I've been thinking about the climates, it's really hard, and to have them working properly, we'll have either to stick on temperate, or have some modifications...
The more I think about it, more the arctic climate fits better than tropical for Spain. Remember this is not as for weather similarity, but for how does teh mechanism works for each of the climates compared to how geography and industry works in spain:
- snow / normal: would be rainy/ hot land in Spain
- only in snow there can be forests, only in normal there can be farms
- most of the industries in arctic can stay the same, since there are such ones in Spain: coal, paper, wood, wheat, livestock, food, goods
- the only non matching industries are oil and gold. I thought of changing oil into olives > goods into goods(olive oil) ; and gold into vegetables > bank into city market. These ones could be changed, however, if somenoe offers a better idea
- rainforest / desert: would be wet / dry
- the jungle sounds must definatley dissapear. Despite I don't think it has ever been done, I'm certain that someone, maybe Patchman himself, said that sounds could be replaced. In that case we should look for woods sounds (maybe wolves, owls...). But even if we do so, I honestly think that the tropics are too noisy. It's fine if we can just eliminate those sounds...
- almost none of the industries in tropical exist in Spain. Only the sawmill, the copper ore mine, foods, goods and the farm. And the tropical farm doesn't produce livestock, only maize. Livestock is a very important industry in Spain; there must absolutely be livestock. The industries in tropic should hence be changed to:
fruit > cictric fruit (oranges and lemons)
rubber > ??? (maybe wood)
oil > olives
watertank > ???
watertower > ???
oil refinery > olive oil factory
bank > market
diamonds > vegetables
I don't know well what could we put in the places with ??? If we think a little bit I'm certain that many good ideas will come. But even that way we would have a problem:
fruit, rubber, farm : only in rainforest
water : only in desert
If fruit is going to be citrics, it must be in the hot land, not in the wet land.
So as far, it still seems to me that arctic will be easier to addapt than tropic. However, I'd like to hear the expert's opinion first