get it)?
RK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RK »

the old version of MB's newstations, which contains only waypoints, works with openttd.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

hey, cool!
I like modernstuff!
Abraxa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Abraxa »

Wow... they look awesome! :D
Good job!

-Abraxa
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Modern Waypoints

Post by Prof. Frink »

MeusH wrote:I wanted someone to code it so these waypoints would be reserved to monorail and maglev, while Prof Frink's waypoints would stay with railway.
The graphics aren't actually mine, I just repackaged them for TTDPatch.
blitzkrieg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blitzkrieg »

MeusH wrote:It's ready to add to the trunk (I think)

I've made it in reply to Dominik's post.
I wanted someone to code it so these waypoints would be reserved to monorail and maglev, while Prof Frink's waypoints would stay with railway.

I've been told on the IRC it would be better to leave decision to the player.

So you should just download it and add entry to your config file.
When clicking on the waypoint placement button, you will be greeted with pop-up with installed waypoints.

It would be nice if this grf would be added to the trunk, so people can play with these waypoints on-line.

Thanks to HackyKid who coded it and taught me how to make (working) .nfo files :P
Hi
I just installed your waypoint gfr. But it doesn't look as ur screen shot. i am posting the screenshot of mine wid d image of default OTTD waypoint. Could u tell me what d problem is ?
Attachments
Slontfingfield Transport, 11th Feb 2049.png
Slontfingfield Transport, 11th Feb 2049.png (78.73 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

blitzkrieg wrote:Hi
I just installed your waypoint gfr. But it doesn't look as ur screen shot. i am posting the screenshot of mine wid d image of default OTTD waypoint. Could u tell me what d problem is ?
You will get a much better response on these forums if you SPEAK ENGLISH. This means not spelling "the" as "d".

This looks like exactly the same problem you were having in your last thread; to wit, you're using the mini-IN and not 0.5.2 or the nightly.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Except the screenshot doesnt show the MiniIN "telltale" of the Subsidiaries button. That screen is from normal OTTD.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
blitzkrieg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blitzkrieg »

PikkaBird wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:Hi
You will get a much better response on these forums if you SPEAK ENGLISH. This means not spelling "the" as "d".

This looks like exactly the same problem you were having in your last thread; to wit, you're using the mini-IN and not 0.5.2 or the nightly.
Thanks for the tip. I will try not to repeat it .I am very much used to short messaging system of mobile phone(really hard to get over it).
i am using the latest nightly- r10104. See the attached screenshot.
Attachments
Sardhattan Transport, 26th Jun 2049.PNG
Sardhattan Transport, 26th Jun 2049.PNG (135.01 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

this happens because some sprites need to be rearranged, to resolve this you need to start a new game with all the newgrfs you want
blitzkrieg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blitzkrieg »

Wolf01 wrote:this happens because some sprites need to be rearranged, to resolve this you need to start a new game with all the newgrfs you want
It is a new game with starting year as 2049. I changed its position on the gfr list but i still get the same image... :( :arrow: :cry:
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I had similar problems after a certain release and after. (Don't remember which, it is a very long time ago, so I stopped using this grf).
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

It is a bug in the Modern Waypoints GRF. It mixes feature types (trains, newstations, newhouses, etc) of its Action 1/2/3 lines.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

peter1138 wrote:It is a bug in the Modern Waypoints GRF. It mixes feature types (trains, newstations, newhouses, etc) of its Action 1/2/3 lines.
Hmm, it does indeed. Why doesn't OTTD complain about this? ;)

I also can't help but wonder what the intended purpose of the "0C 00" sprites is...
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

OTTD has always kept GRF errors to itself, on the basis that usually it's been OTTD that is wrong.

Running with "-d grf=9" as a parameter will spam you with tons of mostly useless output, though.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

[redacted]
Last edited by kamnet on 04 Jun 2012 10:11, edited 3 times in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This NewGRF should have been fixed a long time ago.
Prof. Frink wrote:MeusH: if you want to cheat, search the forums for my re-coded openTTD checkpoint (TTDPatch Graphics forum), and just replace the sprites in there.
Received: by 10.101.71.3 with SMTP id y3csp39845ank; Sun, 3 Jun 2012 15:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Re: About your "Modern Waypoints" for TTD
To: Kevin Fields <kamnet@gmail.com>

Hi there,
I'm glad you like them. Yes, go ahead with your work. Release it under any license you please
Good luck,
Amadeus

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Kevin Fields <kamnet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello! My name is kamnet from the tt-forums.net boards. Quite a bit ago I came across your Modern Waypoints NewGRF for OpenTTD. The NewGRF
> currently doesn't work because it's missing some important information from the file. I would like to use your work to build a new waypoint
> set. May I have your permission to do so and release it either as Public Domain or under a Creative Commons or GPL license?

Modern-style gantry waypoint modeled after OpenTTD's tubular bridge. Graphics by Amadeus Wieczorek (MeusH), code by Alan Blanchflower (Prof. Frink). Released under GNU Public License v2. Available via OpenTTD in-game online content downloading system (BaNaNas), as well as here on the forums, with complete sources.
Attachments
modern_waypoint2.tar
Download this TAR file into your NewGRF or Data directory, contains playable NewGRF and GPLv2 license.
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 972 times
modern_waypoint2-source.tar
Source NFO file, PNG spritesheet, compiled NewGRF file and GPLv2 license.
(44.5 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
screenshot-300x200.png
screenshot-300x200.png (15.88 KiB) Viewed 24343 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I tried to use this set today with some new rails and quickly realized that it didn't support them. If somebody with some NFO skills wouldn't mind, please take a look at the source code and modify it to support the rail type feature?

Return to “Graphics Development”