..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated.

Concerning the 334, I fixed the reference image, but I seem to not have the sprite. Can you repost it?

On looking over the tracking table, I see that the locos are almost finished; and that's a great accomplishment, considering that this is the first fully-animated set. However, most of the freightcars remain to be done; as we need variants, I don't know if this will be a huge job, or an easy color-replace.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Here is the 334:

indeed, now that we dropped the 041 now it's 2 more locomotives to go and have all of the locomotives!
The freight cars will be done in time. I'm going to ask some sprites from other sets that I've seen we can use, and I'm going to draw some myself too.
Attachments
334.png
334.png (1.1 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

You could use any freight wagon from Serbian rail set.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Are the Serbian wagons similar to Spanish ones? As I recall, some of them were really very attractive and "European" looking. If that is agreeable to Sanchimaru, I think that would be very nice.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Death's news

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<<
New Taster version: 1.18

Changes:
  • :arrow: New Locomotives:
    • 102 AVE EMU
      334 Diesel
    :arrow: Some MUs are now Dual-Headed
    :arrow: Steamers have their coaches in the Purchase window
    :arrow: Better Alignment
    :arrow: More fixing work
Download:
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Coyote: Indeed, the Serbian set was the first one I thought of! ;) I'll check out the tracking table and tell you. I will gladly try to make something to help too.

I also want to check out the Czech freight cars, I saw some of them in someone's banner that resemble spanish ones.

Death: fine coding as always 8) I tested the file, and my only concern are the dual headed MUs... I'd like to have them dual headed only when strictly necessary. I think that's only 2 of the AVE trains (the 102 and 100, I think) Or is there any need of having other MUs dual headed too?
Also, if there are going to be dual headed engines: is there any way to make the rear head be always in the last position?
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:Also, if there are going to be dual headed engines: is there any way to make the rear head be always in the last position?
multihead=off or buy the wagons and then the locomotive. Too bad but in this case OpenTTD works fine, while in TTDPatch the rear loco placed in the second position.
If I were know how to do this in the patch I would do it. but I don't know anything about developing patches...
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I'm preparing an allocation scheme for the MUs so that you can see how the cars should be placed in each case. I hope it will be helpful.
I have so far written this list, but the scheme will include images too:

EMU cars with pantograph: every 4th car (counting head too)
AVE 100: ignore car in 5th row. 3 is mail, 4 is pas. 2 is car next to head; 6 is car next to rear head.

double headed MUs/trains:
590 talguillo (no additional cars attacheable)
100 AVE
102 AVE "pato"
All the other MUs shall work as usual, the last car becomes rear head.

In the meantime, I have a new locomotive ready to go! and now only 1 is left to be done!!
Attachments
231.png
231.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 3162 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:I'm preparing an allocation scheme for the MUs so that you can see how the cars should be placed in each case. I hope it will be helpful.
I have so far written this list, but the scheme will include images too:

EMU cars with pantograph: every 4th car (counting head too)
AVE 100: ignore car in 5th row. 3 is mail, 4 is pas. 2 is car next to head; 6 is car next to rear head.

double headed MUs/trains:
590 talguillo (no additional cars attacheable)
100 AVE
102 AVE "pato"
All the other MUs shall work as usual, the last car becomes rear head.
Thanks, that helps. :D
By the way, I had a talk with Purno about the 103 AVE (ICE-3), and I found some additional information about this train in Michael Blunk's site.
The problem with this train is that it requires 8 wagons (including the 2 locomotives), no more and no less.
becuase this "problem" Michael coded this train like this:
when you buy a wagon for this train, a "more" word will appear on the wagon, untill you buy enough wagons. If you buy too much wagons, a "stop" word will appear (Test the DB set XL to understand it better).
I wonder how would you want it.

:idea: I have another three options:
1. Ignoring this requirement, and make this train as other MUs.
2. Articulated train - when you buy the locomotive, you will buy the whole train, and no more wagons will be available for attatchment.
3. (I didn't try it before but it:) Avoiding to leave the depot without the correct number of wagons. (an error messege will appear if there's no 6 wagons.)
(Maybe there're more options, but they didn't come up in my mind)

:?: Which to chose?

[Edit:] For the MUs, I've thought about a simple trick for a long time ago:
I can make them articulated (i.e. the first is a loco and the second part is a regional which is a rear head) and when you add a new wagon to the MU, the rear head will be placed in the last position and it will look like a dual-headed loco, but its rear head will placed correcly. (It won't work with the 100 AVE and 102 AVE) what do you think? I hope I understood.
Last edited by Death on 08 Jul 2006 20:46, edited 2 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Death wrote: (Maybe there're more options, but they didn't come up in my mind)
4. Let every 8th coach have an motor-car end sprite and every 8th+1 coach a motor-car begin sprite.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Actually I don't like too many restrictions to the gameplay.
I have a solution to please both realism fans and easy gameplay fans:
From the 3 coaches, the one without anything in the roof will be used for uneven numbered cars up from 5.
Take a look at the scheme I have done: I think that if we code the MUs like this, we will get at the same time gameplay, aesthetics and realism done. The "realists" can build their MUs so that they look as they are in real life; and "gamers" can build them however these fit better their purposes.
Attachments
MUscheme.png
MUscheme.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Thanks, 'cause now I understand it as the best. I will do it.

By the way, do you want it powered too?
I mean, if the locomotive appear every 3 cars, shall I do it powered like the front locomotive? (so long MUs will be strong enough to carry the whole train)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Didn't we adjust the power ratings on the assumption that, with MUs, every car is powered?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I don't know... every middle car, or all cars powered. Whatever you think is better.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Physics-wise, it doesn't make any difference AS LONG AS the trains are always regulation-length. I mean, if the real train has 3 cars, and 1 of them is powered, then it makes no difference whether you have 1 car powered in TTD and the other two not, or all 3 cars powered with 1/3 the HP and TE of the real thing. The totals are the same. But it would make a difference if someone made a train length 2 or 4, which wouldn't happen in real life but commonly can in TTD - in that case, the train would be proportionately under- or over-powered. That's why I prefer the arrangment (with MUs) to be, that each car has its proportionate power, regardless of whether it's that way in real life.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<

Hi guys,
I have a new version: 1.19

Changes:
  • :arrow: New locomotives:
    • 231 "pacific" (steam)
      103 AVE (ICE-3) "Velaro" EMU
    :arrow: MUs wagons updated
    :arrow: Some MUs are powered
    :arrow: more fixing work
Download: Next weak I'll be busier than now, but I will try to progress the work here.
AdRy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdRy »

hi sanchimaru, i'm from spain and this set is fanatstic ^^! i saw the 103 Velaro form the set and i saw onbe form a pic, that i attached here, and the one from the set dosn't have the grey roof, so I was asking you permission for drawing the grey roof of the Velaro. Later when i have it drawn, if you let me, i will send it to you via pm and if you like it you can put it on the set. well thanks for all!
Attachments
e8u7h5.jpg
e8u7h5.jpg (58.66 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
AdRy!!
"I'm not the first and i won't be the worst" Robbie Williams.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hello, AdRy!

The Velaro sprite was done by Purno. You should contact him about adding the detail
AdRy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdRy »

ok, thanks! :wink:
AdRy!!
AdRy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AdRy »

well with Purno's permission and after showing the new detailed 103 Velaro this is the final result. I painted the grey roof that the real train have. I wish you will like it ^^. thanks to Sanchimaru and to Purno.
bye!
Attachments
103.png
103.png (6.57 KiB) Viewed 2568 times
AdRy!!

Return to “Graphics Development”