xUSSR Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

AgRiG
Engineer
Engineer

xUSSR Set [WIP]

Post by AgRiG »

The time came to start this topic because I saw questions about xUSSR Set in topics which were not supposed for that. Thanks to George, he pointed me right time to start.
Until we have 25% of non-speaking Russian developers it's NOT a development topic. Discuss current progress, post suggestions, ask questions, but don't expect to see inner development discussion. Of course, we accept any help...

:arrow: Some info.
xUSSR Set planned as a large set of soviet and post-soviet transport. I hope one day it will include ALL kinds of graphic to change everything in TTD. We started development from railways, landscape and interface.
For now, 'we' are:
AgRiG - coordinator, artist, railway technical info.
George - coder, ttd-technical support, artist.
Joyrider - coder, artist.
Zoom - artist. state unconfirmed???

:arrow:
Downloads DOS
Trains
Static Objects
Downloads Win
Trains
Static Objects
Downloads misc
psd-templates
png-templates

P.S. Sorry for my English, it's... not good ;-), but it should be me to start this topic because I'm coordinator of the set.
Attachments
list.txt
List of planned rail vehicles.
(799 Bytes) Downloaded 1328 times
Last edited by AgRiG on 03 Jan 2006 15:55, edited 3 times in total.
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

I think you'd better post some screenshots :)
TtdRussia.net - The Russian TTD, OpenTTD, and Locomotion Community
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

The idea was great, but... No monorails, no maglevs. It's not playable :(
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Heh, since when does one really need monorail or maglev? A lot of sets don't have them and they sure are playable.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

Looks like I forgot to add "IMHO" ;) For me - it's not playable set without mono/maglev trains. I've tried several sets, what I've found on forum and around the net, and stopped on UKRS for now, but... It's good to have a lot of different electrical locomotives :) but closer to 2000 year it's going boring without futuristic locomotives :( In UKRS there is present 2 maglevs, but one purposed only for passengers, and second can be bought with lot of wagons in complect, which can transfer only goods and can't be refitted :( Maybe I do something wrong?

P.S. With standart set of OTTD/TTDP I've played enough, so now looking for something new :)
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

snike0437 wrote:but closer to 2000 year it's going boring without futuristic locomotives :( In UKRS there is present 2 maglevs, but one purposed only for passengers, and second can be bought with lot of wagons in complect, which can transfer only goods and can't be refitted :(
But there are of course non-Maglev futuristic locos in the UKRS, too...
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

Since when is this set playable at all? It's a taster, not a complete set, and it is coming along very-very slowly. The release was intended to give a glimpse over what the set might look like in the future.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

xUSSR set was at George site but I think it's not compatibile anymore
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

PikkaBird wrote:But there are of course non-Maglev futuristic locos in the UKRS, too...
As I said, there is 2 of them, and one is only for passengers, the second - is only for goods :(

2 Oleg: То что этот сет только тест и еще не доведен до конца - понятно :) Было бы очень приятно видеть закнченую версию.

2 SHADOW-XIII: Hmm... The files from first post of this topic is run pretty good in MiniIN r7344.
Let's add more maglev/monorails engines to UKRS/DBXL and other sets! :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

If you want monorail/maglev, you might want to try out the Japan set. But that's kinda OT in this topic.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hi
I prefer just railway, then we can add lots of real life locos. It would be nice to have some (5-6) future locos but just for railway/electrified railway!
Oleg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Oleg »

IMHO, that's no use discussing it here, as xUSSR Set hasn't seen an update for mor than a year, and Killer11's Lithuanian Set featuring the same trains in the TTD scale failed to find its coder :(
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

snike0437 wrote:
PikkaBird wrote:But there are of course non-Maglev futuristic locos in the UKRS, too...
As I said, there is 2 of them, and one is only for passengers, the second - is only for goods :(
No, there are 6 non-maglev futuristic locos. :P
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

Oops, sorry. I've read your post not carefull, so thought about maglevs :)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Someone above asked to see some screen shots! Here they are after quick play! And is there possible to get landscape in separate grf. This land is so cool!
Attachments
5.12.2006pilt6.png
5.12.2006pilt6.png (126 KiB) Viewed 27906 times
5.12.2006pilt5.png
5.12.2006pilt5.png (125.03 KiB) Viewed 27905 times
5.12.2006pilt3.png
5.12.2006pilt3.png (136.93 KiB) Viewed 27908 times
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Awesome :)
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

ISA wrote:And is there possible to get landscape in separate grf. This land is so cool!
Have a little addition to question: is it possible to get trees in separate .GRF? Because landscape looking really cool, but without grid lines, and this makes building less comfortable.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

snike0437 wrote:
ISA wrote:And is there possible to get landscape in separate grf. This land is so cool!
Have a little addition to question: is it possible to get trees in separate .GRF? Because landscape looking really cool, but without grid lines, and this makes building less comfortable.
Those trees are not a part of the xUSSR set to begin with.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

Still a screenshot! :)
Attachments
xUSSR_16sp.gif
xUSSR_16sp.gif (152.42 KiB) Viewed 27697 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Hmm, Very nice :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “Graphics Development”